Zach “reluctant” to start again at QB

T0mShane

First of all, this tweet was not a quote but an opinion of Zach's mindset.

Secondly, reluctant to play does not mean refusal to play.

Reluctantly specifically implies compliance. 

It never ceases to amaze me how people twist words to mean what they want. Well it doesn't amaze me but it does make me shake my head and chuckle a little.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Or maybe he’s enjoying watching the other qbs fail so some people will conclude that it’s not Wilson’s fault. 

Again, it makes him look worse. I think many decision makers could look at the tape from week 1 to week 11 and understand that the struggles on offense were not all his fault. But enjoying watching the other QBs fail is a major no-no in football... I think there has to be a lot more to the story because if its true, he's basically submitted his retirement papers

Just now, NYs Stepchild said:

It never ceases to amaze me how people twist words to mean what they want. Well it doesn't amaze me but it does make me shake my head and chuckle a little.

Reluctance does not imply compliance

• Upvote 2

Just now, NYs Stepchild said:

So you are saying there is a chance?

35 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It’s his job to play. He has no leverage other than him being buddies with the owner. 

Wilson should have started yesterday AND the week before.  Let’s say they Win BOTH games, because even though Wilson is terrible, he’s hands down the “Best of the Worst” of that “QB” room, and the Jets are 6-6, they would Still have an outside shot at the playoffs, now that they are mathematically Eliminated they want him back out there!?!?!?

If Zach Wilson just told them to GFY, who could blame him?

The Jets should be sued by all the fans for them putting Boyle in an NFL uniform and the money they spent to watch a non NFL product.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, football guy said:

Again, it makes him look worse. I think many decision makers could look at the tape from week 1 to week 11 and understand that the struggles on offense were not all his fault. But enjoying watching the other QBs fail is a major no-no in football... I think there has to be a lot more to the story because if its true, he's basically submitted his retirement papers

The guy just turned 24 and has made about $20mm. He can probably do whatever he wants from now on. 

Just now, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Wilson should have started yesterday AND the week before.  Let’s say they Win BOTH games, because even though Wilson is terrible, he’s hands down the “Best of the Worst” of that “QB” room, and the Jets are 6-6, they would Still have an outside shot at the playoffs, now that they are mathematically Eliminated they want him back out there!?!?!?

If Zach Wilson just told them to GFY, who could blame him?

The Jets should be sued by all the fans for them putting Boyle in an NFL uniform and the money they spent to watch a non NFL product.

I can blame him. He’s paid to play football. The Jets have catered and coddled him at the expense of the team. Screw him. Go back to Utah.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Coffee Is Great said:

Nothing is going to change until the team is sold. I never thought I'd see the day where Jim Dolan is thoroughly outclassed as the worst owner in New York.

The Knicks are on Mars compared to the Jets right now - 2 playoff appearances in the last 3 years (soon to be 3 in the last 4 years) and another in 2013. That's like a dynasty compared to what the Jets have done over the last 13 years. 

• Haha 4

50 minutes ago, JagsFanJif said:

Good for him, seriously.  This is the most G moment Zach Wilson could ever pull. 

lol, Zach is such a wrong decision wrong time kid. 

while your humor here is legit. its also not a great look for Zach, but he's used to that since he's never looked great.

12 minutes ago, football guy said:

I just don't see why he would do this if his intent wasn't to play. Maybe he's being spiteful against the coaches, but seems weird that he'd flat out tell them no because of what it would mean for his NFL future

Could be a click bait headline too 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, football guy said:

Standing on the sideline with no headset yesteray was it. You defended the Jets coddling him. Living in Utah with his parents. Doing the bare minimum. It was always going to end badly. You can’t fake it in the NFL especially at QB.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Matt39 said:

Standing on the sideline with no headset yesteray was it. You defended the Jets coddling him. Living in Utah with his parents. Doing the bare minimum. It was always going to end badly. You can’t fake it in the NFL especially at QB.

Truth he checked out a while ago.  And we all saw it in his face. 

• Upvote 2

All joking aside woody needs to have some balls and fire jd, saleh and Hackett tonight
lrt ulbrect finish the season the he and everyone else is gone
tell rodgers he is more than welcome to be here next year but if he does not like this - move on
still not rock bottom though
There is no rock bottom for this franchise

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

• Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

I can blame him. He’s paid to play football. The Jets have catered and coddled him at the expense of the team. Screw him. Go back to Utah.

They have coddled him, but only to try something, anything, to make the situation work.  He is not a starting QB in the NFL, he was a busted pick, happens, happens a lot, but I’m sure he’d gladly give back his paychecks for the rest of the year just to GTFO out of the Clown Show known as the NY Jets.

He has the Worst OC in History and one of the Worst OL’s in History.  Let someone else play with them.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, football guy said:

But enjoying watching the other QBs fail is a major no-no in football...

He rooted against the team when they turned to Mike white 

He threw Elijah Moore under the bus 

He told the media he'd make the next guy's life a living hell 

Zach wilson has been a locker room cancer since day 1

People just refuse to believe it for whatever reason 

Emphasis on whatever because he has alot of fans who root for him because of the college or his background etc 

These are often not die hard Jets fans and I assume they will clear out if the team ever dumps him 

• WTF? 2
  • Post of the Week 3

As long as Jets fans keep showing up buying tickets nothing changes…. I know it’s a lot to swallow eating PSL’s tickets parking been there done that…. but isn’t going there losing every week playing terrible football with some of the worst players in the league enough to make people take action…..

57 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

WTF?!  This team just gets more and more ridiculous.  Isn't he employed by the team?  But he gets a choice?!

If I had to take a guess, he feels like the franchise moved away from him and he mentally checked out.  Now they're running back to him to start again but he feels like "why should I bother on a franchise that clearly doesn't have me in their future plans?"  Maybe he thinks he might end up getting injured behind this crappy OL and he'd rather not risk it.  Honestly, I hope he tells them no.  We're far more likely to successfully tank with Boyle or Siemian.

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

He rooted against the team when they turned to Mike white 

He threw Elijah Moore under the bus 

He told the media he'd make the next guy's life a living hell 

Zach wilson has been a locker room cancer since day 1

People just refuse to believe it for whatever reason 

Emphasis on whatever because he has alot of fans who root for him because of the college or his background etc 

These are often not die hard Jets fans and I assume they will clear out if the team ever dumps him 

His ongoing support from the front office has created way too much strife and attention. 

• Upvote 1

If the Mannings can refuse to play for organizations based on their perceptions from afar why is it wrong for a guy to not want to play for a train wreck like the Jets where he has long, first hand experience.  He has been publicly humiliated, the coach is texting with a journalist and laughing when it was suggested that ZW was the best option.  Now this is getting leaked, obviously from the same person.  It's time they all go at this point - the product they are putting on the field combined with the clown show is 100% grounds for termination.  Beg Jim Harbaugh to come coach this team.  Anything besides bringing these same jokers back for another year.  They all suck. 

• Post of the Week 3

57 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

As I think all of you know, I am far, far from a doom and gloom fan.

I also still very much believe in Joe Douglas.

That said, this situation is fire everyone involved worthy.  They have jumbled this so bad it’s hard to take any of them seriously, from Douglas, to Saleh to Hackett and beyond.

Wilson, one of the biggest draft busts of all times, is telling them to cram it.  Not a good look at all.

I agree.  This organization is a total clown show.