Tom Brady Suspended 4 games, Pats forfeit 2016 1st rounder and 2017 4th rounder

AVM

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bill walking away from this with nothing is laughable. 

How does Sean Payton lose a year for "not knowing" about a bounty program to hurt players, but Bill doesn't lose a single game for "not knowing" about Brady and the rest of these turds cheating every week to ensure better grip on the ******* football which benefits every aspect of the offense, and ultimately helps them always win the turnover battle which has historically been an indicator of "intangible" success.

Brady should serve every one of those 4 games. In my opinion, it's not enough.

Losing the draft picks is the only part of this penalty that feels commensurate with the crime. Who ******* cares about the million dollars, they just won the SB. Any owner in the league would drop a cool million if it improved their odds of never turning the ball over and marching right to a SB win. 

Don Yee, possibly the worst Agent in football and soon to be unemployed, along with the crack legal team who told Brady not to comply with an NFL investigation

reminds me of the letter the Cavs owner wrote after Lebron took his talents to South Beach, pathetic

Lol. I was kidding, but I like Don YaYo better.

FOXBORO, MA - NOVEMBER 02:  Tom Brady #12 of the New England Patriots warms up before a game against the Denver Broncos at Gillette Stadium on November 2, 2014 in Foxboro, Massachusetts.  (Photo by Jim Rogash/Getty Images)

The NFL handed down the punishment for deflategate. Tom Brady is going to be suspended for the first four games of the year and the Patriots lose two draft picks; including their first round pick next year. The Patriots were fined one million dollars. According to Adam Schefter that is the largest fine in league history.

From Troy Vincent’s ( NFL Executive Vice President) letter to Tom Brady:

With respect to your particular involvement, the report established that there is substantial and credible evidence to conclude you were at least generally aware of the actions of the Patriots’ employees involved in the deflation of the footballs and that it was unlikely that their actions were done without your knowledge. Moreover, the report documents your failure to cooperate fully and candidly with the investigation, including by refusing to produce any relevant electronic evidence (emails, texts, etc.), despite being offered extraordinary safeguards by the investigators to protect unrelated personal information, and by providing testimony that the report concludes was not plausible and contradicted by other evidence.

Your actions as set forth in the report clearly constitute conduct detrimental to the integrity of and public confidence in the game of professional football. The integrity of the game is of paramount importance to everyone in our league, and requires unshakable commitment to fairness and compliance with the playing rules. Each player, no matter how accomplished and otherwise respected, has an obligation to comply with the rules and must be held accountable for his actions when those rules are violated and the public’s confidence in the game is called into question.

Statement from Tom Brady’s agent, Don Yee:

“The discipline is ridiculous and has no legitimate basis. In my opinion, this outcome was pre-determined; there was no fairness in the Wells investigation whatsoever. There is no evidence that Tom directed footballs be set at pressures below the allowable limits. In fact, the evidence shows Tom clearly emphasized that footballs be set at pressures within the rules. Tom also cooperated with the investigation and answered every question presented to him. The Wells Report presents significant evidence, however, that the NFL lacks standards or protocols with respect to its handling of footballs prior to games; this is not the fault of Tom or the Patriots. The report also presents significant evidence the NFL participated with the Colts in some type of pre-AFC Championship Game planning regarding the footballs.

The full version of the Wells Report is on ESPN. You can read more about Tom Brady’s suspension in our forums.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
p2IqLmRFixA

View the full article

can the arbitrator increase the number of games?

I've been thinking about this... I read something earlier today about how the NFL wants to avoid this going to arbitration, because it could open the floodgates for all rulings to go that route. Which would make a mess.

I almost wonder if Goodell gave him 4 games, with hopes it would avoid arbitration or would fall into the range the arbitrator would end up in anyway. Thus, Goodell comes away looking like the good sheriff at a time when he's no really winning any popularity points with fans. Everything about this, from teh day it was announced before the SB, has been handled like political opportunism.

Darren Rovell @darrenrovell 1m

Pats can restructure Brady's contract, turn salary into bonus, get it down to vet minimum, would save him $1.5M+ in lost $, per @Jason_OTC.

Still winning, while "losing"

Darren Rovell @darrenrovell 1m

Pats can restructure Brady's contract, turn salary into bonus, get it down to vet minimum, would save him $1.5M+ in lost $, per @Jason_OTC.

Still winning, while "losing"

If they get away with the that RG needs to go immediately.

Should have been a 7 game suspension, 1mil fine and no loss of draft picks.  7 game suspension would have put all 3 AFCE rivals with a single game against a bradyless Pats team.

Aw well whatever, Jets gotta take care of their own business first anyway.

NFL Musings and observations:

1. Of course the NFL waited till the Monday after Rookie Mini Camp to announce this news so it can carry the NFL for the week until OTAs start next week.

2. Funny how they came to a 4 games suspension.  Hmmm lets see, No way the NFL was going to have the Pats play the Colts without Brady.

3. I'll be furious but it will be expected; Brady will win appeal and only be suspended for 2 games and comes back for primetime against the cowboys.

4. Really pisses me off the Rex gets a free pass with a Bradyless Patriots.  Can't believe I'm saying this but I hope the Pats beat the snot out of them without Brady.

I honestly didnt think anything would happen.

Now that it did, I dont think its enough. He should have never been allowed to play in the Super Bowl. That's the biggest travesty in this whole situation. The guy ******* cheated, in the AFC Championship game and they allowed him to play in the Super Bowl.

I think he should have gotten more.

The best part though, is the entire organization is just a fraud now. The way they responded, the way they've handled. Scum. Bags.

Tom Brady is lying, cheating, piece of sh*t.

Ha ha at this whole post..thank god for the internet!!

Ha ha @Tom brady being a piece of sh*t.

Nope.

The Steelers and Bills are the big AFC winners.  This sucks for us.  In fact, we are Brady's first home game, the crowd will be insane.

SAR I

The crowds always insane when the Jets come to town. Tough thing will be it is gonna be a MUST WIN for the Pats.

Calling it now.

1-4 when the Jets roll into town.

But, just imagine, our NY Jets with our new coach, reworked secondary, bad azz Dline, might be in a position to BURY the Patriots playoff dreams for 2015.

How sweet would it be to beat them & put them in a 1-5 hole.

Patriots secondary is not only going to be completely revamped but they start out having to stop Big Ben & Antonio Brown.

Then they travel to Buffalo. Young inexperienced QB, vs Rex with a very good defense and a chance for Rex to finally start a game vs the Patriots where BB doesn't have a HUGE advantage at QB.

Here's the crazy thing about this game. Garrapolo might not make it out of this game without being injured.

Between the crowd noise & Rex blitzing the house when he gets a lead I can definitely see their QB taking a beating.

If Pats have to go to a 3rd QB vs Jags anything can happen.

0-5 would be beautiful.

I didn't mention the @ Cowboys (Dallas Oline vs thin Pats front 7?) and Dez vs Pats new secondary? BLOWOUT!

Can't wait to see the sports science on this stuff:

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini  21m21 minutes ago
Starting in Wk 7 against Jets, when he complained about the balls (per Wells), Brady's QBR increased each wk thru Wk 13, per @ESPNStatsInfo.

Ha ha at this whole post..thank god for the internet for some of you guys huh!!

Ha ha @Tom brady being a piece of sh*t..only on the net.

He's an absolute scumbag.  He's liar and cheater both on and off the field.  He's a smug arrogant piece of sh*t. 

This is 100% fact unless you're a homer Cheatriots fan who cant face the facts. 

I can't wait for the New England faithful to do a standing ovation for 20 minutes when Brady comes off his cross to play for those pathological cheaters, Lol, pathetic how the good people of NE have lost all moral objectivity because of a sport

I feel bad for them, to be honest.  It's not their fault.  They're some true fans out there, allbeit very few, who dont deserve this.  They're just fans and put a lot of emotion and money into watching their team and this is how they're superstar hero rewards them?  With being a liar and a cheater and making his recent Championship team now a joke and a fraud.

I feel bad for them, to be honest.  It's not their fault.  They're some true fans out there, allbeit very few, who dont deserve this.  They're just fans and put a lot of emotion and money into watching their team and this is how they're superstar hero rewards them?  With being a liar and a cheater and making his recent Championship team now a joke and a fraud.

faak them...

I want to go friggin' postal when I hear Heath Evans, Willie McGinest and Deion Branch attempt to defend Brady.  Talk about turning blind eyes to the facts and deflecting with everything within reach.  Evans had the nerve to start a diatribe on Suh instead of answering the question.   These scumbags really stick together no matter what.

I want to go friggin' postal when I hear Heath Evans, Willie McGinest and Deion Branch attempt to defend Brady.  Talk about turning blind eyes to the facts and deflecting with everything within reach.  Evans had the nerve to start a diatribe on Suh instead of answering the question.   These scumbags really stick together no matter what.

3 cheaters defending a cheater. Hey Deion Branch how come you turned into the a scrub as soon as you left the Cheatriots? 

3 fkn scrubs

Can't wait to see the sports science on this stuff:

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini  21m21 minutes ago
Starting in Wk 7 against Jets, when he complained about the balls (per Wells), Brady's QBR increased each wk thru Wk 13, per @ESPNStatsInfo.

Ummm . . . better check your facts Rich.    

It will be interesting to see what kinds of crap the media drags up now that the flood gates are open.

while NFL network was discussing it, they ran a loop of pats players catching TD passes from shady.  I am not counting on people that make a living reporting on the NFL exposing it any further

Archived