Kerly getting suspended (confirmed)

johnnyjet

21 minutes ago, Lith said:

Manish is reporting that it is a violation of league policy.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-jeremy-kerley-expects-suspended-violating-policy-article-1.3601200?utm_content=buffer14512&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=mmehta+twitter

"Jets wide receiver Jeremy Kerley has told people that he expects to be suspended for violating league policy, the Daily News has learned."

1 week too late except for the tank crew ?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The fact that kerley is better than peake, marshall, stewart, hansen  is the concerning thing.  Other than anderson all of our prize late rounders and mid rounders can't get on the field due to medium vets like kerley and kearse.

Let's be fair, when Kerley came back here and started playing he caught almost everything. You can't sit a guy playing that well. 

This doesn't mean Kerley is a better player than any of those guys. Forte gets more time than Powell & at this point in their careers Powell is the superior player. 

51 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

if this isn't a league suspension, it has the feel of bowles blaming the loss on him.  

47 minutes ago, Lith said:

Manish is reporting that it is a violation of league policy.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-jeremy-kerley-expects-suspended-violating-policy-article-1.3601200?utm_content=buffer14512&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=mmehta+twitter

"Jets wide receiver Jeremy Kerley has told people that he expects to be suspended for violating league policy, the Daily News has learned."

PED Suspension. min 4 games if it is his first offense.

41 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

Let's be fair, when Kerley came back here and started playing he caught almost everything. You can't sit a guy playing that well. 

This doesn't mean Kerley is a better player than any of those guys. Forte gets more time than Powell & at this point in their careers Powell is the superior player. 

They felt they needed to go out and get kerley.  If the other guys were playing well enough then they would not have brought kerley in.  No argument that he has played well at receiver but he's not a difference maker.  (The fact they trotted him back out on punts though annoyed the hell out of me.)

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The fact that kerley is better than peake, marshall, stewart, hansen  is the concerning thing.  Other than anderson all of our prize late rounders and mid rounders can't get on the field due to medium vets like kerley and kearse.

I don't think that Kerley is better Beer....I think Bowles is playing guys like Kerley to give him the best chance to win so he doesn't lose his job.  How can you possibly know what Stewart and Hansen have if you don't play them in game situations?  We know what Kerley can do, and so does Bowles.  Given the concept that Bowles is playing for wins to keep his job, he is going to go with what he knows.

I blame Bowles more on the issue, since he is TRYING to win to stay employed.  Now, is that also Mac supporting this, or has Woody put in a mandate?  Who knows, but McCown shouldn't be doing anything but holding a clipboard and pulling off Mark Sanchez-esque hot dog sideline dining.

54 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

PED might explain his rebirth as a go to receiver this year with this team.  Seemed to me from what I recalled that he was playing over his head.  

Yeah, makes the most sense. Could even just be an adderall type drug to help him focus because he has been able to catch everything thrown his way. 

44 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

They felt they needed to go out and get kerley.  If the other guys were playing well enough then they would not have brought kerley in.  No argument that he has played well at receiver but he's not a difference maker.  (The fact they trotted him back out on punts though annoyed the hell out of me.)

I wish I could agree . But McGuire and Powell has played well and he continues to start Forte who doesn’t have anything in the tank left . 

Bowles just have a thing for the old guys . 

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

It's like when we use to have Kerley & complained about him as a punt returner but the Jets just threw cold water in our faces. 2 years later he's back & splat, another glass of cold water all over our faces. You can't make this sh*t up its too surreal.

2 hours ago, bgivs21 said:

read out loud the bolded to yourself.. then give it a moment to really soak in.....

21 hours ago, Randy Rasmussen said:

Sad thing is if Wayne Chrebet came out of Hofstra this year, Bowles would have cut him and he would have about 60 catches for the Patriots

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Totes Magotes. Because Bowles has never given playing time to any young/inexperienced WRs who were low-round draftees or UDFAs. He never tried forcing Jalin Marshall onto the field despite his repeated butterfingers, and we all know Robbie Anderson is still rotting on the bench, just like he never saw any action in his rookie season.

Also it's totally believable and likely that Todd Bowles is overruling his OCs as to which WRs to play and which to bench.

1 hour ago, jetgreen13 said:

read out loud the bolded to yourself.. then give it a moment to really soak in.....

That's kind of the point I was trying to make - it's a coaching problem. Nothing infuriates me more than to see Forte given a carry. He's still serviceable in the passing game but so are Powell & Mcgwire. 

Bowels is a very frustrating coach when it comes to these decisions. Powell & McGwire need to be given more time much like Stewart & Hansen. 

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Totes Magotes. Because Bowles has never given playing time to any young/inexperienced WRs who were low-round draftees or UDFAs.

Also it's totally believable and likely that Todd Bowles is overruling his OCs as to which WRs to play and which to bench.

which makes it all the more fitting when kerley muffed the punt.  bowles' entire coaching premise is, let the vets do the work in crunch time, they won't screw up.  

58 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Well hopefully that means more young guys. It also looks like Chad Hansen has jump Ardarius Stewart on the depth chart which is interesting.

Bowles is speed-dialing Terrell Owens and Chad Johnson as I type this.

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

Well hopefully that means more young guys. It also looks like Chad Hansen has jump Ardarius Stewart on the depth chart which is interesting.

Where do you see that? Says Hansen is behind Stewart on the website. Not that it really means much.

On 10/31/2017 at 11:32 AM, LIJetsFan said:

PED might explain his rebirth as a go to receiver this year with this team.  Seemed to me from what I recalled that he was playing over his head.  

Didn't I read something somewhere that you get immunity from suspension if the PED you're taking still leaves you smaller and slower than most other players at the position?

Archived