Hackett Discussion

12 hours ago, FloridaJetsFan said:

80 yard punt return.

G.Wilson fumble recovered by LAC.

Z. Wilson fumble recovered by LAC.

Hackett's LOVE for Lizard is inexplicable.

Complete lack of run game - Hackett.

Where's the plays for Gipson and Brownlee?

Really?

Fumbles and ST breakdowns are on the OC?  Hackett LOVES Lazard?  
You do realize Brownlee didn’t dress and Gipson has a couple of 1st half catches, right?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Step 1 is bench Wilson.  We all agree there.  Hackett is a huge issue as well though.  Saleh shouldn’t give a flying **** whether Rodgers returns or not, because the way things are going he won’t be back. 

Can Saleh make the moves?  Or does he just sit there and wait to get fired?

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 1

The problem is on multiple levels, hackett not being one of them. At least not right now. A. We’re running a back up qb that was drafted number 2 over all. 2, aside from Garett and maybe Conklin, the team has almost no talent as far as pass catchers go. 3. The o line is a mess. This really couldn’t be going any worse. It’s gotten to the point where offense just run single coverage on everyone and know that if they can just cover for 2.5 seconds, Zach will not find the open guy and will get sacked. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

12 minutes ago, extmenace said:

The problem is on multiple levels, hackett not being one of them. At least not right now. A. We’re running a back up qb that was drafted number 2 over all. 2, aside from Garett and maybe Conklin, the team has almost no talent as far as pass catchers go. 3. The o line is a mess. This really couldn’t be going any worse. It’s gotten to the point where offense just run single coverage on everyone and know that if they can just cover for 2.5 seconds, Zach will not find the open guy and will get sacked. 

lol there is no open guy

Chargers stopped the run. Had what like 8 sacks? 3 Turnovers? Jets were 3-17 3rd down? 8 penalties? Everyone needs to be fired. But the fact is there is a lack of talent on the roster and the execution wasn't there. 

Jets can't win on miracles every time. 

• Upvote 3

I hated the Hackett hiring from day one but it's intent was pretty clear and there's nothing to do about that now, and the problems go very, very far beyond him.  Pretty much the only way any meaningful moves are happening before 2025 would be if Woody says screw it and decides on a full house-cleaning from top-to-bottom, with JD being the very first one to go.

However, the Rodgers deal makes that virtually impossible to make work.

• Upvote 2

Im no fan of Hackett but the one common denominator is Zach Wilson.  The fact that he is still on the team is criminal.  At this point I don’t care if there’s a house cleaning top to bottom but that better include Zach because the playoffs are a pipe Dream with him under center.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, hawk said:

Hackett is a major problem.  His game plans are horrific.  No running back is going to do anything running into a loaded box without any type of creativity.  Move a TE, Pull a guard, run a counter, run a stretch play.  He did call a pitch which was an abortion with a pussy ass pitch and stone hand catch.  

You have a make shift offensive line, move the pocket.  Run a bootleg.  Call some QB runs.  

Hackett is part of the problem.

That said, Zach Wison.  What can you really expect?

He also never game plans for the game wrecker - no chips or double teams.

I just don’t see this offense getting better this year with a lame OC, a QB whose best games are on the level of a serviceable backup and a wounded Oline. 

Jets fired an OC who was a bad play caller, made questionable personnel decisions and had a complicated scheme….. and replaced him with an OC who is a bad play caller, makes horrendous personal decisions and has a complicated dumb scheme 

• Upvote 1

This was a house of cards built on Rodgers.

Three of the worst pieces of the offense are Lazard, Cobb and Hackett. And Zach is nowhere near good enough to be coached like he’s AR. Combine that with an OLine that Breece Hall can’t get 3 yards behind? Recipe for disaster.

I wonder if JD and Saleh feel like Cobb, Lazard, Hackett were almost forced on them simply to get Rodgers and make him happy. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JetFaninPatLand said:

Install a run first conservative offense that will play to this defense? 

Id rather see a draw on 3rd and long than some of these throws that are leading to sacks. 

I was defending you with your new account. C'mon with a thread like this.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Maxman said:

I was defending you with your new account. C'mon with a thread like this.

I can’t believe I typed it, but think about it. Next week you are up against Aidan O’Connell. Don’t you want to see if he can beat your defense? I don’t care if they punt every time. I just don’t want to give him a short field from a sack or turnover. 

Herm and Hackett use to play that game all the time.