Jump to content
joewilly12

FREE AGENT NEWS

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

ASJ is reportedly in Seattle as we speak.

Good thing he's not visiting New Orleans or Manish may reprimand him.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

ASJ is reportedly in Seattle as we speak.

Letting him walk will be our biggest loss for the money IMO. I hope I'm wrong but I think ASJ is going to have a big year.

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Very true.  Look at that first round in 2014, forget the receivers, tons of Pro Bowl talent and Idzik landed on Calvin Pryor...Lol.  Complete incompetence.  So many offensive skill players and still nada on this roster.  

and if they sign cousins we're drafting another defensive player in the first round.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

ASJ is reportedly in Seattle as we speak.

why wouldn't he? We've done nothing but jerk each other off in the front office. Getting ready for riveting signee that is Levine Toilolo 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

Letting him walk will be our biggest loss for the money IMO. I hope I'm wrong but I think ASJ is going to have a big year.

You're not wrong. All the talent and clay is there.... vintage NY fans here, no patience. WHY DIDN'T HE HAVE 10000 YARDS AND 400 TDS RIGHT NOW.  

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I might be only jets fan that won’t lose any sleep if ASJ walks .. god how will we ever replace those 300 yards . 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

and if they sign cousins we're drafting another defensive player in the first round.  

Probably.  And it won’t even be an edge rusher.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

I might be only jets fan that won’t lose any sleep if ASJ walks .. god how will we ever replace those 300 yards . 

You're not alone.  He's a JAG who will get overpaid. 

Take the compensatory value (which we'll give up with other signings, but that's OK) and run. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

You're not wrong. All the talent and clay is there.... vintage NY fans here, no patience. WHY DIDN'T HE HAVE 10000 YARDS AND 400 TDS RIGHT NOW.  

Yeah I don't get it. Give him 6-7 a year. What's the big deal. We'll just have another hole in the offense. Sorry i'm not counting on Leggett who we've never seen and Nate Sterling. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

why wouldn't he? We've done nothing but jerk each other off in the front office. Getting ready for riveting signee that is Levine Toilolo 

Trey Burton, as a backup, had almost the same season as ASJ. I'm sure the jets want him back but no need to cave to his demands.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

ASJ is reportedly in Seattle as we speak.

I thought only agents can talk to teams.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

we tend to do well with those Kinda guys Landry and Claiborne of recent . 

Eifert would be worth the minimal risk imo . For the hype we give ASJ . Eifert put up his numbers the year before  on 20 less catches . 

I agree with all of this. Eifert’s been a personal favorite since college. The guy’s the ideal TE whenever on the field, was looking outright dominant (5 TDs in 29 receptions) before going down in 2016. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Off CBSsports.com live FA feed:

Quote

Take this for what it's worth, but Crossing Broad's Kevin Kinkhead reported this week that Tavon Austin has drawn interest from the Texans, Steelers, Ravens and Jets. Could be a low-risk, prove-it market for the former first-rounder.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

I might be only jets fan that won’t lose any sleep if ASJ walks .. god how will we ever replace those 300 yards . 

That feels a lot like McCown had better stats than Cousins so why bother. He was more important to this team than his stats indicated IMO. We'll replace that 300 yards but Seattle will get a 25 year old TE on the rise. I hope I'm dead wrong but losing him and opening another hole over that little amount of money is a mistake. Not to mention how it looks to young players who want to get a new deal from the Jets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, peebag said:

Off CBSsports.com live FA feed:

 

Honestly, I'd be fine with Austin if he was strictly depth and used as a returner mostly. But with Bowles around and knowing how this team worked last year, it scares me he'd be launched into being something like the #2 guy. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Letting him walk will be our biggest loss for the money IMO. I hope I'm wrong but I think ASJ is going to have a big year.

 

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

why wouldn't he? We've done nothing but jerk each other off in the front office. Getting ready for riveting signee that is Levine Toilolo 

Word. I’d leave if was him, too. Curious to see the Jets pinch pennies, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, peebag said:

Off CBSsports.com live FA feed:

 

I’m also into Austin as one of the smaller signings this year. I think theres a quality bit player somewhere in there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, peebag said:

Off CBSsports.com live FA feed:

 

Projecting Austin to NYJ didn't even require to mental thumb to be lifted. Watkins? Robinson? LOL when you have the Austinator. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Paradis said:

Projecting Austin to NYJ didn't even require to mental thumb to be lifted. Watkins? Robinson? LOL when you have the Austinator. 

Are they limited to one player per position? Is Austin even a WR? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Pac said:

Yeah who needs logic and optimism when you can just whine like a b-tch for months on end and celebrate if/when top FA's don't come to "our" team.

“our” team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allen Robinson, Sammy Watkins and Donte Moncrief are all only 24 years old.  Still babies in this league.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

That feels a lot like McCown had better stats than Cousins so why bother. He was more important to this team than his stats indicated IMO. We'll replace that 300 yards but Seattle will get a 25 year old TE on the rise. I hope I'm dead wrong but losing him and opening another hole over that little amount of money is a mistake. Not to mention how it looks to young players who want to get a new deal from the Jets. 

I missed the rise after ASJ faded away after his hot start .  Seattle just killed jimmy graham career for the past 3 years . I’m really not concerned about ASJ rising with Wilson. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

Allen Robinson, Sammy Watkins and Donte Moncrief are all only 24 years old.  Still babies in this league.  

I think some of our rookies are older than them (Marcus Maybe and Ardarious come to mind)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

I think some of our rookies are older than them (Marcus Maybe and Ardarious come to mind)

Yeah Maye is 25 already 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kirk Cousins, Allen Robinson, Richburg/Jensen, Tyrann Matthieu ... Those are the only names that will cause any positive waves in the fanbase. Talking about players like the pass rusher from Dallas will only make us angry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Kirk Cousins, Allen Robinson, Richburg/Jensen, Tyrann Matthieu ... Those are the only names that will cause any positive waves in the fanbase. Talking about players like the pass rusher from Dallas will only make us angry

well, actually.. pretty much everything make some folks angry  :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scoop24 said:

 You mean to tell me mediocre player like a Paul Richardson who has 1 decent year and is injury prone to fullest . Doesn’t excite you? 

LOL. Obviously you are unfamiliar with Paul Richardson.  He had an ACL a few years ago and had a rock solid year last year even though he was the 3rd target in line for Wilson.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Kirk Cousins, Allen Robinson, Richburg/Jensen, Tyrann Matthieu ... Those are the only names that will cause any positive waves in the fanbase. Talking about players like the pass rusher from Dallas will only make us angry

The reality is you don't free up 90 million in cap space to make Fringe moves. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kelly said:

well, actually.. pretty much everything make some folks angry  :unsure:

Do you have a link proving that? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dcat said:

LOL. Obviously you are unfamiliar with Paul Richardson.  He had an ACL a few years ago and had a rock solid year last year even though he was the 3rd target in line for Wilson.  

If he was great he wouldn't have been third in line. Same with Austin..I like those guys but they shouldn't be the prizes of this off-season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...