Frank Reich Hired as Panthers Head Coach

JETS SB

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Frank Reich attended seminary in Charlotte after his playing career and still maintains an offseason home in the area. One of his daughters recently started working in the Panthers’ marketing department. His brother just finished his 22nd season as HC at Wingate University.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, football guy said:

Let the Derek Carr-to-Carolina speculation begin 

Could be.  I kinda wonder if Carolina doesn't think that with a guy like Reich that Darnold might be serviceable while they look to draft a QB at some point.  Darnold has improved vs. what we saw...

• Upvote 1

We don’t what happened behind the scenes with the Panthers after Rhule was fired but on the surface it looked like team played better under Interim HC Wilks and maybe he deserved the job. One guy, Reich was fired after his team underperforming and the other guy Wilks improved team.

• Upvote 2

• I think this is great for Reich and the Panthers
  • I respect Reich for going back to work as opposed to sitting on a couch collecting a check (like Gase).
  • Wilks seems like a good coach, but Carolina has no QB/offense.  They need an offensive HC.  Keep Wilks as AHC/DC well paid if someone does not hire him for HC.
  • The Jets could not have hired Patullo or Johnson as OC, because they did not have play call experience.  The Panthers can do that under Reich.  
  • Hackett now has to find people to work with him to develop a QB, unless they are just going to count on Rodgers and throw away Wilson.