Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

56 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I cannot argue that ...
I think he would set back what is being built by about 4 years.

I really don't like his game .. unlike Elway, Cunningham, Vick, Tarkenton, McNair ... He is not a prolific passer .... Look at the wide receiver stats in Baltimore since after the MVP season

Then add into it the me first shenanigans of holding himself out the playoffs and demanding a fully guaranteed contract knowing his running abilities will diminish and will likely end with injury...

I'd say from the current crop of good QBs I like him least of all.

I'll be bummed by any sort of talk about Richardson as well.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Bro there are no perfect options available this offseason, one or more of those rookies will be a star but good luck guessing which ones.

I just don’t get the Lamar hate, I can understand if this was a Kyler or something but hey, to each their own I guess ?‍♂️

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Bro there are no perfect options available this offseason, one or more of those rookies will be a star but good luck guessing which ones.

I just don’t get the Lamar hate, I can understand if this was a Kyler or something but hey, to each their own I guess ?‍♂️

yeah, that is true ... it really is the playing style for me ... i don't like that Baltimore's offense is 80% Lamar.

But also all this weird sh*t with the ending to last season , and now the representing himself foolishly then having his mom represent him and now some pseudo agent ...

Do the Jets need this drama queen - for $200 million guaranteed ?

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

yeah, that is true ... it really is the playing style for me ... i don't like that Baltimore's offense is 80% Lamar.

But also all this weird sh*t with the ending to last season , and now the representing himself foolishly then having his mom represent him and now some pseudo agent ...

Do the Jets need this drama queen - for $200 million guaranteed ?

There is ZERO guarantee Lamar flourishes in the Shanahan style offense the Jets run.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Just saw where Cimini was told by an NFL exec when asking about OBJ “the Jets are acting drunk over Aaron Rodgers right now”

Not what we want to hear, Rich.

As if Cimini hasn’t made an entire career out of telling Jet fans what they don’t want to hear, whether it’s true or one of his fabrications. 

• Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Very few people have added anything to this 300+ page thread.

And when they have, it's rare and likely by accident.

Although you are correct, this thread has gone a long way in providing couples counseling.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, slats said:

As if Cimini hasn’t made an entire career out of telling Jet fans what they don’t want to hear, whether it’s true or one of his fabrications. 

Why are we assigned a beat reporter who isn’t even a fan of the team? If anything, he delights in demeaning the organization.

Make no mistake, JD is stone cold sober reading the situation. I also believe he and AR are in lockstep with each other on doing what’s best for the Jets in 2023. 

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Why are we assigned a beat reporter who isn’t even a fan of the team? If anything, he delights in demeaning the organization.

Make no mistake, JD is stone cold sober reading the situation. I also believe he and AR are in lockstep with each other on doing what’s best for the Jets in 2023. 

The Jets beat seems to be the only one that antagonizing the fanbase appears to be the goal. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What’s your plan dude. Like, it was a question and you didn’t answer.  

It wasn't a question it was a deflection. I would stick to building through the draft. Get a mid range guy, draft a QB, see who develops, draft again next year if you have to. A one year bandaid is not a strategy it is a desperation move for a short term possible gain at the expense of the future.

7 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

It wasn't a question it was a deflection. I would stick to building through the draft. Get a mid range guy, draft a QB, see who develops, draft again next year if you have to. A one year bandaid is not a strategy it is a desperation move for a short term possible gain at the expense of the future.

So giving a GM who has proven he can’t evaluate young QB talent more shots at drafting QBs, is the best option moving forward? 

Rightttttttt 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, oatmeal said:

So giving a GM who has proven he can’t evaluate young QB talent more shots at drafting QBs, is the best option moving forward? 

Rightttttttt 

Signing Rodgers is not a solution to anything. I hate the idea of signing Jackson but that would be an attempt at a solution. Signing Carr would have been an attempt at a long term solution. All signing Rodgers does is push the QB problem a year out in a thinly disguised attempt by Saleh to save his drive. JD did not evaluate Zach wrong. They completely failed at developing him, starting with the worst OC the Jets have ever had.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

Signing Rodgers is not a solution to anything. I hate the idea of signing Jackson but that would be an attempt at a solution. Signing Carr would have been an attempt at a long term solution. All signing Rodgers does is push the QB problem a year out in a thinly disguised attempt by Saleh to save his drive. JD did not evaluate Zach wrong. They completely failed at developing him, starting with the worst OC the Jets have ever had.

The tired old song and dance, Zach Wilson sucks because of everyone but Zach Wilson.

Respectfully this is a tired bush league take that every fan base uses to justify a draft bust they liked.

Smfh 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

The tired old song and dance, Zach Wilson sucks because of everyone but Zach Wilson.

Respectfully this is a tired bush league take that every fan base uses to justify a draft bust they liked.

Smfh 

Can’t the truth be both. Zach was not a plug and play prospect. Needed development that the organization failed to provide. Is he salvageable only time and competent coaching will tell. Zach is still under contract will root for him to progress if not it will be next man up, something fans are used to.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Yeah it's ciminis fault they haven't made the playoffs in 12 years /s

Everyone loves to shoot the messenger 

Cimini is just reporting the news, he doesn't make it up 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, freestater said:

The Jets beat seems to be the only one that antagonizing the fanbase appears to be the goal. 

It's the teams performance that depresses the fan base not the reporters

Lets be real a positive Jets beater wouldn't have much to write after the game 

Way back in the days of dial up internet, I used to post on the AOL football forums. Rich Cimini actually posted there and I sent him a message asking something to the effect of if he was a fan. He told me he was not a fan at all and that he was a reporter. His job was to report on the team and not cheer on the team. This had to be mid to early 90's when I believe he was writing for Newsday. Anyway, I think he is actually a fan of the Miami Dolphins. I think the guy will write whatever he needs to in order to get clicks. He's definitely not a "fan" nor would I want him to be. He's still a dick though.
  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Just saw where Cimini was told by an NFL exec when asking about OBJ “the Jets are acting drunk over Aaron Rodgers right now”

Some people believe anything they read. Even from unreliable sources in this deal, like Schefter and Rappoprot, who don't have any info, or drama queen exaggerators, like Cimini.  

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why can’t they bring in Rodgers AND draft a midround QB?  How does 1-2 years of Rodgers prevent the Jets from doing exactly what you describe above? lol.  

"IT...  IT JUST DOES, OK!?"

There are fans who are scared of taking chances and being good.  They'd rather wait on something that hasn't happened in 50+ years and has shown no signs of ever happening: drafting a franchise QB.  They operate in this fantasy world where drafting a QB will ensure a NYJ dynasty for the next 5+ years, yet trading a few picks for a proven, top notch commodity will destroy any chances of that.

It's what someone would call... A DISEASE.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Cimini has been a dick-head in good years and bad ones.  Common theme: dick-head.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

Some people believe anything they read. Even from unreliable sources in this deal, like Schefter and Rappoprot, who don't have any info, or drama queen exaggerators, like Cimini.  

The one thing we have to keep in mind though is the distinction between a beat writer and a columnist. One reports the news, one gives his opinions.

I haven’t read Cimini since his time at Newsday. I think he’s at espn now? What’s his role there?

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Regardless I’d like to shoot that messenger.   A paintball gun turned up and a full hopper - but I’d like the man to have a mask on to protect his eyes.  

No cup though.  

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

It's the teams performance that depresses the fan base not the reporters

Lets be real a positive Jets beater wouldn't have much to write after the game 

but there are no games in progress right now.  Not until summer.  So he was right in that the objective of many/most Jets beat guys is to antagonize fans to get more clicks.  They also know the national guys feed off them, and they enjoy his drama-queen style tasty morsels, such as acting like they are drunk.  If anything, they are acting extra cautiously and not impulsively or erratically.   

Ive been reading Cimini since the late 80's when he started at Newsday.  He was a good reporter then, occasionally snarky, but didn't make sh*t up or stretch the truth beyond recognition.  Then everything changed when he moved over to the Daily News mid 90's.  That's when the exaggerations, fabrications and shock value Cimini was spawned.   Since leaving the Daily Snot Rag, he's quieted down somewhat for ESPN, but still can't be trusted when he writes garbage like this.  

Funny thing is that Mehta was an excellent beat reporter for the Newark Star-Ledger when he started out, as well.  He was factual, reliable, informative and not antagonistic at all.  Surely someone remembers this?  Then he replaced Cimini over at the Daily News and everything changed.  Deja Vu.  All over again.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, freestater said:

Other teams mostly focus on fluff, rah rah, and feel good “what a great guy” stuff.   

The Jets beat is trying to antagonize the players too.   Lots of questions to bait controversy.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I don't believe anything that doesn't have a name to it anymore...plus the opinion makes no sense the Jets have signed Allan Lazard for 11 mil and Hardman for 6 how is that acting drunk?

16 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

What does that mean?   Are they acting drunk by trying to get Rodgers talent?   Are they acting drunk by low balling the Packers???

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, undertow said:

I don't believe anything that doesn't have a name to it anymore...plus the opinion makes no sense the Jets have signed Allan Lazard for 11 mil and Hardman for 6 how is that acting drunk?

Fair. I’m not big on “unnamed” sources either when it comes to sports reporting.

4 minutes ago, ptisme said:

What does that mean?   Are they acting drunk by trying to get Rodgers talent?   Are they acting drunk by low balling the Packers???

Last thing I want to do is defend him, but I think he’s referring to JD abandoning the course he seemed to be on for 3 years, and because of how much he wants Rodgers, is now willing to go after older vets like Campbell, OBJ and whoever in order to appease him?