Who’s your most unlikable Jet of all time after Jamal Adams?

9 hours ago, Larz said:

I too wake up thinking about this 

it’s Jason Taylor obviously 

It’s funny because I hated Jason Taylor but really enjoyed watched him in green. Had a lot of huge sacks for us - sealed the week 2 win over NE, got both safeties against the Steelers

2 hours ago, Mr. Rogers said:

... is this a prevalent take on this site? Even if he channeled his inner-Bills and choked, I can't hate this guy

Biggest Piece Of sh*t to Ever don the Green and White.

Vernon Gholston is now a florist with mental health issues (Read an article about him a few years back). How can you hate him? LOL Not HIS fault the Jets picked him at 6. 
Awww sh*t.. Now I feel bad

Sent from the FOREVER AND EVER Suicide Watch desk.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Aaron Beasley or Justin McCariens.

A corner that got smoked every play or a WR that could not catch. 

I still blame McCariens for derailing what could’ve been a career launching comeback victory in Baltimore for Kellen Clemens with that drop in the end zone.

Talk about dropped passes that could’ve launched a career… berrios’s drop against the Vikings last year still bothers me… that had mike white comeback written all over it.

my answer would be Kyle Brady because he had frying pans for hands.

but personality has to be revis. Every off season it was something else with him.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Dcat said:

In any context?  Draft choice?  FA signing?

For free agents: I hate hate hate Jason Taylor and the sight of him in a Jets uni was nauseating and simply WRONG.
For draft picks:  It's Gholston.  He didn't even try.  At least Zach put out an effort.

I bet Gholston could sack Zach.  Well, maybe. Give him 17 games against Zach. 

• Haha 1

Elijah Moore and it's not even close. Obviously, this thread is another reason to bring up Zach. Hating someone for not playing well is idiotic. Hating someone for being an a$$hole, backstabbing, whiny bitch. That would be Elijah Moore. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Lots of good options mentioned so far in this thread, particularly the noodle, but I do of course feel obligated to give an honorable mention to both of the awful players involved in this particular play, given what we had deal with for the entire next year as a result of it:

Eric Smith is an outstanding very underrated answer from the vault 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

18 hours ago, Bungaman said:

This guy. He'd celebrate when passes went incomplete in his general area, due to circumstances he had nothing to do with, as if he'd caught a game winning pick six. I think he has the record for committing three consecutive 15 yard penalties in three plays.  And as a first round pick, he  should also be eligible for the worthless bust list. The scout that recommended him should still be serving hard time in Leavenworth. 

I was thinking the same thing.  The guy was consistently beat by around 5 yards on every pass targeted at him and would celebrate like the Jets just won the SB when a WR would simply drop the pass that he wasn't close to.

To make the situation even worse the Jet FO just refused to cut the MFer, because of where they drafted him, when the team would have been better off with just about any street FA playing CB.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jdeet said:

Elijah Moore and it's not even close. Obviously, this thread is another reason to bring up Zach. Hating someone for not playing well is idiotic. Hating someone for being an a$$hole, backstabbing, whiny bitch. That would be Elijah Moore. 

One was an a$$hole, backstabbing, whiny b*tch while the other was an a**hole, whiny b*tch that refused to play cuz he thought he was too good to play behind our OL to risk his ultra bright future. 

16 hours ago, OilfieldJet said:

Lou Holtz. Rich Kotite.

You can't hate Kotite simply because of the way he assembled the Jets for National Anthems "Low to the High, Low to the High".  Also, after every loss, which were what 95% of the games he coached, he would tell the world in the post game presser that "we battled".  Points for trying?

Holtz was a nut who had no business being in the Pros.  That's on the owner for hiring him.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

19 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Zach Wilson.

Not sure anyone else is on the same tier in terms of 1) being utterly unlikable with an entitled personality and zero accountability who also 2) actively, badly damaged the team during every year of his tenure.

Santino Holmes is a pretty good one I guess, but at least he was a major playmaker during 2010 which is probably the best overall year of Jets football I’ve seen.

Names like Jason Taylor and Kellen Winslow Jr barely register in the history of the Jets.

He's definitely on a tier of his own in my book. He and the organization also tried to pretend like Zach was good. As though fans weren't seeing what they were seeing. The mom trying to blame the fans for his ineptitude.

I'm not really one to be hating on people. All these other guys mentioned, I'm like ehh. Zach though. The architect of the only period of my Jets fandom where I didn't care to watch the team. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

wayne "the turnstyle" hunter

also the loiusville slugger

Almost right after the NFL comes out with an edict that there will be "no more headhunting" the Jets draft a Safety in Pryor, in the 1st Rd, that can do ONLY that. Unreal this team sometimes.  Kyle Wilson, Pryor, just totally brutal.

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Probably one remembers him as a player, but Carl Kearney was briefly a Jet at one time. Only played in preseason games, though, in 2005. Just over two months ago he was supposed to be helping his friend/girlfriend, an OR nurse, with packing/moving. He strangled her to death in her parents' house.

--

Everyone has a bad memory of Mo Wilkerson's last lousy seasons here, coasting and sucking after holding out to get paid more than the franchise tag; then later on having it get out that even years before that he was always lazy, late for team meetings, etc. Reason enough for him to make any Jets fan's unlikeable list. Off the field just pile more onto that: a few nights before this past Christmas, he was arrested for his 3rd DUI in 4 years -- wasted driving again with an open bottle of tequila and a loaded handgun (no papers, of course) in the car with him. What a scumbag. 

--

Sheldon Richarson - Wilkerson's best buddy on the team - was another scumbag in his own right. OK we were all young once & surely not proud of literally everything we did, but how many of us ever got in our Bentley with a couple buddies and reached 143 mph in a high speed police chase through the St. Louis suburbs, running red lights, while high of course, with a loaded handgun in the car, and oh yeah also a 12 year-old kid in the back seat. That was special. 

--

Zac Stacy. Charming fellow, beating up his girlfriend - the mother of their (then) 5-month old son - brutally caught on her security cameras punching her in the head and then throwing her into the TV. Also consider the statistically low odds that this was a one-time thing with her and/or other women prior to this one. Not embeddable because it's age-restricted/graphic, but here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3ksY_6vNtM&t=34s

--

Michael Vick. Animal cruelty requires no further elaboration, even from me. Dirtbag. 

--

This isn't even touching a list of non-criminal players disliked for on-field rival, spurning, or just sucking here reasons (some notable ones mentioned by others). Every team's got them, though. Still...

J!

Strangled to death? 143 mph chase with a 12 year old in the back seat?  Beating up a girlfriend?  (etc).  All horrible stuff.

But how does any of it matter though, in comparison with Aaron Rodgers?  Are you aware that his brain is filled with conspiratorial pine tar

/s

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1. Zach Wilson

2. Tim Tebow

3. Darron Lee

As much as I hated Adams before we even drafted him and as insanely overrated as he was he at least was an NFL player.  Wilson, Tebow and Lee were all jokes I was forced to watch embarrass this organization.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

!. Testeverde for getting hurt in the 1st game of the 99 season.  That was our year!

2. Rodgers for getting hurt in the 1st game of the 23 season.  We were playoff bound!

3. Zach Wilson for not getting hurt enough and making us watch him play for 3 seasons.  

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, y2k8 said:

Surprised no one mentioned Keyshawn.

Outside of 1998, the fanbase did not like him.

Absolutely a gigantic douchebag who thought he was waaaayyy better than he actually was for a long time but he did give us two very good years and we got John Abraham for him so there’s that

21 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Zach Wilson.

Not sure anyone else is on the same tier in terms of 1) being utterly unlikable with an entitled personality and zero accountability who also 2) actively, badly damaged the team during every year of his tenure.

Santino Holmes is a pretty good one I guess, but at least he was a major playmaker during 2010 which is probably the best overall year of Jets football I’ve seen.

Names like Jason Taylor and Kellen Winslow Jr barely register in the history of the Jets.

To me it’s between either Tebow or Tebow concentrate which is Zach Wilson

Tebow mercifully we only had to endure one season of that water boarding.  Even Woody realized he made a terrible mistake and got rid of him.  We had to live through three straight years Zach torture and the only reason Woody finally gave up on Zach was Aaron Rodgers was in the building and said he could survive the entire season if we just upgraded the OL

9 hours ago, Joe Jets fan said:

How has Gino Smith not been named?

guy was a smug ass hole and sucked.  

There was a time I would've thought this way.  I really like the way Geno reacted to the whole situation and completely turned his career around though.  I have a lot of respect for the guy now.

• Upvote 3