Corey Davis Speculation Thread

Maxman

1 hour ago, Hex said:

Although it would be great for the offense if he came back, he retired, which is normally a long-term thing. I would hate for him to come back to the team only to have whatever he was dealing with get worse. I wish him the best, and only hope for him to come back if he knows what he was dealing with has been resolved. Some things are bigger than football.

But he didn't retire.

• Upvote 3

So many people wanted this man traded or released and once we actually did not have him on the roster, posters immediately wanted him back/or replaced. 

We are one injury away from having the worst receiving core in the league. I would give this man a call. Obviously family first but I would love to have this man back. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

He might have used the word retire, but I don't recall that being the wordage. 

technically, the team something to the effect that he was "stepping away from the game."  As far as I know he did not file his retirement papers. 

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

I have been thinking about Corey Davis. This team never replaced him and how amazing would it be if he came back and that is why the Jets didn't make a trade for a receiver. Wishful thinking on my part? Saw this tweet and oh my. Would be great if this was true.

I am not sure what Corey had to deal with. Hoping the best for him and his family, he is a class act.

You must know something about Cory Davis Maxman that your not telling us - come on man - spill the beans! What do you know? Its now November!

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

I have been thinking about Corey Davis. This team never replaced him and how amazing would it be if he came back and that is why the Jets didn't make a trade for a receiver. Wishful thinking on my part? Saw this tweet and oh my. Would be great if this was true.

I am not sure what Corey had to deal with. Hoping the best for him and his family, he is a class act.

Free Corey!! 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I do wonder if something happened with him and Rodgers though.  He decided to leave when Rodgers was already in house.

Seriously doubt that. Davis commended the Jets upon leaving on how much support they gave him during this decision. 

If it was a rift with Rodgers, that would not fit the narrative.

• Sympathy 1