Breece Hall Airport Encounter w/Moronic Jets Fan

40 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Starting a fight with a guy that sheds 300-pound freak professional athletes for a living seems like a great idea.

Probably looking to get knocked out so he can sue Breece for a year's salary

• Upvote 1

So now we’re going to have a bunch of guys in this thread who spend $200 and up on jerseys with another man’s name on the back act holier than thou about a guy asking for an autograph?

That guy was furious… I’m pretty sure Hall said something other than, “no” when asked to sign.

• WTF? 4
  • Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bicketybam said:

"Moronic Jets fan." Seems redundant.

Not even sure that was a Jets fan.  Seemed a little out of place - didn't seem to be waiting for luggage or was traveling with anyone.

Maybe a pro autograph seeker hoping to catch athletes at the airport knowing they be coming in on Monday after the SuperBowl?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

Maybe a pro autograph seeker hoping to catch athletes at the airport knowing they be coming in on Monday after the SuperBowl?

lol, that sounds about right, as this is exactly how I’d expect a “professional autograph seeker” to behave.

What a loser.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Meanwhile I can’t be the only one here who hasn’t asked for an autograph or bought clothes with a player’s name on it since I was roughly 17, no?  

i have never worn a shirt with somebody elses name on it ever! i once bought a Jamal Adams jersey from a friend who was getting it from China. back them we were having a little trade war with them so the Jersey took months to get here. when it did Adams was gone, he was traded a few weeks before i got it..lol so i thought it was stupid to wear it. but i tell you it looked real for 40 bucks.

i only asked for a autograph once. i was about 12 when the church around the corner from my house had a big hall where they were having a autograph session. i didnt have any money to get in so a bunch of us waited outside behind ropes to see if we could recognize anyone. 

this old guy comes out who i had no idea who he was. i ask him for a autograph and he came to me and signed my glove. after he left i looked down to see his name.... it was Don Larson. only autograph i ever got.

i think this thing with having someone write there name on something is stupid. even more so to get a pic with them. 

• Upvote 1

i have never worn a shirt with somebody elses name on it ever! i once bought a Jamal Adams jersey from a friend who was getting it from China. back them we were having a little trade war with them so the Jersey took months to get here. when it did Adams was gone, he was traded a few weeks before i got it..lol so i thought it was stupid to wear it. but i tell you it looked real for 40 bucks.
i only asked for a autograph once. i was about 12 when the church around the corner from my house had a big hall where they were having a autograph session. i didnt have any money to get in so a bunch of us waited outside behind ropes to see if we could recognize anyone. 
this old guy comes out who i had no idea who he was. i ask him for a autograph and he came to me and signed my glove. after he left i looked down to see his name.... it was Don Larson. only autograph i ever got.
i think this thing with having someone write there name on something is stupid. even more so to get a pic with them. 

The NYJ jerseys I have with names have all been gifts from family, only one I ever bought is an old school 88 with no name on the back. Does that count 1/2 . About 1970 my little brothers and I were outside a men’s tailor shop in Spring Valley trying to see/meet some football players inside getting fitted for suits. Only guy we saw was Don Maynard and my 9 year old brother was the only one to have enough courage (or whatever 9 year olds have) to ask him for an autograph. Bunch of dumbbells we were ended up using that football to play with and tearing it up. It’s in the bottom of a landfill right now alongside the comic book collection

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

He didn’t just randomly see Breece in an airport. He stalked him down for signed memorabilia, that he is likely selling on eBay. Probably isn’t even a Jets fan. Just heard Breece was going to be there. 

Yes, Breece has a responsibility to fans, to be as courteous, when possible, but circumstances like this, Breece isn’t obligated for nothing. 

Back in the early 90s, I saw Muhammad Ali in an airport. No one was near him. He was just sitting down. My girlfriend saw him and said, isn’t that the boxer Ali ? I said yeah. We went up to him and by that time, he was barely audible. I  just went up to him and said “You will always be the greatest.” He smiled and teared up. We all did. He didn’t need people asking for his autograph. Just for a moment, he was just being recognized and praised. 

Maybe if that fan just said something positive to Breece and left him alone, Breece would have caught up with the guy and signed an autograph. These guys are human. Breece has always been great with fans at games. He was signing autographs the entire game at Met Life yesterday. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

11 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Starting a fight with a guy that sheds 300-pound freak professional athletes for a living seems like a great idea.

You don't know. He might have started boxing in his gym and maybe he eats beets. Two sides to every story.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Jdeet said:

He didn’t just randomly see Breece in an airport. He stalked him down for signed memorabilia, that he is likely selling on eBay. Probably isn’t even a Jets fan. Just heard Breece was going to be there. 

Yes, Breece has a responsibility to fans, to be as courteous, when possible, but circumstances like this, Breece isn’t obligated for nothing. 

Back in the early 90s, I saw Muhammad Ali in an airport. No one was near him. He was just sitting down. My girlfriend saw him and said, isn’t that the boxer Ali ? I said yeah. We went up to him and by that time, he was barely audible. I  just went up to him and said “You will always be the greatest.” He smiled and teared up. We all did. He didn’t need people asking for his autograph. Just for a moment, he was just being recognized and praised. 

Maybe if that fan just said something positive to Breece and left him alone, Breece would have caught up with the guy and signed an autograph. These guys are human. Breece has always been great with fans at games. He was signing autographs the entire game at Met Life yesterday. 

it really is that simple and you are correct - this guy was most likely stalking to make a profit.

Im in disney in august waiting for someone to come off a ride and i look over and see nick mangold sitting on a bench with his kids waiting as well.  I simply walked over, thanked him for his time on the field and told him it was a pleasure watching him play.

He have me a fist bump and simply said thank you - i appreciate it. No ask for pictures, autograph etc. Simply thank you.

Getting the chance to say hi to Ali - that is fantastic. 

• Upvote 3