Zach traded to Denver [merged]

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

My kingdom for a thirty second video of Woody Johnson writing a $5,000,000 check to the WalMart heirs to get rid of Zach Wilson. 

JD managed to get them to write a $5,000,000 check that basically covers Morgan Moses cap charge this year 

• Upvote 4

Basically we not only couldn't give him away... we have to pay part of his salary. (6th for a 7th thrown in as parsley) LMAO. That's JD begging so he doesn't look like a complete fool.  

He is THAT bad.

Thank you Joe Douglas. Thank you.

The market for Becton is/will be similar.

JD' 1st round busts are amongst the Jets worst.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

You had him staying a Jet for a myriad of clueless reasons. Give me a break. In your mind it was guaranteed he'd be a Jet this year. There are literally 100's of posts of you claiming that. Now shut up and eat the giant plate of crow.

That was never said. I was clear Denver was the other option because of its proximity of Utah. 

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Basically we not only couldn't give him away... we have to pay part of his salary. (6th for a 7th thrown in as parsley) LMAO. That's JD begging so he doesn't look like a complete fool.  

He is THAT bad.

Thank you Joe Douglas. Thank you.

The market for Becton is/will be similar.

JD' 1st round busts are amongst the Jets worst.

He looked terrible. Nobody trading for him could feel comfortable even making him a back up at this point. He’s a project that they cannot use this year. What’s that even worth? League said not much.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Esquire said:

If Payton turns Zach into a top 10 QB in this league it will be an indictment of the Jets organization.  Same holds true with Sam Darnold in Minnesota.  I expect both of them to do well.   

What a prediction. I can't imagine having any less trust in something else.  

2 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Ridding us of ZW is the better part...  would have been cheaper to let him walk. BUT no one wants him unless Woody and JD pay part.

I'm not sure about that. If we let him walk, cap hit would have been 11 million. Trading him cut that in half. Plus we're paying half of his 2024 base salary.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, slats said:

True story: back in 2000 I posted on a Jets message board that if the team wanted to take a flyer on a late round QB, I’d look at Tom Brady or Joe Hamilton. But I really liked Brady a lot more. Really. 

There you go. Super Joe Hamilton was great for Ga Tech.

Jets traded QB Zach Wilson and a 2024 seventh round pick to the Broncos in exchange for a 2024 sixth-round pick.

The real story here may be the phenomenally down-bad quarterback room that is being constructed in Denver. Wilson joins the likes of Jarrett Stidham and Ben DiNucci in the Mile High City, forming a trio that’s sure to instill confidence in any defense they face in a given week. Of course, the Broncos are still expected to add a quarterback of note at some point in this week’s NFL Draft, but the optics are hilarious for the time being. Wilson, who was drafted by the Jets with the No. 2 overall pick in 2021, was given ample opportunities to succeed over the last three years but consistently fell well short of the mark for being even a passable NFL quarterback. For better or worse, head coach Robert Saleh stuck by Wilson until it was just no longer reasonable to do so. He was eventually benched in favor of Tim Boyle and Trevor Siemian after going 4-7 over 11 starts, spelling what would be the eventual end of his time in New York. Boasting a line of 6293-23-25 over 34 career games, Wilson is officially a reclamation project who may not have more than a summer to prove to Sean Payton that he can contribute to an NFL franchise. According to The Athletics’ Dianna Russini, the Broncos had been eyeing a potential trade for Wilson for weeks, and they believe he still has “tons of talent and potential.” The Jets will reportedly pay close to $2.75 million of Wilson’s salary for the upcoming season.

• slats locked this topic
  • slats unlocked this topic