The Becton haters have to be at least a little bit nervous at this point, right?

20 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Come on... You know it's a contract year... From his rookie deal... If he shows up this year he is worth 150 mil contact... If not it's 25 mil... 

I also know he's getting older and having had a kid, perhaps wiser? Maybe realizing that just showing up and tossing guys around at 365+ isn't a recipe for long-term success.

And again, money is the only reason all of these guys put in the work they do is for maximum money.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

I think I speak for every jets fan. Nobody hates mekhi. Nobody wanted to see him fail. 

I know, not think, that I've seen people talk about that dude like he's not even a human being.  But I suspect a lot of those people are going to be saying they "believed in him all along" if things go as most Jets fans hope.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 5

20 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

What Jets fan wants to see Becton fail, especially with Rodgers now in the fold?

The supposed “Becton haters” have simply pointed out the obvious with the guy.

To this point, he’s proven to be a fat, thin skinned puss who can’t stay on the field.

I don’t care about him suddenly getting back into shape with the offseason activities about to kick into full swing. He did the same sh*t last year. And now it’s do or die for him. He’d have to have rocks in his skull where his brain should be to not be motivated.

Stay on the field, play at a high level and maintain a proper weight and then Jets fans won’t constantly sh*t on your face.

Simple, really.

Yeah, nobody ever talked about him like he was a piece of garbage and said the team should cut bait now.  Everyone had his back the whole time...LOL.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2
  • More Ugh 2

27 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

What Jets fan wants to see Becton fail, especially with Rodgers now in the fold?

The supposed “Becton haters” have simply pointed out the obvious with the guy.

To this point, he’s proven to be a fat, thin skinned puss who can’t stay on the field.

I don’t care about him suddenly getting back into shape with the offseason activities about to kick into full swing. He did the same sh*t last year. And now it’s do or die for him. He’d have to have rocks in his skull where his brain should be to not be motivated.

Stay on the field, play at a high level and maintain a proper weight and then Jets fans won’t constantly sh*t on your face.

Simple, really.

When facts are stated….. kool aid drinkers neg rep you.   

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

He showed up at unattainable weights , trained poorly and was hurt essentially his entire time here.  We WANT him on the field. Id love to see him in the ring of honor but don’t pretend he didn’t bring some of this on himself, injuries aside.  Why is his training clearly different this year?  

Im glad to see him training better  , if only for his long term health   

Some of us want him on the field.  Plenty of others wanted him cut or traded because he was a bust who would never pan out.

Always a good idea to give up on a player with other-worldly talent because he's young and needed a kick in the ass.

• Thumb Down 2

3 minutes ago, rldev said:

I don't think that is true at all.

People on the board get caught up in being right, but also as a supporter I'd say he really let the team down with how much he coasted the last two years. A lot of fans on this board pay attention to what happens in the offseason training programs. Two years ago he was so out of shape it was like a time bomb before he got hurt, listening to reports of how badly he was getting beaten by Carl Lawson pre achilles. Then last year he wasn't in this shape, wore a big bust t shirt, mocking his critics, then got hurt again, leading to questions if he damaged his body long term.

I hope he does well, but I think he has to have a top 5 season to get tagged, otherwise he might go right back to not caring about the game. Even if he has a career year, he really seems like the kind of guy to gain the weight back. I'm more excited about Max Mitchell, but Becton does have star potential

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Nine months ago he was 400 lbs and broke his leg getting bodied by a practice squad dude in practice. 

The HC himself openly talked about Becton working himself back into shape last offseason, and yet there STILL were people insisting that Becton showing up to OTA’s out of shape was some grand fallacy invented by the haters.

Ultimately what has doomed Becton was what I was skeptical of when we first drafted him. Can such a massive human withstand the rigors of the NFL?

What I didn’t know about, was how much of an overgrown vajayjay the guy is and how he let’s any form of criticism constantly fester under his skin.

The dude had/has Jonathan Ogden-esque potential.

But you’re clowning yourself if you think he ever reaches it.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

26 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Some of us want him on the field.  Plenty of others wanted him cut or traded because he was a bust who would never pan out.

Always a good idea to give up on a player with other-worldly talent because he's young and needed a kick in the ass.

I dont recall that….  Many of us wanted Wirfs, but i honestly dont think more than a few wanted him cut.  I want him to play 10 years for us, but wont pretend he is a great example of how to manage your career.  He is NOT.  Becton is the most responsible in this equation.  

13 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I’ll never understand why grown men talk about these guys as if they’re still 12 year olds with some sort of undying allegiance.

I was all in favor of drafting Becton. His potential was/is enormous.

But so is his appetite and his penchant for whining like a minge.

He either gets it together and stays healthy this season, or he’s gone.

No if’s, and’s or but’s about it.

I don’t have an undying allegiance to any player, but there are tons of fans that take shots at players for things that don’t have anything to do with their success or failure as a player.  It certainly goes both ways.  

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I love the kid but until he’s on the field for 6 straight games this thread is premature, 

Lets start with six straight snaps and build up to six straight quarters.

This is the cat who routinely pulled himself out of games for breathers.

What starting left tackle in the HISTORY of the game has ever done that???

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1