Max Mitchell

4 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Why, because he gave up a sack in a practice? We need to stop overreacting to every play in practice and preseason. The season is still a month away and FWIW Mitchell did play pretty well last year. 

No because he’s trash

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

No because he’s trash

So you are looking at 1 or 2 bad plays and disregarding that he played pretty well last year? I don't care who plays RT and I want the best 5 to start the season so we will see how it plays out. It may turn out that Mitchell does suck but there is still 1 month before the season starts. 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

So you are looking at 1 or 2 bad plays and disregarding that he played pretty well last year? I don't care who plays RT and I want the best 5 to start the season so we will see how it plays out. It may turn out that Mitchell does suck but there is still 1 month before the season starts. 

I hearya and those are valid points. Just a bit alarming he’s #1 on the depth chart right now IMO

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I agree that Mitchell should play if he wins the job. But saying he should get regard because of what he did last season isn’t right. Last season was last season and if he wants the job then he needs to play better.  And this doesn’t just apply to him. Lots of players need to up their games to win starting jobs.

• Upvote 1

The OT position has been incredibly mismanaged by the GM.

It's starting to sink in to most of you that Mitchel and Turner aren't any good.

You're now back to counting on a 39 year old with a bad shoulder (that still isn't ready to play) and a guy who couldn't make it through 8 plays less than a week ago.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 2

8 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

It is unacceptable that Max Mithcell is a starter on this team.  That needs to be fixed ASAP.

Should have made sure drafted 1 of the 5 blue chip OTs in first round. But we have a Dcord as OC, and he needed to bolster his top ranked D over protecting 40 HOF qb lol 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

The OT position has been incredibly mismanaged by the GM.

It's starting to sink in to most of you that Mitchel and Turner aren't any good.

You're now back to counting on a 39 year old with a bad shoulder (that still isn't ready to play) and a guy who couldn't make it through 8 plays less than a week ago.

Back to relying on our presumptive starters.  Shocking!

39 minutes ago, OilfieldJet said:

I bet we look hard at OT after the cuts, we have to. Mitchell played decently, not great, last year, but missed 6 games because of a knee and then the blood clot thing. 

AR depends on our OL. 

Getting AR killed doesn’t help anyone 

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

I agree that Mitchell should play if he wins the job. But saying he should get regard because of what he did last season isn’t right. Last season was last season and if he wants the job then he needs to play better.  And this doesn’t just apply to him. Lots of players need to up their games to win starting jobs.

Agree 100%. I want the best 5 guys to start. I just said that he was pretty good last year, not so much this year so far. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

But let's spend a good chunk of the cap on Cook to get 100 touches as a back up in the most easily replaceable position on the field rather than use the money to shore up the OT position with some veteran depth.  One or two injuries and Mitchell and Turner are the starters over Becton and Brown. 

I'm hardly banging a drum for them to pick up Cook, but when was this determined to be a binary choice?