Rodgers - "I don't want next year to be my last year"

35 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

There are enough good OL and WR prospects in the first round with a top 10-15 grade that I am fairly confident either of those positions will be the pick, with a heavy betting favorite on OL.

I do think JD also will be aggressive in free agency for both positions, again with a priority on the OL. That doesn't necessarily mean spend it all on 1 OT, but I think might be looking to sign 2-3 players.

With all of the allocation to the defense over the years and the Rodgers-window to win it all, the team will need to and will certainly spend their resources beefing up the hogs up front and receivers.

Agree, but OL FA isn’t that great this coming offseason. Not having a 2nd rounder sure hurts. Only way I see JD getting out of the offense purgatory he created is to sell off some valuable D assets. Either straight up for Oline/WR, or get a high draft pick. Saleh won’t like it but let him do more with less. That’s his specialty. The offense is one of the worst in NFL history. Some drastic measures need to be taken to rectify if they want to field a at best average Oline, receiving corps for Aaron.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Jetsplayer21 said:

Agree, but OL FA isn’t that great this coming offseason. Not having a 2nd rounder sure hurts. Only way I see JD getting out of the offense purgatory he created is to sell off some valuable D assets. Either straight up for Oline/WR, or get a high draft pick. Saleh won’t like it but let him do more with less. That’s his specialty. The offense is one of the worst in NFL history. Some drastic measures need to be taken to rectify if they want to field a at best average Oline, receiving corps for Aaron.

• I think for OL free agency they will look at some reasonable options like Trent Brown, George Fant for tackle or Tyler Biadasz for guard.
  • I can see a scenario where we try and tag and trade Huff for a 2nd or 3rd rounder
  • I prefer they AVOID trading for Devante Adams. He's on the wrong side of the 30 and if he were a FA then sure sign him...but not giving up picks
  • They need to sign Higgins or Pittman Jr or Mike Evans (who is 30 but we aren't giving up picks by getting him)
  • Draft OL in the first
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Jdeet said:

Fact is, he counts 17 million against the cap in 2024 and 23 million in 2025. That is a bargain for a QB of his caliber. He helped the Jets a lot, with the structure of his contract. 

If he, in fact is willing to give us 2 more years, even with the injury this year, I think it was a smart move to make the trade. We didnt end up having to give a 1st round pick for him, and with the way our team is structured, he does give us the best chance to win, for the next 2 years. 

Keep the faith Jets fans. 

Nice perspective, I need something, anything….to hold on to and to believe in..so thanks for this

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

You were the most optimistic person around here this last offseason. What happened? 

95% of jet fans are in fire everyone mode.  I am telling you everyone is coming back, we are taking Joe Alt, signing tee higgins, kevin Zeitler, another free agent stud olinemen etc.  We will have the 80s jerseys as our permenant unis.  Aaron Rodgers will be healthy and slinging it around in camp.

How much more optimistic can you be?

Super Bowl talk in August jet fans!!!!!!!!!!!!  Get onboard now.  Receipts are already being taken.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, varjet said:

As we have seen, the Rodgers/Hackett offense is a unique thing that basically only Rodgers can run.   If they practice that for 6 weeks prior to the season, it is hard for another QB to come in and learn it.  

ZW was on the roster, and people thought that, at least physically, ZW could be the backup.  But he does not have the brains to step in for Aaron Rodgers.  

So, for next year, the Jets have to find a QB who can think like AR8 and run his offense, and basically hope that AR8 does not miss any time.   If AR8 misses too much time, the season is basically lost unless they can find someone close to him.  

That is one of the reasons why GB let him go. 

The Jets should be looking for an Ivy League/Stanford, etc. QB in the late rounds to develop as AR8's backup.  

Mostly agree, but it's not just about smarts so much as experience to know what he's seeing and know when to audible out because it's covered or don't because it's designed deception. In either case, knowing the blocking coming up to know enough that there'd be a free rusher coming to take his head off ffs.

If it's someone plenty experienced like Tannehill (and am just using this name as an example, not a plan, because he looked so awful in his last action), it's not going to take him any time to pick up the offense. 

But if you're limiting the search to brainiacs, I'd think you're probably looking at Dobbs, whose 15 minutes sure looks over.

2 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

Are you kidding me?  What leadership?  He must mean his being anointed the leader by the owner/GM/HC/OC. Geesh....I really hate this guy.  

He's the only guy who's ever won anything (and that ain't sayin' a lot).  At this point would you prefer being led by Woody, JD, or Saleh?  

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yup. 100% he’s already campaign to make sure we don’t pick a future QB in a good class. Insecurity is the central driver of the narcissist.

You're on a bizarre crusade to besmirch the character of best QB we've ever seen on the Jets due to concerns with narcissism. 

You did the same thing with the coach who led the team to the greatest run of prosperity you've seen in all your years cheering for the team. 

I'd like you to apologize to the board for your ill conceived complaints about Rex and ARod. 

Afterwards give yourself a 36 hour timeout and come back ready to promote positivity. 

Thank you. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's also possible that AR8 is saying "2 more years" even if he might be thinking "1 more year" because he doesn't want us to draft a QB.

Or he might actually plan on playing 2 more years.  Either is possible.

He can play just one more year if it ends in a SB victory. Then none of us would care what he does after that.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

95% of jet fans are in fire everyone mode.  I am telling you everyone is coming back, we are taking Joe Alt, signing tee higgins, kevin Zeitler, another free agent stud olinemen etc.  We will have the 80s jerseys as our permenant unis.  Aaron Rodgers will be healthy and slinging it around in camp.

How much more optimistic can you be?

Super Bowl talk in August jet fans!!!!!!!!!!!!  Get onboard now.  Receipts are already being taken.

Oh I agree no one is getting fired but everyone should be fired. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, UnknownJetFan said:

He can play just one more year if it ends in a SB victory. Then none of us would care what he does after that.

In preseason I didn't even legitimately dream that big but I would at least entertain the thought.  But right now, I think this team is far closer to cracking apart than they are to winning a SB.

2 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Well heres the difference....he was doing that when he was unhappy and demanding more say + control over Green Bay's operation.

He has that now and the headlines are no longer "I might be done. I might retire. I'm hibernating for 2 weeks." and they have been replaced with "I want to play more yearS"

Saleh and Douglas obviously went to him hat in hand.  "Aaron please say you are committed for two years.  If people think it's only one then the damage we have done to the organization will be less forgivable and we might be fired.  Whereas if we stay here you obviously own both our asses and can continue to call the shots since they went so well the first time. A win-win!"  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jdeet said:

Fact is, he counts 17 million against the cap in 2024 and 23 million in 2025. That is a bargain for a QB of his caliber. He helped the Jets a lot, with the structure of his contract. 

If he, in fact is willing to give us 2 more years, even with the injury this year, I think it was a smart move to make the trade. We didnt end up having to give a 1st round pick for him, and with the way our team is structured, he does give us the best chance to win, for the next 2 years. 

Keep the faith Jets fans. 

What about the $63mm in 2026?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Jeff Ulbrich might be too inflexible for that.

1 minute ago, Corn said:

Thank you Rogers We could now trade down and regain that 2nd round pick I hope. Offense linemen in the first round ain't looking all that much better than the second round or late first round.Take two linemen

If we are sitting at 3, 4, or 5 and can trade down to 8, 9, or 10 I think we can still get a good OL + add that 2nd rounder.

But finding a trade down partner isn’t always easy.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

If we are sitting at 3, 4, or 5 and can trade down to 8, 9, or 10 I think we can still get a good OL + add that 2nd rounder.

But finding a trade down partner isn’t always easy.

Certainly not easy finding a trade partner but three and four and quarterback still in play we just may get lucky.

• Upvote 1