JETS TRADE UP TO THREE MAC DADDY IS A PIMP

T0mShane

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

One other scenario that could actually work...CLE trades up from 4 to 2 to get Barkley and their 1st QB.  Think about it.  If CLE takes Barkley at 1, the Giants might as well move down from 2 to 4 and take Nelson there.  Personally, I'm fine with however it plays out as long as Barkley goes 1 or 2.

Makes sense, that would be beneficial to both Giants and Browns, unless the Giants can get the Bills to wildly overpay for #2 (and assuming the Giants dont want the QB)

4 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Until proven otherwise, I’m assuming it’s Allen because Jets. Hoping I’m wrong.

If we take Allen over Rosen I might just have to  walk into my job (in an ER) and commit myself to the psych ward.

7 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Giants could easily trade down as well . To a QB needy team . 

We gave up #6 and three #2's to move up to #3.  The cost to go to #2 is going

to be even higher than that, who can pay that?

Just now, KRL said:

We gave up #6 and three #2's to move up to #3.  The cost to go to #2 is going

to be even higher than that, who can pay that?

The bills with 2 1st rd picks this year.  They have the ammo if they don’t mind being fleeced 

7 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

The Jets must like Darnold, Rosen, and Allen somewhat equally, right?... I don't know if I agree! Allen scares me... Maybe it's Hackenberg Syndrome but anytime I hear "project" QB now, I throw up a little.

It's way more than Hackenberg syndrome, the vast majority of college QB's with completion % under 60% don't work out in the NFL. I think Carson Palmer might be the only one in the last 20 years and he topped 60% in his senior year and was around 60% for career (but slightly under)

Allen is at 56% for comparison

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

If this is true, that's an awesome deal. Now we just have to pray somebody else takes Josh Allen and saves us from ourselves.

no kidding there.  I am deathly afraid that Allen will be the pick. Some NFL GMs can't get over his incredible arm strength and are gushing over him even though he can't complet a 10 yard out almost 50% of the time.  I'm just praying that either the Browns or Giants takes Barkley or any non QB in the first 2 picks.  

Just now, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

If the Jets pass on Darnold for Mayfield at #3 they will have undone all the good they just did.  Not saying Mayfield won't turn out to be a very good pro, possibly better than Darnold, but I see no way you can justify that choice at this time.

1 minute ago, BaumerJet said:

We  gave up too much. based on the draft chart, a first-rounder our first second-rounder and a third round next year would have been enough to equal the amount if not more

The draft chart has never applied when trading up for a QB.  Look at the Wentz and Goff trades for examples of this.  We overpaid by the 'chart' but it was perfectly reasonable by historic metrics.

1 minute ago, BaumerJet said:

We  gave up too much. based on the draft chart, a first-rounder our first second-rounder and a third round next year would have been enough to equal the amount if not more

Chart doesn’t take in to account positional value like getting a Franchise QB.  which imo makes it flawed . 

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

If the Jets pass on Darnold for Mayfield at #3 they will have undone all the good they just did.  Not saying Mayfield won't turn out to be a very good pro, possibly better than Darnold, but I see no way you can justify that choice at this time.

All of this is just celebrating over nothing. There's a whole lot that can go wrong at 1, and 3 isn't 1. Not even close.

1 minute ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

All of this is just celebrating over nothing. There's a whole lot that can go wrong at 1, and 3 isn't 1. Not even close.

Yeah, seems premature to celebrate.  Honestly I feel like at 6 there was a better shot of some other dope saving Mac from himself.

There are some indicators this is for Rosen, lets hope Mac is targeting Rosen and has a good idea he'll be there.

49 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I legitimately have to believe that if the Giants are going QB, the Jets know now.  Especially since we attempted to move up to one.  They decided to do whatever it takes to climb the board.  We were, clearly, willing to go higher than #3.  It sounds like #3 was the earliest pick available and they have good reason to believe that their guy will be there.  If it falls right, it will be for Rosen.

Mccagnan and Gettleman are two old war horse scouts..

You have to think they know each other well. You have to think / hope the two have talked in general terms..Mcc: So dave what are your plans for eli....you looking at QB at 2...IF we were to get to #3 are we in a safe spot to get our guy (he went to a S.Cal college)  

Archived