A little dose of reality regarding the coach

slimjasi

2 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

What's the record with Wilson? 

It’s a lot closer to .500.  Saleh is the guy at the top and deserves his lumps.  He’s been getting some free passes because Mac left him with a miserable team. Oh I’m sure people will say Douglas hasn’t kept the pantry full but in truth saleh has really failed to lead this team.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Saleh is now 2-11 in non Zach Wilson games. 

The notorious Boogeyman of BYU is gone. It’s time to search your feelings about this head coach. 

I assume the point woukd stand but this simply isn't true.  Off the top of my head they beat the Bengals and Bears with White and Fkacco beat the Browns 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Fair. Zach Wilson was crippling for any franchise, but now that he’s gone, it’s Saleh and Douglas that get put under the microscope. That said, the reason we field guys like Mike White and Tim Boyle at backup is because any viable mid-tier vet would spark a locker room insurrection four games into any of Zach Wilson’s three seasons, but at least with White and Boyle it took until midseason. 

Simply don't understand how in the purest of meritocracies, football, you let a nonhacker like Wilson take a torch to your team 3 seasons running. 

The braintrust has earned unemployment,  BUT 1. Woody Johnson doesn't like paying ex-GMs and coaches and 2. is bad at these hires. Does have lots of experience with that though. 

• Upvote 1

He essentally lost the LR last year and almost pull a daily double this year. He is not a HC period and it shows week in and week out by being out coached ... he should be fired but probaby won;t be because of the AR excuse,,,, same for JD... F them both. 

• Upvote 4

46 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I assume the point woukd stand but this simply isn't true.  Off the top of my head they beat the Bengals and Bears with White and Fkacco beat the Browns 

Didn't Zach get the start in the Bengals game, and White came off the bench? In which case Zach was the starter for the win?

The Jets have under Woody have a pretty clear history of hiring “players” coaches, outside of Mangini.  

It appears Woody is incapable of hiring a no nonsense type.  If Douglas survives to hire Saleh’s replacement, he needs to talk look at his old employer’s and find out how they identified leaders.  Both made out of the Box hires that were extremely successful.  The Jets need a boring, steady hand.  Mike Vrabel would be an example.  Not saying he’d shake free, but someone like him.  Preferably the offensive version of that archetype.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Saleh is now 2-11 in non Zach Wilson games. 

The notorious Boogeyman of BYU is gone. It’s time to search your feelings about this head coach. 

The best is how one of those wins was a complete miracle Joe Flacco gale against the browns.

we have the most uneducated football fan base in the league and it’s not even close 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It is deeply, deeply refreshing to watch Saleh up there having to answer questions about his own performance as a coach without being able to escape behind an array of Zach Wilson questions. 

I can’t say I find it very “refreshing” anymore - I mean, we’ve seen him in 13 post game press conferences where Zach Wilson wasn’t a thought. He’s 2-11 in those games. 

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I can’t say I find it very “refreshing” anymore - I mean, we’ve seen him in 13 post game press conferences where Zach Wilson wasn’t a thought. He’s 2-11 in those games. 

White beat the Bengals and Bears. Flacco beat the Browns twice(?). All the losses are not the same.