Jets-Bills prediction thread

T0mShane

Same here.  I'm all in on a blowout victory.  Lose and we don't deserve to make the playoffs, and I'll be flipping over to the "I'd probably be OK with firing Rex now, because that was just awful" side of the equation.  We're 7-2 against the Bills under Rex, and one of those losses only happened because Sanchez threw 5 picks.  No excuses here.

Jets 28, Bills 3.

Jetsfan80, on 15 Nov 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

Same here.  I'm all in on a blowout victory.  Lose and we don't deserve to make the playoffs, and I'll be flipping over to the "I'd probably be OK with firing Rex now, because that was just awful" side of the equation.  We're 7-2 against the Bills under Rex, and one of those losses only happened because Sanchez threw 5 picks.  No excuses here.

Jets 28, Bills 3.

I don't know about that. If they went 5-1 the rest of the way, would still feel that way? The Jets have not been good coming off a bye. Hope that changes. I think Jets win, but not in a blowout. Something like 24-14

everything is coming up roses for the jets

miami is a dumpster fire

tennesse has the tie breaker on us then locker gets hurt and they suffer back to back losses

ed reed is here

steelers and ravens are 4-5 and 3-6

cleveland gets cincy and balt is at chicago, pitts gets detriot

I'm trying to fight the "same old jets fan" thing and expect bad things to happen.........but........

I'll have to check back in tomorrow lol

The Bills were 1 point favorites in Vegas last time I checked. You get 3 points for being home, so it would only be Jets -2 on a neutral field.

But this looks like a Jets blowout on paper. No Stevie, no Woods... the Bills should be forced to the ground and the Jets play the run as well as anyone. We get Holmes, Winslow and Cumberland back and that should help---but the Bills are healthier in the secondary than they were last time we played, and the loss of Kerley hurts.

It still sounds like the Jets should dominate this game. Given the spread, what does Vegas know that we don't?

Hard to see their offense scoring more than 13 unless turnovers become a problem for us. Manuel struggled against this defense last time and now has to face it without his top two receivers. I expect us to run the ball as much as possible, but I do think we'll find more success in the passing game than we did against NO due to the return of Holmes and Winslow.

Jets 24

Bills 10

I don't see how the Bills get in the end zone without a Geno turnover for a score or deep in our territory. Manuel might actually be their worst QB right now, I'd rather see Manuel than the other two they've been starting who have nothing to lose and might be willing to take more risks. Manuel on the other hand so often plays it safe and lets his passes sail 10 yards out of bounds rather than give a DB the possibility of an interception. I'm sure it will be a slow death by strangulation for the Bills in this game, we won't be storming the field scoring TDs. I'm gonna say we win 23-9.

The Bills were 1 point favorites in Vegas last time I checked. You get 3 points for being home, so it would only be Jets -2 on a neutral field.

But this looks like a Jets blowout on paper. No Stevie, no Woods... the Bills should be forced to the ground and the Jets play the run as well as anyone. We get Holmes, Winslow and Cumberland back and that should help---but the Bills are healthier in the secondary than they were last time we played, and the loss of Kerley hurts.

It still sounds like the Jets should dominate this game. Given the spread, what does Vegas know that we don't?

Geno hasn't played with Holmes for six weeks or Winslow for a month. They're an improvement in talent, obviously, but there could definitely be some timing/communication issue with them, too. The Bills being much stronger in the secondary is a factor, too.

Jets haven't played well on the road this year. They rarely respond well when the press gets behind them. Division games are always closer than talent might dictate. Manuel's hands are much bigger than Geno's. A lot of factors.

Jets sacked Manuel 8 times in our last meeting. I hope for more of the same ! Jetsetters 23 bills 16.

Manuel has gone into a check down shell, and it will be even more pronounced against the Jets front. He'll rarely hold the ball longer than 1.5 seconds, I'd guess.

Can't see how the Jets lose. The Bills are in a death spiral.

Jets: 24

Bills: 7

This will be one of those games where neither team throws for more than 100 yards (mostly because of the 30+ mph winds, and severe T-Storms, and rain forecasted during the entire game, could even see a lightning delay) on paper this type of game favors the Jets, but the Jets offense rarely gets in the end zone, and this will keep the Bills one broken running play, or Spiller screen pass from winning it.

Bills 13

Jets 12

This will be one of those games where neither team throws for more than 100 yards (mostly because of the 30+ mph winds, and severe T-Storms, and rain forecasted during the entire game, could even see a lightning delay) on paper this type of game favors the Jets, but the Jets offense rarely gets in the end zone, and this will keep the Bills one broken running play, or Spiller screen pass from winning it.

Bills 13

Jets 12

My biggest fear as well.  So many times over the years we have witnessed exactly this in a game we needed to win.

Not buying the whole play-off thing just yet as the team is just not that good. This is a must win however if we have any plans of sneaking in.

Archived