Rodgers to the Jets - Support it, or Oppose it?

Do you support the Jets Possible/Pending Acquisition of Aaron Rodgers?  

260 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the Jets Possible/Pending Acquisition of Aaron Rodgers?

I support it for now. 

The Jets may need a QB2.  Given the Jets started the last two seasons with Zach Wilson a QB1, maybe starting this season with him as QB2 is not a horrible thing-meaning that we will be terrible next year and draft another QB.

The Jets should not overpay GB for a 1-2 year expensive QB rental.  We can pay the money, but not too much in draft picks.  

• Upvote 3

I was kind of against it, as they will incur a large cap hit 2 years from now.

But, with no QB, this year is just a waste year.  I don't like Jimmy G, Carr is decent and gets the team to 11-6 maybe, but they aren't a real contender.   Rodgers makes this team a real contender.

4 minutes ago, peebag said:

Zach bombing really did a number on this team.  The Jets won't recover for another 5 to 6 years, if ever.

If he had been league average last year, with an ability to further improve, this team is massively different.  An average QB wins at least 3 more games last year, makes the playoffs, and this team is primed for a serious run.

Or, Zach could be the worst QB in the league.

• Upvote 1

Rodgers was always the best fit for what Joe Douglas is building. His primary bust? Zach. Even the Becton critics have been quiet lately as he looks like he’s on a trajectory to start this season. What JD wants to do is win with this young core in place, giving him a two-three year window before prices go up. Rodgers gives them the best chance to win it all out of all the available QBs, or at least go deep in the playoffs. That happens this year, JD will have bought himself some long term stability for himself and the franchise. I like that plan. Rodgers was always my first choice. 

• Upvote 3

We all should support it.  I dont think it is going to work out but I am going to root like heck that it does.
If Joe D can get Rodgers and still figure out a way to get a franchise qb, then everybody wins.

You did always say 2023 was when we would start winning multiple super bowls!
  • Haha 1