At the start of the season, did you ever think 2-6 was possible?

I was never really optimistic  that those would be a playoff team this season, but I never thought after 8 games, we would be at this point and lose to one of the worst teams in the NFL. I thought 4-4 at worst. 

This team always seems to go beyond negative expectations. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, More Cowbell said:

I was never really optimistic  that those would be a playoff team this season, but I never thought after 8 games, we would be at this point and lose to one of the worst teams in the NFL. I thought 4-4 at worst. 

You mean 2-6 and no, nobody thought that was possible. 

• More Cowbell changed the title to At the start of the season, did you ever think 2-6 was possible?
46 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Nope.  My prediction was 11-12 wins. Shows you my level of intelligence I guess.

• Haha 1

Yes. Absolutely. I called the AR signing a disaster in the making two seasons ago. My exact quote was "This will end badly for the Jets".

I won $100 last season against my own Dad (no I didn't collect it) that they wouldn't make the playoffs.

I'm a miracle away from doubling that same pre-season bet this season.

Anyone not having the Jets Kool-Aid rammed down their throats saw this coming 500 miles away. 

• Upvote 3
  • En Fuego 1

Dude....his brain is fried from Ayahuasca-Hiawatha- peyote tea whatever that stuff is...he is seeing Blue Meanies and elves and jive. Faeries Wear boots and ya gotta believe me....

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/aaron-rodgers-psychedelics-ayahuasca-darkness-retreat/kppber3bismcfkhmma7jypgn?origin=serp_auto

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Yes. Absolutely. I called the AR signing a disaster in the making two seasons ago. My exact quote was "This will end badly for the Jets".
I won $100 last season against my own Dad (no I didn't collect it) that they wouldn't make the playoffs.
I'm a miracle away from doubling that same pre-season bet this season.
Anyone not having the Jets Kool-Aid rammed down their throats saw this coming 500 miles away. 

Wow you’re sooo smart.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

Did not think the season would implode much less so early.  With the Jets, I am emotionally numbed out due to the years of major let-downs, so this was no big hit to my "football feelings".  Regardless, I was not expecting what we are seeing.  By all accounts and by our own eyes and ears, the Jets had a very good defense.  Some pundits called it a "championship" quality defense.  We also saw that the Jets had some nice offensive pieces in place with Wilson and Hall.  As we reasoned, all that was needed was a decent QB to make it all work.  We didn't need the HOF version of Rodgers. Just a decent Rodgers. Right ??? All that was needed was a QB that was not Zach Wilson and the Jets would be making a playoff run.

It is surprising how awful they are.  

My baseline assumption was the D would regress slightly but the Rodgers-led O would more than make up for it.

I thought they would be a playoff team with a punchers chance of going to the SB.

Never did I imagine 2-6 happening. Not even after losing to Denver.

In hind sight, I think when Arod went down last year our hopes of being the team we thought we could be realistically ended. We all brushed the injury aside, but at that type of injury at his age and not having played a game in so long was just too much to overcome. He's now injured and immobile - not just randomly playing mid level ball. He can't use his legs to move around the pocket like he did in the first Pats game. 

2 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

In hind sight, I think when Arod went down last year our hopes of being the team we thought we could be realistically ended. We all brushed the injury aside, but at that type of injury at his age and not having played a game in so long was just too much to overcome. He's now injured and immobile - not just randomly playing mid level ball. He can't use his legs to move around the pocket like he did in the first Pats game. 

Whatever he was taking before that 1st Pats game, he needs to take it again.... He was like the Aaron Rodgers we thought we we getting, not the shell he is now..

• Upvote 1

Every time the jets have faced adversity or needed a must win in the last 10 years they’ve failed miserably, every time. Consistently embarrassed on national tv.

Who thought they were really going places this year?

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Absolutely, and I said it. Saleh showed that he was more interested in giving players time off and games off than preparing to win. We got rid of players that were solid, and we still had the same less than mediocre coaching.

1 minute ago, BP said:

Every time the jets have faced adversity or needed a must win in the last 10 years they’ve failed miserably, every time. Consistently embarrassed on national tv.

Who thought they were really going places this year?

Woody? Lmao our de facto GM and technical advisor 

18 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I absolutely thought it was possible. Its the jets

Same here although I did think we were likely to take care of business against dogs like New England and Denver…

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I thought we would be a 7 or 8 win team at best and stated it all off season. What the Jets did was pure lunacy and hopefully ends forever the idea of building a team around aged "name" veterans especially through trades. I thought we would be better at this point and then collapse spectacularly like the other Saleh seasons but did not really expect Saleh to be fired and Ulbrich (always a bad choice) to be even worse.

We were on the right track following the 2022 draft. Then we decided to take the short cut that we promised we wouldn’t. Traded for an old quarterback that the Packers couldn’t wait to get rid of. We almost escaped the Zach Wilson disaster but handing over the franchise to Rodgers was mind-bogglingly stupid.