Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

GB picks 15th.  Swapping 1st rounders could be part of the compensation.  I'd hate to trade back from 13 until we see which of the big-3 OTs are still there, but getting Rodgers in the fold is the priority right now.  Can always find a solid OL later in the round.

There’s more than just 3 though.  The jets could get a good OT at 20.

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Wait till AR takes the Jets out for tofu and bean curd , JD will immediately terminate the deal.

Tofu is bean curd. It gets a bad rap. It’s basically vegetarian chicken; it tastes like whatever you cook it in. Don’t think JD is too interested in dinner partners, though. If he was, they’d be flying to @The Crusher’s house. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

So the Jets are going to go have lunch with Rodgers.  Same like they did w/ Carr.  Means nothing.

Can someone give our slow friend a weeks vacation?  It's really grating at this point. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

I can't believe some Jet fans....the most absolute gullable people on the earth.  I would bet my first born child that Rodgers will not be a Jet

How about the following bet:

If he is a Jet, you buy me a reasonably priced pair of tickets to his first home game or give me your first born if it's a boy who is college aged over 6'8" with a great first step and silky smooth jump shot

If he is not a Jet, I let you keep your first born

• Upvote 1

On 3/6/2023 at 1:41 PM, johnnysd said:

I have said this a few times but it seems to get ignored. We have already done this trade. For Favre.

The trade compensation should be no more than that trade and probably less. Green Bay is the leveraged one here, not the Jets.

When Woody is your owner you never have leverage.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

One proposal I was given, that was on the table, and now have the ok to share, is this year’s 2, a conditional 3rd next year, that can become a first based on postseason results, and a player (possibly Corey Davis).

This is exactly what I thought it would be. I don't see a first in the deal unless he/Jets crush it in 2023

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, slats said:

Tofu is bean curd. It gets a bad rap. It’s basically vegetarian chicken; it tastes like whatever you cook it in. Don’t think JD is too interested in dinner partners, though. If he was, they’d be flying to @The Crusher’s house. 

Always knew Rodgers was duplicitous trying to sell a two course meal when providing one basic ingredient ?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

One proposal I was given, that was on the table, and now have the ok to share, is this year’s 2, a conditional 3rd next year, that can become a first based on postseason results, and a player (possibly Corey Davis).

I appreciate you.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Makes a lot of sense and what I’ve been suspecting.  And i do think if that trade is made the jets trade back from 13 and then take an OT.  Also think they’d trade back in the 3rd to get some later round picks. Though they are getting some key players back from injury as well which kinda count at new players. 

If we do land Rodgers, I wonder if a change of scenery will affect his motivation level. He was pretty checked out in Green Bay last year. Notably was absent from offseason workouts and did not practice much with the young Packers receivers. 

You have to imagine this is what Douglas and Saleh are asking him. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

So lets use real terms:

1. 2023 #2 Pick (Wypler the Center was a possibility there).  But we keep our #1 (a Tackle or if they're gone a WR, I pray!)

2. 2024 #1 Pick at Worst (If this goes well, it's a late round, if it blows up, it's a top QB prospect for GB and not us).

3. Corey Davis, who is surplus to mission at this point, and can be replaced with a draft pick WR.

Hmmmm.  Yeah, I could live with that for a sure-thing 2-year rental of A.Rodgers.

The 2 year minimum, must commit to playing both years at least is a must though.

I refuse to have us do the Favre thing again and one-year rental a GB HOF'er on their way to somewhere else.