lions rebuild

43 minutes ago, frankiepapa said:

They really fell into it with Goff... what an underrated QB

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

his passes remind me of dan fouts. maybe not quite the same gun but best spiral in the game.

1 hour ago, Ghost420 said:

I got laughed at when I said Campbell was a better HC than Saleh when they were both hired.

Tbh, I think Campbell gambles too much.  Then again, he apparently had no kicker last year so he had to take some risks.  I get the feeling that Campbell relies heavily on his coordinators and that's fine as long as they stay there.  Probably he loses at least 1 after this year though.

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

the Lions rebuild has gone the way I had hoped ours would have gone and they are set up for the next 3-5 years.

Their gm really has done an amazing job 

they mixed in the perfect amount of vets with homegrown talent and hired a coach that the team would fight for.

I felt bad for Lions fans watching their star defensive stud break his leg.

I have been a jet fan for many decades but I like to see that a trash organization like the Lions can flip the switch on things  as it gives me hope that maybe one day the Jets can do the same.

PS I always wanted Glen to be one of our coaches-guy was a quality player that has a great work eithic

i remember when many of the talking heads were downplaying the hiring of dan campbell.  apparently he was too much of a yeller for their taste.  i also remember a lot of people dissing goff saying he was a garbage qb.  somehow campbell got his teams attention.  they had quite a few high draft choices over the past few years so they needed someone to bring them all together.  and maybe goff didn't need an obviously anal coach like mcvay to succeed.

][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji6]" timestamp="[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji6][emoji6]" name="docdhc" userid="[emoji6][emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]"] He has a similar problem to Saleh, he may only be as good as his OC is. When Ben Johnson gets a HC job next year they may not be able to sustain their success. 

Hopefully he’s out next coach

Sent from my iPhone using ][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]]JetNation.com mobile app

13 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

We dumped Sam in favor Zach.  That is a 5-10 year franchise killing blunder

That definitely was a huge blunder. Even if they were to dump Darnold, JD should have traded that #2 pick. 

• Post of the Week 2

Coaching in the NFL is more important than in any other sport, by a mile.

Detroit hit a grand slam with Campbell and I remember hearing that they thought Saleh interviewed horribly during that hiring cycle. The turnaround was really felt in Campbell’s first year, finishing very strong the 2nd half of the season. They’ve haven’t slowed down since.

I have never felt that this team turned it around in the 3+ years Saleh’s been here, albeit a short month of hope early in 2022.

If you have the right HC + QB you’re a perennial contender.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Detroit hit a grand slam with Campbell and I remember hearing that they thought Saleh interviewed horribly during that hiring cycle.

Likely because Saleh offered no actual X's & O's football philosophy during his interviews.  They were all just "go to bed better than you woke up, all gase no brake, be sure to drink your ovaltine" snake oil salesman garbage.

The Lions FO seems capable, meanwhile JD, CJ & Woody all fell for positive vibes only.

• Upvote 1

the Lions rebuild has gone the way I had hoped ours would have gone and they are set up for the next 3-5 years.
Their gm really has done an amazing job 
they mixed in the perfect amount of vets with homegrown talent and hired a coach that the team would fight for.
I felt bad for Lions fans watching their star defensive stud break his leg.
I have been a jet fan for many decades but I like to see that a trash organization like the Lions can flip the switch on things  as it gives me hope that maybe one day the Jets can do the same.
PS I always wanted Glen to be one of our coaches-guy was a quality player that has a great work eithic

Its coaching brah.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

if I ever got stuck in an elevator with Joe Douglas i would ask him one question and one question only: 

how could you not draft Penei Sewell?

and then he'd probably break me like a pretzel 

Was thinking about you during yesterday’s Lions game when Sewell was declared eligible and was targeted by Goff in the end zone. 

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Was thinking about you during yesterday’s Lions game when Sewell was declared eligible and was targeted by Goff in the end zone. 

I don't know how the guys running our team are so f--king dumb every year 

the dude was an alpha dog it was plain to see they took zach wilson 

sewell2.gif.4ecb338f97424a988a3f3e31bea5ea55.gif

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

I don't know how the guys running our team are so f--king dumb every year 

the dude was an alpha dog it was plain to see they took zach wilson 

sewell2.gif.4ecb338f97424a988a3f3e31bea5ea55.gif

Taking Becton over Wirfs triggered quite the rant from me draft night also. To take a project from Louisville who had to crash diet before the Combine over a stud from OL University under the best OL coach in college history. Unfathomable.

• Upvote 3