JETS TRADE UP TO THREE MAC DADDY IS A PIMP

T0mShane

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, CTM said:

It's way more than Hackenberg syndrome, the vast majority of college QB's with completion % under 60% don't work out in the NFL. I think Carson Palmer might be the only one in the last 20 years and he topped 60% in his senior year and was around 60% for career (but slightly under)

Allen is at 56% for comparison

Matt Stafford was under 60% too and he was the highest paid player in the league up until a week ago 

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Again, I don't believe that the timing is coincidental.  Had to have felt good about Rosen and Mayfield.  Were reaffirmed after the pro days.  Pulled the trigger today.

Didn't Buffalo just move up a few days ago? Far more likely this is in response to that 

1 hour ago, MDL_JET said:

I have no doubt it's Rosen if he's there. I meant if Darnold and Rosen are gone......everyone thinks Allen is next in line. Mayfield is never mentioned.

Never mentioned by whom?  For one thing, Casserly (one of Mac's mentors) has been saying everywhere that the Jets should take Mayfield.  I'm hoping that Mac learned his lesson about big-armed inaccurate guys with Hack and that the Allen stuff is a smoksecreen.

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

It's exciting they did this and troubling no one could figure out who it's for 

I still don't think Rosen is on their board, or that high on anyone's board for that matter. He's the worst athlete of the 4 with the loudest mouth. 

Allen at 3 (uber Hack) to sit behind McCown and Bridge for 4 years would be Mac's job security dream 

A part of me feels like Saquon Barkley would be BAP and Mac loves BAP. Would he move up for the RB? 

Ironically, I’ve never been more confident my philosophy is aligned with the Jets. If this is not for Rosen, I give up.

Interesting trade this early, and what I would've expected it to cost to move up to either 2 or 3.

I'd love to know IF before pulling the trigger on this deal, Macc ran a similar offer by the Giants because them trading out of 2 can still hose us if Macc wants 1 particular player.

3 is comfortable IF you can live with any of your top 3 rated QBs as it's a crapshoot anyway; but if there's only 2 you would potentially draft, picking 3 could be a problem.

8 minutes ago, Pac said:

You've been saying for months you wanted Darnold, Rosen, Allen, or Mayfield so a guarantee that's happening doesn't do anything for you?

Unless..  you don't actually think they traded up for anything but a QB do you?

I don't love losing three second round picks with the possibility of one of those players being there at 6 or that they take Allen at 3.

I'm not sh*tting on the move, I'm just skeptical and need to see where this goes before I celebrate.

I do understand it and will give a half nod to Maccagnan for having the balls to move up. But celebrating just seems way too premature.

2 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Never mentioned by whom?  For one thing, Casserly (one of Mac's mentors) has been saying everywhere that the Jets should take Mayfield.  I'm hoping that Mac learned his lesson about big-armed inaccurate guys with Hack and that the Allen stuff is a smoksecreen.

It's not a smokescreen because the jets weren't spreading these rumors.  

I can't see mccagnan taking allen, after waiting years for hackenberg to develop.  This qb needs to see the field this year.  It also sets up a very interesting dynamic between bowles and ownership, since bowles could well get canned if he keeps this rookie inactive.

Just now, HessStation said:

I don't love losing three second round picks with the possibility of one of those players being there at 6 or that they take Allen at 3.

I'm not sh*tting on the move, I'm just skeptical and need to see where this goes before I celebrate.

I do understand it and will give a half nod to Maccagnan for having the balls to move up. But celebrating just seems way too premature.

Depends on what you are celebrating. I'm celebrating the fact that they are most likely drafting a QB. 

It's probably a good move. Curious to see if the end result nets any different QB (if this now pushes Cle to go QB at #1 instead of perhaps a prior plan to wait to #4, in which case we still might end up with the 3rd-rated QB on the board). That said, I certainly can't fault trying to get the best possible QB instead of waiting to see which QB is left over at #6. There will be plenty of time for pointing out fault after he picks the worst QB available at #3, lol. Hopefully the top 4 doesn't end up being top 2 plus 2 stiffs when we look back at this; it'd be unprecedented for all 4 of them to be really good.

Sure on paper moving up to #3 should have cost less than this, but when it comes to moving up for QBs inside the top few picks the cost becomes highest bidder not chart value on paper.  We'd be far better off if he realized that 2 years ago like any casual fan, instead of wasting multiple seasons already.

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Matt Stafford was under 60% too and he was the highest paid player in the league up until a week ago 

He, like palmer was above 60% in his final year and was also extremely underwhelming pro for years despite throwing to Megatron 

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

In retrospect I would have traded Richardson for Kearse head up.  He wasn't getting re-signed.

So a nice way of thinking of this is losing 2 second rounders with next years being a late 2nd rounder.

While Macc is ultimately pulling the trigger you gotta know it's going to be whoever Bates feels is the best choice to run his O.  I trust their judgement.

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

It's absolutely a good move. Curious to see if the end result nets any different QB (if this now pushes Cle to go QB at #1 instead of perhaps a prior plan to wait to #4, in which case we still might end up with the 3rd-rated QB on the board). That said, I certainly can't fault trying to get the best possible QB instead of waiting to see which QB is left over at #6. There will be plenty of time for pointing out fault after he picks the worst QB available at #3, lol. Hopefully the top 4 doesn't end up being top 2 plus 2 stiffs when we look back at this; it'd be unprecedented for all 4 of them to be really good.

Sure on paper moving up to #3 should have cost less than this, but when it comes to moving up for QBs inside the top few picks the cost becomes highest bidder not chart value on paper.  We'd be far better off if he realized that 2 years ago like any casual fan, instead of wasting multiple seasons already.

You also have to wonder how much of this was driven by the johnsons, ironically.  

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Depends on what you are celebrating. I'm celebrating the fact that they are most likely drafting a QB. 

Agreed. But before I blow Maccagnan I want to make sure Allen doesn't go 3, Rosen doesn't go to Denver at 5 and Mayfield to Buffalo when they trade up to 6.

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

1. If it does happen and it doesn't work. he's gone anyway.

You toss this off as if what people want most is to see Maccagnan and Bowles fired. What people want most is to win a Super Bowl, and trading up for Allen and adding him to this roster would leave us even farther from that goal than we are today.

Just now, HessStation said:

Agreed. But before I blow Maccagnan I want to make sure Allen doesn't go 3, Rosen doesn't go to Denver at 5 and Mayfield to Buffalo when they trade up to 6.

If you want somebody specific, then you can't celebrate. I really don't care who they get. I know Allen has the HAckenberg comp but the fact that they are/were so separated in pre draft buzz tells me there's more to Allen than there was to Hack.

In other words, Hack was projected to go mid to late rounds if at all. Allen is projected top ten.

Just now, dbatesman said:

You toss this off as if what people want most is to see Maccagnan and Bowles fired. What people want most is to win a Super Bowl, and trading up for Allen and adding him to this roster would leave us even farther from that goal than we are today.

Really? Now why would I think that?

5 minutes ago, Pac said:

In retrospect I would have traded Richardson for Kearse head up.  He wasn't getting re-signed.

So a nice way of thinking of this is losing 2 second rounders with next years being a late 2nd rounder.

While Macc is ultimately pulling the trigger you gotta know it's going to be whoever Bates feels is the best choice to run his O.  I trust their judgement.

Fair point on picks. It's not about trusting their judgment for me as much as it's about blind squirreling it for once. If they do land the right guy, for once, I will give them all the credit in the world and be thrilled. 

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

For those who are already drunk and want to boot-and-rally, look at a Jeremiah’s response to the dude who says “what no rosen”

62BC7677-00E0-476B-8D34-05421FB0D57B.png

So someone should look at his mock drafts the past couple of yrs. he should be near perfect. 

I hope and pray that this fantastic move doesnt turn out to land us Darnold. I have a gut feeling that Darnolds small hands, not throwing at the combine, high interception rate, the weather in both NJ and Cleveland will push him down to us......and I would be PISSED.

I know there are a lot of Darnold fans on this board but I sure am not one of them. 

Archived