NY Jets vs Dallas Cowboys - Week 2 : The Official Game Thread

Maxman

2 minutes ago, Jetpain said:

This game was going to be a tough game traveling on a short week after Monday night. That said ..

I thought Zack actually showed some progress considering pressure he was under all game.  End of game, down multiple scores,  hes just forcing stuff to make a play. Game was already over at that point.

O line in particular Duane Brown wow.  I hope he can get his game together quick after his long layoff. He sucked today and coming off his blocking on Monday night leading to Rodgers injury play.  His poor play next to Laken makes the left side of line horrible and other teams D are stacking their best rushers to that side Also, never got the run game going which Zack requires.    

The penalty calls against the Jets are game changers .  Both roughing calls were bad and change the momentum of the game.  Dallas O line got free pass all game even though Huff was being held on that big third down play and other plays were just blatant no calls 

Sauce needed to make that INT.  That changes the game.  His first 2 games are a letdown from last years Sauce. 

Carry over issues from last season:   1)  we always start Zack with poor field position.  its always the 25 or worse.  Never a good starting point to gain some momentum and shorten the field  2) time of possession D is worn out by end of 3rd quarter.

Dalvin Cook .....looks slow and like he's collecting a paycheck.  if healthy, I'd like to see what Izzy's speed could add to the O

ZACH SHOWED PROGRESS ?? He had 3 or 4 good plays the entire game and with that being said Hacketts game plan was pure Trash >>>> Is Breece Hall hurt or something ?? This team better sign a QB by tomorrow

• Upvote 4

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Last year's draft?

Like I said, last year's top 10 absolutely saved his career.

Before that he was consistently amongst the worst in the league, but somehow still got weird amounts of love.  It's looking like after 5 years all he's got to hang his hat on is a 50% hit rate on high first rounders, 1 successful FA (Reed), and not a whole lot else.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

As I said before the game, most of us knew the QB was a weak link but I'd keep my eye in the rest of the team and the 'supposed' good parts of the team.

Defense was garbage and there is a clear recipe for making it look like garbage.   The D brain trust should have seen some of this coming.

Not to defend the defense, but McCarthy was playing with house money today. He knew the Jets weren’t going to score at all, and they were legitimately surprised by the Garrett Wilson catch and run.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Wilson is going to get choked out next week, but the Cowboys are S-tier right now. I do think they’ll need a new QB soon because the team is going to drown Zach in the cold tub at some point. I would wait and see if they can reel in a Cousins, even though I hate Cousins. I feel bad for the rest of the team right now. 

The defense was worse than Zach today.

They might turn on him, but they better significantly improve first. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Only because the bar was so low for him to begin with.

As I jokingly said earlier (but there’s truth to it):  He started the season as the 59th best QB and now he’s QB48.  Progress? Sure.  Is he moving the needle significantly?  No.  

Well he is improving sure, but you are right so far down even if he was way better than now he still stinks.

I don't believe they thought Zach might be ok this year after seeing him week 1. This is a tough def, no doubt, but they for sure tried to get someone and couldn't. I don't think we are signing anyone or they won't have already done it.

We took a swing at greatness with Rodger and got unlucky with injury. 

Unless there is some miracle signing we might have a top 5 pick next year

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

This offensive game plan is a  joke and I never thought I would say this but Mike McCarthy is outcoached the hell out of us.

Dan Quinn didn't have much to game plan for when your QB makes 3 good plays.

I better not here this is our guy moving forward one more ******* time ./ 

Remember when a ton of people here (and apparently Jets management) didn't want McCarthy when he wanted to be the Jets coach?  Good times. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

2 minute drill is a funny thing. Defenses will play soft to let you run some clock. Dallas had a nice lead, only bent, they didn't break. And part of that is Wilson's CV is he isn't competitive. So probably creeped in Dallas D's thought process; keep receivers in front of you but don't let them into the end zone. Dallas going for 2 so early was another example of how disrespected the Jets were. 

Dallas definitely came out believing they could ram the ball down their throats and did.  But I’m not sure if the jets make the playoffs this year with a brissett anyway.  Looking like a 7-10 team with this schedule and a top 15 pick that should land them a chance at a good qb prospect.  And with zach all but gone from the team next year and rodgers coming off a serious injury at 40, the jets will be one of those teams priming for a new qb.  

What so funny Woody screwed himself he wanted Rogers so bad that even if this team doesn't win another game JD and Saleh are back. If he fires the crew Rogers retires and Woody gets screwed with a massive cap hit. Can't fire Hackett either thats his best friend it's so Damm funny you can't make this stuff up.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

No….NO. You don’t get to recklessly trade for a SECOND high paid veteran QB to try and save the team from terrible roster management. No more mortgaging the future with abysmal results. Enough. The ship goes down and so do the bald guys. 

I can’t see them making the playoffs with a brissett.  

Just now, Green DNA said:

Remember when a ton of people here (and apparently Jets management) didn't want McCarthy when he wanted to be the Jets coach?  Good times. 

Well I still didn't want McCarthy and I still don't be he came ready today and his scripted first drive basically set the tone. What did we do ? Our offensive game plan was an utter joke and we did nothing to help with that pass rush absolutely nothing and that along with having a bad QB makes for a very long and boring day.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

The defense was worse than Zach today.

They might turn on him, but they better significantly improve first. 

Defense was on the field for 42 minutes today against a top offense with our own offense turning the ball over 4 times.  I agree they were bad, but we will lose every game this season if we only score 10 points.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Smashmouth said:

Well I still didn't want McCarthy and I still don't be he came ready today and his scripted first drive basically set the tone. What did we do ? Our offensive game plan was an utter joke and we did nothing to help with that pass rush absolutely nothing and that along with having a bad QB makes for a very long and boring day.

The plan was so obvious, they wanted to run the ball a lot.  As if any other team they play now doesn’t know this.  

3 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Well he is improving sure, but you are right so far down even if he was way better than now he still stinks.

I don't believe they thought Zach might be ok this year after seeing him week 1. This is a tough def, no doubt, but they for sure tried to get someone and couldn't. I don't think we are signing anyone or they won't have already done it.

We took a swing at greatness with Rodger and got unlucky with injury. 

Unless there is some miracle signing we might have a top 5 pick next year

It would be a slap in the face to the roster around Zach to end up with a top 5 pick.  A f**king travesty they need to avoid at all costs.  

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

ZW has no fricking clue what he’s doing

The NFL game is clearly too fast for him

It’s a moderate step up from Coastal Carolina 

Whats even more disgusting is Zach can't even play QB when he's in garbage time. Im not sure how bad he can be but Ive seen some pretty bad QB's rack up yards in garbage time and Wilson cant even do that

• Upvote 1

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

Wilson sucks. If the standard that the Jets have to play by is that the defense can’t have a bad game ever, that’s a sh*tty standard.

With ZW there’s no margin for error which is why you’re not getting much better than 9-8 ever with him.  He will not win you games, you just hope he doesn’t lose you the game.