Back-to-back-to-back-to-back

You can "win" the offseason at every other position but if your QB f--ing sucks, it doesn't mean a thing.

Sad but true:

The Jets blew a ridiculous amount of resources only to downgrade 2x in a row at QB and OC:

2017 Josh McCown (Johnny Mo) -> Sam Darnold (Jeremy Bates, Dowell Lowgains) -> Zach Wilson (LaFleur, Hackett / AR's court jester)

The one keeper was LaFleur, and the Jets couldn't wait to jettison him despite the stellar work he did with every QB not named Zach Wilson.

Total acquisition cost of Darnold and Wilson was absurd, not to mention the opportunity cost lost by not trading out or just sticking and picking (Colts took Quentin Nelson at #6 in the Darnold year).

• Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

You can "win" the offseason at every other position but if your QB f--ing sucks, it doesn't mean a thing.

Sad but true:

The Jets blew a ridiculous amount of resources only to downgrade 2x in a row at QB and OC:

2017 Josh McCown (Johnny Mo) -> Sam Darnold (Jeremy Bates, Dowell Lowgains) -> Zach Wilson (LaFleur, Hackett / AR's court jester)

The one keeper was LaFleur, and the Jets couldn't wait to jettison him despite the stellar work he did with every QB not named Zach Wilson.

Total acquisition cost of Darnold and Wilson was absurd, not to mention the opportunity cost lost by not trading out or just sticking and picking (Colts took Quentin Nelson at #6 in the Darnold year).

Can you tell me about his stellar work with other QB's not named Wilson? I'm honestly curious. Was he a QB coach before he came to the Jets? Or are you talking about turning Mike White into the dynamo that he is?

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Josh Johnson, too. Pretty much every QB not named Zach Wilson ate in MiLF's offense that year

Every other QB under LaFleur made the offense at least look Competent........Same OL....Same OC and the other QB's at least put up NFL numbers and yes including Josh Johnson in a little over 3 quarters of play put up 327 yards and 3 TD's........

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Can you tell me about his stellar work with other QB's not named Wilson? I'm honestly curious. Was he a QB coach before he came to the Jets? Or are you talking about turning Mike White into the dynamo that he is?

Between 2021 and 2022 Jets QBs not named Zach Wilson led the league in passing yards per game. Zach Wilson was dead last in passing yards per game.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Between 2021 and 2022 Jets QBs not named Zach Wilson led the league in passing yards per game. Zach Wilson was dead last in passing yards per game.

That's the true sign of a QB guru. 

Mike White saw the most action under MLF (other than Wilson) and he never eclipsed a passer rating of 75.7 overall for either season. Flacco had some good games but was that because of MLF? He put up better numbers as a Brown last year. Who else we got? A couple of quarters of Johnson?

I'm not saying MLF was bad but to say he was great with the other QB's is a little disingenuous.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

This time it's different. Joe Douglas is in charge!

Without kidding this does seem a bit more true. Williams said he didn’t even talk to Rodgers until after he signed.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, bicketybam said:

That's the true sign of a QB guru. 

Mike White saw the most action under MLF (other than Wilson) and he never eclipsed a passer rating of 75.7 overall for either season. Flacco had some good games but was that because of MLF? He put up better numbers as a Brown last year. Who else we got? A couple of quarters of Johnson?

I'm not saying MLF was bad but to say he was great with the other QB's is a little disingenuous.

I wouldn’t say MLF was “great” or some kind of “QB guru” but he was a bright young mind running the hot scheme in the NFL and when anyone other than Zach Wilson was taking snaps it looked like a real NFL offense.

Zach Wilson killed any chance he had of success here and he’s a much, much better OC than Hackett. Just my two cents.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, GreenFish said:

When you win the super bowl, you’re only champs for all of two months until the offseason champ is crowned.

Offseason champs walk around with their chest puffed out for longer.

Offseason Champs > Super Bowl Champs

^^ Gets it!

Every other QB under LaFleur made the offense at least look Competent........Same OL....Same OC and the other QB's at least put up NFL numbers and yes including Josh Johnson in a little over 3 quarters of play put up 327 yards and 3 TD's........
Oh .. you mean Zach's rookie season when he had a rookie HC, a Rookie OC right . Yes your are right Two journeymen QBs did look more comfortable than the rookie project QB that was given nothing to work with and no developmental plan beyond ... Gotta let Zach be Zach ... I agree

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1