Biggest fall from grace?

AFJF

Biggest fall from grace is??  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Make your pick

25 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

I'd say OJ from the list above.

This is kind of like a year or so ago.  Saw people debating a similar type of thing on social media.  Premise was putting yourself back into the 1980s and determining what you would find to be more shocking at that time - OJ a murderer, Bruce Jenner a woman or Bill Cosby a serial rapist.  I went with Cosby.  

Yes, but who'd you marry and who'd you kill?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bitonti said:

OJ had a higher peak and maybe that makes it a bigger fall from grace but Aaron Hernandez is dead and it's not like Paterno who lived a good long life before a sad ending. I vote Hernandez. 

The average person doesn't know who Aaron Hernandez is.

it should be noted that Tiger Woods didn't really have a huge fall from grace. He has 79 career Tourney wins and 14 masters. He's rich as sh*t and his latest incident was a guy who had too many pain pills after a back surgery, not drunk or partying etc whatever.

Basically the guy got divorced from a hot woman but compared to these others he didn't fall at all. 

This I agree with.  History will look fondly on Tiger.

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

It's really not even close, OJ.

This.  He had a HOF career, was beloved and had a movie career.

He is now spending the rest of his life in prison and is reviled by essentially everyone (mind you, even those who wanted him acquitted thought he was guilty).

There is no difference between Aaron Hernandez and Rae Carruth in fall-from-grace scale.

As to Paterno, he still has a bunch of fans and apologists.  Plus, his "fall" happened at the end of his life and afterwards so it wasn't as precipitous as OJ.

Tiger Woods...his latest incident was a guy who had too many pain pills after a back surgery, not drunk or partying etc whatever.

I loathe this hypocritical viewpoint. It reeks tbqh. 

As if there is any meaningful difference between drunk driving and drugged out driving that makes one better than the other. It's the same issue, the same danger and the same lack of judgement. Stop making excuses for privileged addict cunts because they abuse proscriptions instead of alcohol ffs.

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I loathe this hypocritical viewpoint. It reeks tbqh. 

As if there is any meaningful difference between drunk driving and drugged out driving that makes one better than the other. It's the same issue, the same danger and the same lack of judgement. Stop making excuses for privileged addict cunts because they abuse proscriptions instead of alcohol ffs.

CjubXl-XAAEjzfY.jpg

53 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Paterno aided and abetted the serial rape of children.

You don't have falls much further in sports than that.

And did so after decades of having been the media's go to exemplar of integrity. Nobody else on this list made any pretense of being a paragon of virtue like Paterno had. Despite being told numerous times about Sandusky's crimes he did nothing because he put his program first ahead of children. Paterno bragged nothing happened with his team without him knowing about it, but with his chosen successor for a time, he claimed to know nothing. But quite suddenly Paterno "retired" Sandusky at the exact time he was told yet again of Sandusky raping  a boy in the PSU showers. 

14 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Tiger washed up at 32 in a sport you can play forever.  

Tough position to take for a fanbase that largely believes Darrelle Revis belongs in the hall of fame.

Tiger still managed the 2nd most tour wins, 2nd most majors, #1 in money.  He'll be fine.

2 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Paterno with a flaming pit in hell for the winner Alex!

idk how it is even close, at least OJ could plead a crime of passion.  what is this sh*t with ******* underprivileged children???? still turns my stomach to this day.... 

5 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Ray Rice probably needs to be on that list.

No he shouldn't...  the list should consist of icons in their respective sports. That said, take that POS Aaron Hernandez off.  He and Rice were short term flashes in the pan. 

What Tiger did cant be compared to OJ or Paterno (obviously) but his fall is biggest star wise . He was Jordan / Ali level when it came to dominance in his sport and fame . He was a global icon and his fall has been slow and painful . Still will be looked at positively when it's all said and done but it's sad to see 

I truly love watching Tiger fall, he was such a dick to spectators.   The only one who can top this is Brady, when he gets dumped by Giselle and exposed for all the cheating on and off the field it will be Xmas and St. Patrick's day all wrapped up into one.

image.php?encI=X55g%3ADDiii.%2FWBs.JvVDJ

Brady's fall will be epic!!!!

Paterno because of how utterly worshipped he was there.  Surprised Pete Rose got no votes but i guess it's because gambling doesn't compare well to murder even though he was at the pinnacle of the game for so long and then became persona non grata.  I would add Lawrence Taylor to the list also.  Similar career path to Tiger.  Top of the game for a decade, then crack and hoes, but underage ones in LTs case.  He's worthy.

44 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Paterno because of how utterly worshipped he was there.  Surprised Pete Rose got no votes but i guess it's because gambling doesn't compare well to murder even though he was at the pinnacle of the game for so long and then became persona non grata.  I would add Lawrence Taylor to the list also.  Similar career path to Tiger.  Top of the game for a decade, then crack and hoes, but underage ones in LTs case.  He's worthy.

He was on the list I saw but I didn't include him b/c I think he could still easily walk into a Giants or even any NFL event and fans would, for the most part, treat him as if nothing had ever happened.

Outside of Penn State, where it appears a lot of their fans are okay with what Sandusky did, or they just blame the victims, I'm not sure if Paterno were still alive that he'd garner anything more than disgust wherever he went.

Archived