Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

30 minutes ago, nyjets1969 said:

I knew he would drag this out . Why would he rush make a decision he is guaranteed 58 million he can refuse to make a decision force Greenbay to cut him then he can go to a team of his choosing. He is getting 58 million whether he sits in GreenBay and rots or gets traded makes no difference. 

why would they cut him?

Just now, Pac said:

If we went through this drama to wind up with Jacoby Brissett it will the biggest kick in the balls this team has ever given me.  

I can live with Garrapolo or Tannehill but if it's Brissett..  Wow not sure how they could make that up to us. 

They could fire JD. That would be a huge step in making it up. 

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

You bitches need to relax

The announcement will be made soon.

I’m not going to clutch my pearls over Jimmy f*cking Garappolo potentially signing elsewhere during the meantime.

If things work out this will be a nice post to refer back to you how you "knew it all along"

But logically what's happening right now doesn't add up

Just now, Untouchable said:

You bitches need to relax

The announcement will be made soon.

I’m not going to clutch my pearls over Jimmy f*cking Garappolo potentially signing elsewhere during the meantime.

Think most have been pretty relaxed.  But why let some nutcase like Arod hurt our off-season?

If he's causing the delay (big if)...  then move on.  

Jets made a nice effort.  If arod doesn't say yes right now, move forward w/o him.

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

In a franchise full of historical blunders this one will be pretty high up there.

They could have a legitimate QB in Carr and build around him over the next 4 or 5 years. 

It's not over yet and we really don't know what's going on behind the scenes - but if Rodgers does in fact not come to the Jets - this was one of the more irresponsible moves the Jets could have made.

It's one thing to miss on a pick - this would be bad.

i don't think Carr is all that great. He's garbage in bad weather

This is a crap show but Derek Carr isn't really the answer for the Jets in the AFC East 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes, at least save some face. 

Jets come out and say - we're not waiting anymore, awful but at least they're moving on..  Rodgers comes out a few days from now and says he's retiring.  Joe Douglas shouldn't even be able to draft this year.  

What if the scenario is that the Jets and Rodgers are colluding together, and twisting the vice on the Packers, in order to lower compensation? The more time that drifts, tightens that vice as it handcuffs the Packers.

I have no idea what is going on, but that is a scenario too. 

5 minutes ago, Pac said:

If we went through this drama to wind up with Jacoby Brissett it will the biggest kick in the balls this team has ever given me.  

I can live with Garrapolo or Tannehill but if it's Brissett..  Wow not sure how they could make that up to us. 

Free tickets?

10 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Just to make a different reply to the same post. . .

You don't like end zone dances, but you are fine with arrogance and . . . the Discount Double Check? 

The discount double check is douchey but I don't mind it anymore then the NFL sponsored legalized gambling sites or ads to give you a ragging boner.  

It's less douchey than Namath doing ads for Medicare.

Just now, Mike135 said:

Think most have been pretty relaxed.  But why let some nutcase like Arod hurt our off-season?

Jets made a nice effort.  If arod doesn't say yes right now, move forward w/o him.

Because if Rodgers is healthy, he’s right up there with Mahomes as the best QB in the game.

This team has had a giant black hole at QB for over half a century.

I’m more than fine with having to exercise a little extra patience if it means being able to watch Aaron Rodgers throw passes in a Jets uniform, even if it’s just for one season.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

i don't think Carr is all that great. He's garbage in bad weather

This is a crap show but Derek Carr isn't really the answer for the Jets in the AFC East 

He's competent and stays healthy - which the Jets have been lacking for a long time.  

And he was far and away the best FA QB on the market.  Jets could have had him and drafted his replacement next year to sit a year or two.

Just now, FidelioJet said:

He's competent and stays healthy - which the Jets have been lacking for a long time.  

And he was far and away the best FA QB on the market.  Jets could have had him and drafted his replacement next year to sit a year or two.

only problem the Jets still believe Zach is the replacement

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

only problem the Jets still believe Zach is the replacement

I just don't buy that.  I don't even think he's QB2 this year.  They think he's a lotto ticket but can't possibly be counting on him to turn it around.

But the way JD has handled this Rodgers thing you might correct.  

7 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Move where, though? He is the only player that puts the Jets instantly in the Super Bowl discussion.

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

I am in the waiting room as I am having surgery today.  Woman comes out from the back and calls out, “Garropolo?”.  The guy says, “Garafolo”.  She says, “Oh sorry. Garrofolo”.

If thats not a sign fellas…….

Good luck with surgery.

Also, where you are is full of patients... patience... if that's not a sign, fella

• Haha 1