Zach Wilson looking ?

Bronx

I hope he learned some humility, and puts his game together.  He has all the talent in the world, but until he learns to play with his head, he will struggle 

He has relied soley on his athletic ability, mostly against lesser talented players, and now he has to learn how to use that talent with intelligence against same or higher level talented players.  

Honestly, if he can keep it together mentally after last season he may actually have what it takes.

JMO

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Why do I get the feeling that Zach gets a lot of his criticism by the way he looks as opposed to strictly his play?  Do the jets QBs have to be rugged looking?  Maybe there’s some criticism because he’s a Mormon.  The point is this is all very unfounded. About the only thing anyone can say is he needed more seasoning before put into a game so he could understand the game better. He’s not the first rookie or first year qb who didn’t understand the defenses.  And milfy didn’t help out by trying to run a complicated offense that even the wrs had trouble grasping.

Folks would poke fun at him regardless of his play because it’s just too easy, but it’d be in a more affectionate “he’s a misfit but he’s our misfit” way if he was playing well. The level of play has been horrific and he deserves every ounce of criticism he’s received for that.

His pocket management was, is, and will probably continue to be his biggest issue. Nothing to do with seasoning or understanding defenses or a complex offense.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Why do I get the feeling that Zach gets a lot of his criticism by the way he looks as opposed to strictly his play?  Do the jets QBs have to be rugged looking?  Maybe there’s some criticism because he’s a Mormon.  The point is this is all very unfounded. About the only thing anyone can say is he needed more seasoning before put into a game so he could understand the game better. He’s not the first rookie or first year qb who didn’t understand the defenses.  And milfy didn’t help out by trying to run a complicated offense that even the wrs had trouble grasping.

I think he’s ugly!

• Thumb Down 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Over the top at this point, been that way for a little while. It’s over for now. Let the dude go work on himself while AR12 steers the ship the next 2 seasons and let’s hope he comes back ready to play well if that time ever comes

Nothing guarantees that Rodgers will start all games, especially with this horrendous OL. For this reason, I believe that Zach Wilson will be starting several games this year...book it!

54 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Jealously brings envy, which turns into hate , he’s a kid in a huge market , one false mistake cost him 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

The most newsworthy thing here is that someone has a Twitter named after Tony Perkis the owner of Camp Hope.  Honestly, Heavyweights is one of my favorite all time movies.

Underrated cult classic. Literally Ben Stiller plays a worse/darker version of his character in dodgeball except it's a Disney movie LOL.

He’s doing the right things to rehab his image but he’s got a long way to go. He has to show his teammate’s that’s he is going to keep his head down and work. Then if he gets an opportunity he is going to have to be decisive, accurate and tough. He can do it, and as jets fans it’s time to move on and judge him by what he does this year 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Underrated cult classic. Literally Ben Stiller plays a worse/darker version of his character in dodgeball except it's a Disney movie LOL.
Being a Disney movie is what keeps it from scoring higher with me. I could have been a lot more funnier with a few more non-Disney type jokes.

36 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Nothing guarantees that Rodgers will start all games, especially with this horrendous OL. For this reason, I believe that Zach Wilson will be starting several games this year...book it!

If zach wilson starts several games this season.. we'll have a draft pick in the top 5 next year. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Averagejetsfan1421 said:

I might be the only one in the board that still has faith in z.Wilson, and I’m going to keep that faith untill he’s a little older 

I still have some faith in him. I hope he improves & becomes a successful  NFL  qb. Hopefully, he won't take as long as geno smith. We'll see. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Copernicus said:

So unnecessary. The universe has a way of teaching people who kick others while they are down hard life lessons. Excellent work ethic, dedicated, talented, but struggling mightily with the mental part of the game. So make fun of him for that?  I do feel bad for him and I am being serious when I say if I were his parents I would be concerned for his mental health. Going from the #2 pick in the NY media market to being ridiculed by (some) fans, media, and former players? Wow, just enough already. 

Oh for God's sake. The fans, NY Media, and former players didn't make him absolutely  the worst QB in the league. That is on him. Enough of this. Becton didn't  suck balls when he played and look at the vitriol displayed to him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • More Ugh 1

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Oh for God's sake. The fans, NY Media, and former players didn't make him absolutely  the worst QB in the league. That is on him. Enough of this. Becton didn't  suck balls when he played and look at the vitriol displayed to him. 

Still not a good reason to non-stop ridicule him. There's a point at where it's completely unnecessary. That's the point he's making.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1