Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

"I would never, ever in my life, get off the plane for you, specifically you. Maybe for everyone else, I would get off the plane."

Beckham Jr. then added: "You gonna wait 40 minutes, and I'm going to be on a private plane home, with your fat a**. Get your a** off the plane.

"Enjoy the cheese-board on the way home with your ugly a**."

Free cheeseboards for everyone!

Want no part of him 

JD willing to sell out to save his job  

6 minutes ago, Larz said:

Loop Trump GIF

“There are some benefits to waiting if you are Green Bay and I’ve discussed those in the past. From a salary cap standpoint the Packers can split his dead money up as $15,833,770 this year and $24,480,000 in 2024. So rather than losing salary cap space they would actually gain some room “

They’re taking the beating either way, and it probably behooves them to take their medicine this year as opposed to next. IIRC, they incur a $9 mil cap hit by trading him pre 6/1, and that’s the part they’re reportedly trying to offset by taking Corey Davis back with the Jets eating $9 mil.

19 minutes ago, Larz said:

Loop Trump GIF

“There are some benefits to waiting if you are Green Bay and I’ve discussed those in the past. From a salary cap standpoint the Packers can split his dead money up as $15,833,770 this year and $24,480,000 in 2024. So rather than losing salary cap space they would actually gain some room “

Again..  It's a non factor.  It's better for them to take the hit this year when Love is cheap and they haven't signed anyone of significance in FA. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t think they’d be this far down the road on this if the difference was Green Bay wanting 13 vs 43, with Douglas refusing to budge. Green Bay would need another team to jump in to move Douglas off his block, and it doesn’t appear as though that’s happening. 

They need Rodgers to want to play somewhere else. Packers are in a really tough spot. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

That’s why I never bought into the idea initially. I took one look at Rodgers contract and the only good thing for them was for him to come back but I guess Love said he would ask for a trade if that happened and they went with him. His 5th year option is another reason for the packers to want the space. 

there is a 30 year old playbook for bad news,  break the story Friday night at 9:00 pm. The talking heads can only tweet about it and by the time Monday rolls around for all the hot take’s nobody will care anymore and no way a guy running a billion dollar business is afraid of some heat anyway. 

the draft is a pressure point for the packers, not the jets. When the jets are on the clock JD won’t be nervous. 

if the draft comes and goes there are no brakes until June 2. 

I agree about Davis. 

the complete lack of leaks leads me to believe that both sides are operating in good faith, cooperatively and the deal is probably done. No leaks because there is no need to create fear of loss, getting up from the table, etc.   I expect Rodgers won’t Make trouble for the packers camp  

I know it’s really stressful to think about waiting , big battered jets fan energy, but there really isn’t a logical reason for the delay other than the contract. Packers are jerks? JD has no spine ?   Nonsense. It’s hard to imagine the Jets flying to California with no idea what the packers wanted in return. That just doesn’t happen. 

Absolutely. I think what Rapoport, Schefter, etc are responding to is the information blackout coming primarily from the Jets and Rodgers camp, which is why the entire theme of their reporting has been “the Packers want the most that they can get!” At this point, both teams are in a loveless marriage and it’s all about divvying up the knick knacks.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

"I would never, ever in my life, get off the plane for you, specifically you. Maybe for everyone else, I would get off the plane."

Beckham Jr. then added: "You gonna wait 40 minutes, and I'm going to be on a private plane home, with your fat a**. Get your a** off the plane.

"Enjoy the cheese-board on the way home with your ugly a**."

Free cheeseboards for everyone!

Dude step outside 

25 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Just saw where Cimini was told by an NFL exec when asking about OBJ “the Jets are acting drunk over Aaron Rodgers right now”

Not what we want to hear, Rich.

Yeah they're incapable of making any other moves like trading Moore ?

From the guys that brought you not a shred of credible rumors throughout this saga, now they know how the Jets are feeling/acting. Give me a break.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Yeah they're incapable of making any other moves like trading Moore ?

From the guys that brought you not a shred of credible rumors throughout this saga, now they know how the Jets are feeling/acting. Give me a break.

I think it’s more like Rich Cimini is drunk because no one will answer his calls. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Larz said:

So y’all don’t trust Jason at otc when he says there is a benefit for the packers to wait past June 1?

financially for this year only is the benefit. otherwise it's a detriment. they won't get a draft pick this year from us if they do that and also taking the bigger hit this year and having more to play with next year as well as getting our 2nd rounder this year seems to be a better option

45 minutes ago, oatmeal said:
Anytime someone mentions Lamar you pop up like Bloody Mary 

I cannot argue that ...
I think he would set back what is being built by about 4 years.

I really don't like his game .. unlike Elway, Cunningham, Vick, Tarkenton, McNair ... He is not a prolific passer .... Look at the wide receiver stats in Baltimore since after the MVP season

Then add into it the me first shenanigans of holding himself out the playoffs and demanding a fully guaranteed contract knowing his running abilities will diminish and will likely end with injury...

I'd say from the current crop of good QBs I like him least of all.

I'll be bummed by any sort of talk about Richardson as well.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by Dunnie