Mike Williams visiting Monday

21 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Smith’s base salary is only $6.5 million with the rest tied to playing time incentives.

The Jets are absolutely bringing in one of Williams, Boyd or Beckham.

Hello Brock Bowers

I don’t care for Boys and I definitely do not care for OBJ. Bring in Williams and draft someone either in the 1st or 2nd. 

• Upvote 2

Can we afford Mike Williams after signing Tyron Smith?  If so, JD will have basically patched all the major holes (admittedly with guys who are injury risks) prior to the draft.  It will be interesting to see how he handles the rest of the offseason going forward.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

FWIW, unless his market doesn’t develop, ala Tyron Smith, I don’t think it will be him.

OBJ is the name I’m hearing most as of late.

He and Rodgers wanted to play together years ago 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Everyone loves bowers. But I just don’t see it when I watch him play. Granted I’m basically alone in this opinion, So I’ll probably be wrong. lol.

Feel like Odunze is a much safer pick. Reminds me of a young Mike evans

I like Odunze. But for me we need to have WRs that do different things. Let’s say we sign Williams who is a big bodied jump ball type WR. That’s exactly what Odunze is. So it’d be nice to have a combination of guys that can do different things. GW kind of does everything great. So that helps. But who’s our quick reliable route runner? Who’s our speedster to take the top off a defense?

I don’t want the WR group to be GW and a bunch of big bodied guys.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, BP said:

I’m sure the Jets will pitch their stadium atmosphere, spectacular player introductions , t shirt rifles and great fan base to win him over. 

Do not forget the state of the art stadium, MetLife! 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, bonkertons said:

If we actually sign a decently big named WR like this, I think we might end up going defense in the 1st lol - especially now that the OL is set.  Cooper DeJean, welcome to NY.  

That would make for some fireworks here. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, KRL said:

With the Smith signing and the potential of Williams I would be looking to
trade down from #10.  Why?  Because with the injury potential at OL & WR
we need to fortify both positions.  Drop to the end of the first round, pick
up a 2nd rounder and use the first two picks on some combination of OT and WR.
Don't get caught short again

If Joe does this I will stop hating him and go back to just calling myself fat. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

That would make for some fireworks here. 

I sure as heck hope not. Were a win now team but adding WRs and having a good OL in a necessity for this team and every team really. But let’s say Rodgers plays to more years. We should t have a whole roster built just for that 2 year window. We should have building blocks in there as well. Wait silly to help whoever is our next qb 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I would also take Odunze over Bowers 

The question isn’t whether you would take Bowers over Harrison, Nabers or Odunze.

The question is whether you would take Bowers over Brian Thomas Jr. or Adonai Mitchell.

I sure as hell would, especially if the Jets land a guy like Mike Williams in the coming days.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I sure as heck hope not. Were a win now team but adding WRs and having a good OL in a necessity for this team and every team really. But let’s say Rodgers plays to more years. We should t have a whole roster built just for that 2 year window. We should have building blocks in there as well. Wait silly to help whoever is our next qb 

Agreed! More D lineman?  LOL

10 hours ago, SR24 said:

Who’s getting him a larger 2nd contract. Bryce Young or Aaron Rodgers?

Dont let him leave LeSauce. Hoping Rodgers will be available to sell him.

Having to come back from ACL injury, it will be an incentive laden deal.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Obviously it’s well documented that they wanted to play together as recently as last year.

Personally?  Gut feeling?  I still don’t know if it happens for one reason: OBJ is perfectly content with taking his time to get the most money out of negotiations and, based on that, I could see him holding out until after the draft.  The Jets probably won’t need him after that.  I think if the Jets can get Mike Williams to agree to something in the range of 8-12 million, they’ll bite and leave OBJ in the dust.  That being said, if he gets or expects an offer above that number range, I don’t think the Jets take too long to pivot to any of the other options for WR2/depth.

It’s been radio silence re: Tyler Boyd since yesterday as far as I’ve heard.  I think he’s leaning Steelers, personally.

MVS is, obviously, still there too with the Rodgers connection.

There isn’t enough Extra Strength Tylenol on the world if you put AR and OBJ in the same locker room. Plz, Plz NO.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

The question isn’t whether you would take Bowers over Harrison, Nabers or Odunze.

The question is whether you would take Bowers over Brian Thomas Jr. or Adonai Mitchell.

I sure as hell would, especially if the Jets land a guy like Mike Williams in the coming days.

I haven’t don’t enough work on Mitchell yet, but I would not take Bowers over Brian Thomas Jr. 

I’m just not a fan of taking a TE in the first round. Just think it’s scary 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

In a heartbeat

At this point you’d have to think that if rome is there at 10 that pick is a pure no brainer.  The guy would probably be top 5 in most years.  And he’s exactly what the jets need.  If you believe 4 qbs go in the top 9, along with nabers, Harrison and alt, that’s already 7 guys.  Does Chicago go wr now, or do they go defense?  Atlanta, would they trade out?  

the way the jets are proceeding with FA, you can also make the case (at least I do) that they should be looking at qbs.  It would be interesting if they can trade out and get a 2nd rounder and then somehow turn it into a qb, so that after rodgers leaves they have a prospect.   The OL is set up to help out a young qb finally and i wonder if guys like nix are in play at the end of round 1/beg round 2. 

• Upvote 1

I’m with you on Bowers.
Doubt the way he dominated in college — mainly by being a superior athlete and being left wide the frick open — is going to translate to the same kind of success in the pros.
In terms of profile and play style — he’s a bit smaller and lowers his head into contact like a RB — he looks a lot more like Aaron Hernandez than your classic TEs Gronk, Kelce, Gonzo, Gates, etc.
IDK about Odunze but MHJ or Nabers seem like slam dunks to be difference makers.
There are no slam dunks at TE.  One of the hardest positions to evaluate.
I’d rather move back a little, recoup another early pick, and grab Adonai Mitchell (later in round 1) or Ladd McConkey on day 2.
Hype trains are always concerning.  Jet fans wanted to take Fournette at 6 in the Jamal Adams / Mahomes / Watson draft.
OJ Howard was way over drafted based on him running away from dudes in a straight line.
There’s a lot more to being successful at TE in the NFL than raw athleticism.
Jace Amaro caught 100+ passes the year he was drafted and many (Francesca, for one) assumed that meant he was actually a good prospect.
Bowers is a good prospect.
I wouldn’t consider him at #10 though unless they had no other options.
Alt, Nabers, or trade back.
The hype train is out of control.  The way he is getting talked about is as if he’s already better than prime Travis Kelce…
By far the best offensive weapon on the top ranked college program... I'll take it. Nothing is a sure thing. ... But c'mon this is close as it gets.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Look I’m as happy as some of these signings as anyone.  Patch the big holes and create flexibility for the draft is always the goal.   Having said that we have to be concerned that every signing seems to  include the caveat “comes with potential age and durability issues.”  Williams would fall into that latter category as well.   Then when it’s mid-season and we are again down to our third stringers at O line and 5th stringers at WR everyone bemoans our “bad luck” including unfortunately our coach, GM, and owner.  Just seems like we’ve all seen this movie more times than the Godfather…

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

Look I’m as happy as some of these signings as anyone.  Patch the big holes and create flexibility for the draft is always the goal.   Having said that we have to be concerned that every signing seems to  include the caveat “comes with potential age and durability issues.”  Williams would fall into that latter category as well.   Then when it’s mid-season and we are again down to our third stringers at O line and 5th stringers at WR everyone bemoans our “bad luck” including unfortunately our coach, GM, and owner.  Just seems like we’ve all seen this movie more times than the Godfather…

Pretty much. I love Mike Williams, and the Smith signing was probably the only move to make. But for everything to work out you're hoping that guys that are hurt all the time are going to stop getting hurt on the notoriously crappy Metlife turf. Add in that the Jets training staff seems to be run by Leo Spaceman.. yeah we've seen this before. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SickJetFan said:

I am all for Mike Williams and Clowney - sign them both

Then go get MHJ...consolation prize being Nabers

Disagree...Trade back (yes, you need a team willing to come up and give you what you want) and acquire at least a 2nd - in a draft that is heavy w/OT & WR talent. Use 1st on OT or WR and the 2nd round pick on the other position not picked in the 1st.

The two starting OTs are over 30 on 1 yr deals.  The vet WR signed will also most likely be on a 1 yr deal.

Jets need to really start following the Baltimore model of having quality replacements behind starters who either leave via FA or age/injury/retirement..

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Disagree...Trade back (yes, you need a team willing to come up and give you what you want) and acquire at least a 2nd - in a draft that is heavy w/OT & WR talent. Use 1st on OT or WR and the 2nd round pick on the other position not picked in the 1st.

The two starting OTs are over 30 on 1 yr deals.  The vet WR signed will also most likely be on a 1 yr deal.

Jets need to really start following the Baltimore model of having quality replacements behind starters who either leave via FA or age/injury/retirement..

Yes, but when you whiff so bad on becton and wilson, you go into FA needing more premium positions.  That said, the jets will likely get either a LT or wr in round 1.  

Just now, C Mart said:

Disagree...Trade back (yes, you need a team willing to come up and give you what you want) and acquire at least a 2nd - in a draft that is heavy w/OT & WR talent. Use 1st on OT or WR and 2nd round pick on the other position not picked in the 1st.

that dream is over - they have 3 1st rounds and Breece contracts to address - all of them are going to get top dollar somewhere.

and you can keep hoping for long term stability but the chances of that and very low - short of playoffs this whole organization will get a reset next year.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Augustiniak said:

Yes, but when you whiff so bad on becton and wilson, you go into FA needing more premium positions.  That said, the jets will likely get either a LT or wr in round 1.  

Let's slow down on the whiff badly on Becton - missing 2 yrs due to knee injury crushed his development. Yes - as last season went on his play suffered. Personally, I don't think he was the same player after spraining his ankle, as well as he just wore down after not playing for two seasons...But it is what it is...

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

that dream is over - they have 3 1st rounds and Breece contracts to address - all of them are going to get top dollar somewhere.

and you can keep hoping for long term stability but the chances of that and very low - short of playoffs this whole organization will get a reset next year.

I meant more avg to above avg starters not your core players.

Plus being a 2nd rounder, Hall will be up for a new contract after yr 4...The Jets could pick up the 5th yr options on Sauce, Wilson & JJ.

11 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I’ve heard from my people inside a building that the Jets are interested in the available FA WRs, and might also look to take Odunze, Nabors or Bowers in the draft if they do not go OL instead.

My sources have 100% confirmed that the Jets will indeed draft players in the upcoming draft. #Confirmed

😆 

(This is not a shot, @Mogglez , just a joke)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, C Mart said:

I meant more avg to above avg starters not your core players.

Plus being a 2nd rounder, Hall will be up for a new contract after yr 4...The Jets could pick up the 5th yr options on Sauce, Wilson & JJ.

Face it..It is do or die here.

Not even worth arguing about tho cause neither of can be proven right or wrong until after next season.

13 hours ago, SR24 said:

WOW. Why would he play with a possible bust prospect of a QB when he could play for a team that has decent odds of going deep in the playoffs and a HOF QB. At this point in his career, he needs stats to show he's still a productive WR.  Even if Panthers offer a bit more, the smart thing for him to do would be to join this freight train.

• Upvote 1