“The coaches are exhausted”- Robert Saleh

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

The full quote:

"The coaching staff is exhausted, the players are exhausted," Saleh said. "But at the same time, it's the same message. Nobody cares how you get to gameday. Nobody cares about context. They don't care if your dog died. They don't care. The expectation is that you perform, and that's the expectation in this building."

----

I don't love statements like this.  Just feels like preemptive excuse making.  

Full article:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nobody-cares-robert-saleh-reacts-to-jets-challenging-schedule/ar-AA1qObV2

Emma Stone High Quality GIF

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

This thread is a Karen.

"Karen" is one of those terms that has become sooo overused/misused on the internet that it should be retired at this point. Half of the people using it seem to have no idea what it even means (or, what it was originally intended to mean). 

Similar to "Woke" 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Discuss 

How much money does Robert Saleh get every year?  Millions of dollars.  Surgeons who are good do multiple surgeries every single day.  They make lots of money. 

With the money, comes responsibility.  

Even mentioning that the coaches are exhausted is an excuse.  I hate excuses.  So, if they lose,then Saleh already has a built-in excuse is things are not handled properly.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

It is. I don't know the exact context of it, but regardless, it is.

But message board fodder? Pretty trite. 

Some folks just have too many unforced errors when they talk.  I'm probably one of them, lol.

But clearly Saleh is one of them, based on his time here as HC.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm sure they are exhausted and I'm sure Pats coaches are too...and every team playing Thursday nights (3 games in 12 days)

There's just no need to say it to the national media.

Not the end of the world - just not a great thing you want your 4th year HC to say before week 3 of an 18 week season.

What he said is probably true and he's a meathead in front of a microphone.  

Bored Married With Children GIF

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

To play 3 games in 11 days with the first 2 on the road in SanFran and Tennessee and having 2 short weeks is absurd. The league does not care though. Money money money. Saleh didn't really say anything crazy but those that say this may be a preemptive built in excuse are probably correct. This is what he does. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Alka said:

How much money does Robert Saleh get every year?  Millions of dollars.  Surgeons who are good do multiple surgeries every single day.  They make lots of money. 

Even mentioning that the coaches are exhausted is an excuse.  I hate excuses.  So, if they lose,then Saleh already has a built-in excuse is things are not handled properly.

That’s a take sure but I really don’t think he was going the excuse route here

i have been as critical of him and his staff as others but I am giving him a break on this one

what if any was the question preceding the comments?

possibly he was simply venting or as others pointed out sending a msg to the league

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Whining like a Greenwich intern working on the Ellen Degeneres Show. 

It’s the same exact idea as Parcells comments about injuries:  “nobody cares”

you’ve been reduced to trolling on coach speak. 

how mad are you going to get if the Jets win tonight? 💀

3 minutes ago, Alka said:

Meh, the 3 games in 11 days is tough. Especially to begin a season. The ravens and KC on the other hand played their first game on Sep 5th and are playing their third game on the 22nd. They have 3 games in 17 days. They got 6 extra days. Majority of the other teams got at least 3 extra days. Not really sure it’s an excuse more so just stating the obvious that they have been working non stop with little to no rest days.

2 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Meh, the 3 games in 11 days is tough. Especially to begin a season. The ravens and KC on the other hand played their first game on Sep 5th and are playing their third game on the 22nd. They have 3 games in 17 days. They got 6 extra days. Majority of the other teams got at least 3 extra days. Not really sure it’s an excuse more so just stating the obvious that they have been working non stop with little to no rest days.

And after this game, the Jets have 10 days off in a row.  To me, I don't want to hear about it, and I don't care about their exhaustion.  Robert Saleh and his coaches have the privilege of coaching in this league for lots of money, especially Saleh.  Suck it up, and get it done.  I don't care!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

Are they running stairs also?

im sure there is some context around that statement - really don’t think he means they are tired - or at least I hope not

You think they are working 8-9 hrs a day the past 11 days?  Think again 

Just now, C Mart said:

You think they are working 8-9 hrs a day?  Think again 

Not at all

the stairs was sarcasm 

im sure they have watched more film across 3 teams in those 10 days that mentally they are shot and welcome the 3 days coming up

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I have seen serial stalkers with less obsession than this particular poster. But, I guess that's why they have keyboards. 

How dare you share unapproved Jets opinions on a Jets opinion board.

You Cant Fight In Here Dr Strangelove GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

1 hour ago, Greensleeves said:

C'mon people. They flew to San Francisco, back to New York, then to Tennessee, and now back home again in 11 days, while probably working 16 hour days. How can they NOT be tired? 

The west coast flight really didn’t help.

It’s like going to a Monday night home game. The rest of the week you drag.

But I would keep things like this in house, personally.

I didn’t watch the clip, nor the question that he answered this way, and likely won’t either.

While not playing in the games or practices, I take for granted coaches have longer days than players.

Lack of sleep and neck-up exhaustion is a real thing more than sarcastic aww poor baby snark. If I put in a 12+ hour day one after the other, like they’re likely doing this week, it’s probably a lot more lingering exhaustion than a professional athlete in peak physical condition in his 20s to early 30s going through a 3-hour practice with plenty of designed breaks and treatments to not overwork them ahead of a game and CBA-mandated days off after the games are over.

He foolishly opens himself up to ridicule (depending how it came out) with such comments, even if it’s all true — two long plane rides and night and day preparation in a tightened timeframe sounds plenty exhausting to me.

Also he said the coaches (i.e. “they”) are exhausted, as in he’s talking about other people; not “we [coaches]” are exhausted, though he surely is as well (as are NE’s). He certainly didn’t say “I’m exhausted” at least reading the text, but plenty are commenting as though he said just that.

I guess see what you want to see. The coaches are surely exhausted so whether he says it out loud or not seems pretty meaningless to me. If he and “the coaches” eff up and get out-coached by NE in week 3 everyone should be rightly unsympathetic that their supposed disadvantage was playing Monday night instead of a Sunday afternoon game in week 1. This many days later that’s more than evened-out by not having to travel for tonight’s game (quick shuttle flight as it is for NE).

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I think one day makes enough of a difference that playing on a short week is always considered a disadvantage. Obviously there's only a one game difference for the Pats (which really just speaks to Thursday games being pretty sh*tty for players) but you'd think the league would try to avoid a Thursday game the two weeks after a MNF game. Just seems like common sense for a league that is constantly pretending they care about player safety.

Tackles can deliver force on the body similar to a medium-speed car wreck. Darn right an extra day to heal up matters.

• Upvote 1