NY Jets vs Dallas Cowboys - Week 2 : The Official Game Thread

Maxman

Most important thing we can do is score first. Let them play from behind.its why I think we should do something totally unexpected. Start the game In the shotgun with 4 wide receivers sets. Let Zack get some complations early in game, score first, and let Dallas play catchup.

• Upvote 2

Hopefully this will be a low scoring, grind a thon ugly game (and I suspect most fans are going to be complaining about the unimaginative playcalling).. 

However, we have almost no chance in a shoot out and have to play to our strengths.  Our Oline is way above average in run blocking, and we have two of the best backs in the league.  This will be largely about them.

• Upvote 1

Hope for a win but I can see this one get ugly as reality sets in.   Allen gifted us a game last week.   He tried to do way to much.  Dak could implode but I don’t think Dak has to do to much and they won’t let him.   

Dak gets rattled with pressure and can’t see our D allowing Dallas to run all over us. Expecting a tight one, but if we get to Dak early, then I expect the Jets to win!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

As far as Zach goes today and going forward, Maxman put it best when he wrote this:

"Such a big game for Zach. He gets the Patriots game either way but an upset in Dallas would settle things down. A loss against the boys and then the pats and it isn't looking good for Zach."

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Leaves CeeDee Lamb as the only headache for the Jets defense, and they’ve shown they can put the clamps on any WR1. Offense just has to squeeze out 20 points somehow.

Lamb operates out of the slot a lot. Point being he will see less Sauce & Reed and more Carter and whoever is roaming the middle of the field.

7 hours ago, genot said:

Most important thing we can do is score first. Let them play from behind.its why I think we should do something totally unexpected. Start the game In the shotgun with 4 wide receivers sets. Let Zack get some complations early in game, score first, and let Dallas play catchup.

That's the worst possible plan for a team who's QB has a horrendous QBR against pressure, going up against a beyond-elite pass rusher. Jets have a a top flight rushing attack, and an (at least) opponent equal defense. Play to your strengths, attack opponents weaknesses. Pretty basic stuff. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

88 degrees, Dallas home game  -8.5, their QB is better than ours but otherwise we are the equal or better team.

Our OL is a bit questionable in pass pro but our DT vs their backup OG gives us the edge there.  +8.5 seems wrong....let's go out there and prove it!

Go Jets!  :)   

• Upvote 3