The Aaron Rodgers Era is here - Jets vs Bills Official Game Thread

Maxman

47 minutes ago, Maxman said:

We have talked all offseason about this moment, and it is here. It is game day. Some of us will be going to the game, some will be going out to watch it, and we know others will watch at home. No matter where you will be, make sure you are loud and proud.

This is what we have been waiting for. 

A real offense to go with this defense. The Jets begin the climb today.  

Going with a classic here, there is no easy way out. That is why the Jets are going through the Buffalo Bills in this week one Victory.

Love it!

Haven’t been this excited about Jets football since 2011.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Final score

NY Jets 24 - Bills 17

Offense

Rodgers - 25/33 268 yds 2 TD/1 INT

G. Wilson 7/9 95yds 1 TD

Lazard 4/5 48 yds/1TD

TE combined 70 yds 

Rushing: 110 yds combined/ 1 rushing TD (Cook)

Defense

5 sacks combined (JJ, QW, McDonald (2), Huff) 

1 INT (Reed) 

Offensive Line

3 sacks allowed/5 penalties 

Special teams

FG: 1/2 3pts

1 Blocked FG

Can’t wait to be able to watch the first quarter and a half before passing out on the couch because starting games this close to 9pm is absolutely ******* ridiculous 
Try being an overseas fan ... 1.15 am kick off

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 4

30 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Can’t wait to be able to watch the first quarter and a half before passing out on the couch because starting games this close to 9pm is absolutely ******* ridiculous 

Yep.. my house is under construction, I have to move out for 10 days starting today. My GF doesn't have ESPN and the Charlotte Jets bar is 40 minutes from her house. Not sure what I am going to do.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

For the record there were some who wanted that crap show that is Derek carr as our QB. Wut a train wreck that game was.

The three veteran qbs we were heavily linked too…..Jimmy G, Tannehill and Carr were nowhere near the level needed. That’s why getting Rodgers was worth the wait boys. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Not a night owl at all, have to get up at 5:15AM for work, but take a shot of espresso and ride it out. One of the most anticipated Jets season of all time, I will be wide awake for the entire game and possibly post game! J E T S JETS JETS JETS!!!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

We waited a long time for this. A competent QB, one who can read defenses, make adjustments, make incredible throws, lead by example. And we got that without compromising our top 5 defense and running game. This is it. 

For the fans attending the game, please go crazy! If I wasn’t getting married and if I wasn’t on a budget, I’d be going for sure.

• Upvote 3