Prediction: Rex to Atlanta for HC.....which Jets follow him? [MERGED]

CanadaSteve

IF this were to happen, and I think it is a REAL possibility (given the need for a defensive restructure there AND an already built-in high octane offense), who would follow Rex? 

He already has decent CB help, but the rebuild could include FA and draft (although, they have cap issues to deal with first).  Not saying the Jets guys would be saviours, but he would want some of his players who can teach his style.  I think these would be the easiest three to get, given two are UFA's and one could be had for a pick as an RFA.

1. David Harris

2. Damon Harrison

3. Dawan Landry

IF they then went Dante Fowler or Shawn Oakman in the 1st round, then one of the safeties in the 2nd, they could be well on their way.

Prediction:

Rex will be head coach of Atlanta,

He will take Damon Harrison and Marcus Williams from the Jets.

He will sign Darrelle Revis, Chris Harris Jr and Justin Houston as FA's.

The Falcons with a potent offense and significantly improved defense will be poised to make a run.

No sour grapes here, just common sense.

atlanta has been linked to quinn already, no rex

Rex would bring in a former DL, LB, and DB to Atlanta so his players can be on-field "coaches" that can help teach his defense. He did the same thing here when he brought Marquese Douglas/Howard Green, Bart Scott, and Jim Leonhard.

Rex would bring in a former DL, LB, and DB to Atlanta so his players can be on-field "coaches" that can help teach his defense. He did the same thing here when he brought Marquese Douglas/Howard Green, Bart Scott, and Jim Leonhard.

rex is going to HBO so he can cuss about football and get paid

Prediction:

Rex will be head coach of Atlanta,

He will take Damon Harrison and Marcus Williams from the Jets.

He will sign Darrelle Revis, Chris Harris Jr and Justin Houston as FA's.

The Falcons with a potent offense and significantly improved defense will be poised to make a run.

No sour grapes here, just common sense.

you must have missed the panthers game yesterday lol

He'd definitely take Harris and in imo I'd be fine with that. 

I'd be fine with that as well.  Outside of our terrific D-line, we have a lot of work to do on the defensive side of the ball in addition to the offense, he linebacker position included. 

Oakman is returning to college, but yeah that's a possibility. Could easily see him taking those guys. Douzable too, maybe Pace if he gets let go here. Kenrick Ellis.

Believe Snacks is a RFA so the Falcons would probably have to give something up to get him, I'd take a decent pick for Snacks. Particularly if the Jets move to a 4-3.

Respect to Pace for his services throughout the years but it's about time we get rid of him. His production in 2013 was what kept him around and 2014 was the definition of drop off. We need some young blood. I'm also really liking the player Demario Davis is turning out to be. Maybe another solid player there and we are set for MLB

IF this were to happen, and I think it is a REAL possibility (given the need for a defensive restructure there AND an already built-in high octane offense), who would follow Rex? 

He already has decent CB help, but the rebuild could include FA and draft (although, they have cap issues to deal with first).  Not saying the Jets guys would be saviours, but he would want some of his players who can teach his style.  I think these would be the easiest three to get, given two are UFA's and one could be had for a pick as an RFA.

1. David Harris

2. Damon Harrison

3. Dawan Landry

IF they then went Dante Fowler or Shawn Oakman in the 1st round, then one of the safeties in the 2nd, they could be well on their way.

who cares at this point,,they might not be great fits in new def scheme anyways,,time will tell

There's going to be a mass exodus no doubt , is there any way the NFL can schedule all Falcons games on Tuesday ? That way players can play for their regular team on Sunday -monday and still be able to play for Rex for free during the week.

There's going to be a mass exodus no doubt , is there any way the NFL can schedule all Falcons games on Tuesday ? That way players can play for their regular team on Sunday -monday and still be able to play for Rex for free during the week.

I heard that every player in the NFL would take less to play for Rex.

While you would think that Atlanta would be a fit as they have an offense already in place, I don't see a man like Blank going for Rex the personality. After Petrino I think he stays with a more "reserved" guy. The big mouth won't play the same down south as it does in NYC.

Now Chicago fits him to a tee. 

IF Rex was to become a head coach elsewhere, who is potentially going to follow him to his new team......what upcoming free agents of ours? what coaches?   Mo? Does Sheldon follow Rex after his rookie contract is up? Dunbar? Thurman?

Seems like that is always the trend when coaches switch teams.

Archived