JETS TRADE UP TO THREE MAC DADDY IS A PIMP

T0mShane

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, C Mart said:

And I'm not sure Giants want to go too far down. Just listen to the Colts GM. He preferred not to get out of the top 10

You have to think the Jets tried to trade up to 2 and were told the Giants werent moving out of the 2nd spot.  I agree, no way the Giants want to dump out of the 2 spot to 12 & 20something

Just now, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Yikes.  

Last time we traded up this early for our guy they had to settle on Robertson because the board didn't fall the right way.  I truly hope that Rosen or Darnold are there at three because , imo, Mayfield and Allen would be there at 6!

Really? Don’t remember the details.

who were we trying to get?

33 minutes ago, CTM said:

He, like palmer was above 60% in his final year and was also extremely underwhelming pro for years despite throwing to Megatron 

Actually hes completely underrated here, I would take him in a nanosecond. What hes done after Megatrons retirement and no run game says something completely different,

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

All the experts who are saying they overpaid are looking at the charts. Except when it comes to getting a franchise QB, the charts get thrown out the window

Agreed. I can't believe there's a chart anywhere that says you'll win a Superbowl with McCown as your starter.

The chart is a guide, not a rule. If you stick slavishly to the chart, you'll never get your QB.

5 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I wouldn't bet on it, but it's at least theoretically possible that Cleveland said, "Get into position 3 and then we've got a deal. We're not dropping below Denver, though, where we risk missing out on all 4 QBs if we take Barkley #1." 

In that scenario, we'd already have a deal in place, but that seems pretty unlikely. If there was such an agreement in place already, surely we'd be reading about a 3-way trade today, not just this first move up to #3 alone.

As things stand now, we could have just changed Cleveland's strategy as I noted above, where we still end up with the 3rd QB off the board same as if we picked 6th.

I was wondering if CLE would trade back to #3 and then have back to back picks, but doubt that would happen without knowing what the then wildcard NYG would do.

I'm hoping that the reason Macc traded up to #3 is because there are any of 3 QB's that Macc felt worthy of the pick (while he may have a personal favorite if given a choice, he feels comfortable drafting any of them is what I mean).

41 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

It's not a smokescreen because the jets weren't spreading these rumors.  

I can't see mccagnan taking allen, after waiting years for hackenberg to develop.  This qb needs to see the field this year.  It also sets up a very interesting dynamic between bowles and ownership, since bowles could well get canned if he keeps this rookie inactive.

Actually in Bowles interest to play a rookie because fans will be more patient.  If they win five games with McCown, Bowles is done.

5 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

No matter who we get I think we can bet that Mac will say it was the guy we were shooting for.

Makes the Giants' pick even more valuable.  Let's see if the Bills are willing to pay the price.  My personal belief is that the Giants have intended all along to draft a QB.  How often do you pick 2nd when there are strong QBs available?

Agreed.  Nice smokescreen for Giants to look at Barkley 

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You have to think the Jets tried to trade up to 2 and were told the Giants werent moving out of the 2nd spot.  I agree, no way the Giants want to dump out of the 2 spot to 12 & 20something

I said pretty much the same earlier...but, depending on whom CLE drafts at #1, I bet the NYG would trade back a spot for some deal with the NYJ IF they don't want a particular QB on draft day.

Guess we'll see!

Oklahoma QB and top draft prospect bakermayfield is the subject of a new docu-series after cameras followed him for 3 months. And it’s gonna be epic:

Shot over three months, the 8-episode series will premiere in April 2018 on a date and time to be announced. Trailer: www.BehindBaker.com

http://behindbaker.com/press-release.php

Behind Baker (2018)
Baker Mayfield, top NFL quarterback prospect, has skyrocketed to stardom. He has drawn comparisons to perennial Pro-Bowlers like Russell Wilson and Drew Brees with his play, but Baker’s antics on and off the field have left questions about his maturity. A team of industry experts dig deep into the psyche of the quarterback beloved by his teammates and coaches in his journey to the NEXT LEVEL. Granted unprecedented access, viewers will witness all there is to see behind Baker Mayfield. The series explains the root of Baker's passion for the game, his drive to win and the razor edge he rides that has led to controversy. Over the course of the series, we learn about the man who is Baker Mayfield and how he has grown from his experiences and how those experiences prepared him to take on the NFL as a leader and champion.

Episodes with never-before-seen access will premiere in April 2018. The series will be released in the weeks surrounding the pivotal moments of the NFL Draft on April 26. “Behind Baker” catalogs Baker's mental prep and his journey to the NFL Combine, his pro days and the media frenzy surrounding his heavily debated arrogance. Baker reveals his mental drive, expectations, and who is he is in his own voice; including what he has to offer scouts, critics, NFL owners, brands, fans and foes.

What if we are targeting Darnold and Rosen and they go one and two? Do we trade down with Buffalo for a king's ransom and let them take Allen?  Might not be a bad play, see if Bridgewater is any good and if not trade up next year using some of the picks from Buffalo.

1 minute ago, Jetscode1 said:

Agreed.  Nice smokescreen for Giants to look at Barkley 

Worst smokescreen is the giants want barkley.  They're taking Rosen unless the bills get so desperate they throw so much at the giants they simply can't say no.  

Odds are the jets are choosing between mayfield and allen.  

2 minutes ago, celtasnake said:

Oklahoma QB and top draft prospect bakermayfield is the subject of a new docu-series after cameras followed him for 3 months. And it’s gonna be epic:

Shot over three months, the 8-episode series will premiere in April 2018 on a date and time to be announced. Trailer: www.BehindBaker.com

http://behindbaker.com/press-release.php

Behind Baker (2018)
Baker Mayfield, top NFL quarterback prospect, has skyrocketed to stardom. He has drawn comparisons to perennial Pro-Bowlers like Russell Wilson and Drew Brees with his play, but Baker’s antics on and off the field have left questions about his maturity. A team of industry experts dig deep into the psyche of the quarterback beloved by his teammates and coaches in his journey to the NEXT LEVEL. Granted unprecedented access, viewers will witness all there is to see behind Baker Mayfield. The series explains the root of Baker's passion for the game, his drive to win and the razor edge he rides that has led to controversy. Over the course of the series, we learn about the man who is Baker Mayfield and how he has grown from his experiences and how those experiences prepared him to take on the NFL as a leader and champion.

Episodes with never-before-seen access will premiere in April 2018. The series will be released in the weeks surrounding the pivotal moments of the NFL Draft on April 26. “Behind Baker” catalogs Baker's mental prep and his journey to the NFL Combine, his pro days and the media frenzy surrounding his heavily debated arrogance. Baker reveals his mental drive, expectations, and who is he is in his own voice; including what he has to offer scouts, critics, NFL owners, brands, fans and foes.

If people hated Cousins filming a documentary about his FA process, how do they feel about this?

3 minutes ago, Thor99 said:

Thought it was Bruce Irvin. 

I don't think they traded up for Quintin Coples.  They wanted Irvin, but he didn't fall.  They traded two number 1's with the Bears for potentially Andre Johnson and he was taken right before their pick.

2 hours ago, Hael said:

I don't want to be a debbie downer here.  I actually like the move b/c we had to do it for the future of our franchise.  But lets be clear about a few things. 

This was a desperation move that was a complete and total fleecing by the Colts in terms of trade value.  To give you an idea..  The 6th pick is worth 1600 points, and the 3rd is worth 2200.

The two 2nds are worth 530 and 410 points respectively, and the following years second is about 400 (you usually push it down a round in value though b/c its far away, so lets say 200).  Thus we gave 1600 + 530 +410 + 200 = 2740 in value.  So the Colts essentially create an early 2nd round pick in total value.

This is the price to pay for moving up to get a qb, and yes its pretty rough.

If we hit it will be the best trade we ever made.

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Worst smokescreen is the giants want barkley.  They're taking Rosen unless the bills get so desperate they throw so much at the giants they simply can't say no.  

Odds are the jets are choosing between mayfield and allen.  

Who is to say NYG don’t like Allen there. I still think they go non-QB. But who knows. 

Fair move. I'm normally one to favor hoarding picks but they want to go get a guy and I can't fault them for that, especially at this stage of Maccagnan's tenure.

I'm just glad they kept their number 1 next year. 

So, the team is absolutely getting a QB now. The defensive streak is over, so that'll stop some bitching for a while (not really, because Jets fans) 

I was gonna start looking up pass rushers and guards for round 2, but I guess I should just watch footage of 4 QB's over and over and pick a favorite.

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

If people hated Cousins filming a documentary about his FA process, how do they feel about this?

Cousins’ thing could have stretched out his free agency, screwing over both the Jets and Vikings in the process. 

Let me start by stating I'm not a huge fan of the trade. I feel all the qbs have holes and one would have fallen to us. There are others than the top 4 that have potential to be very good starting QBs, I would have rather kept the picks to build our offense. Moving up rarely works. With that said we did not give up a lot according to many things I'm reading and moving forward I'm excited as anyone to see how this unfolds. Mac was aggressive in what he wanted and that should be applauded. 

Do you think if the player the Jets are targeting at 3 is not there, they would trade out of the #3 spot with the Bills regain the number two's that are lost plus an extra first round pick and take Jackson from Louisville at 11? . Crazy I know, trades within the division are rare, etc.  Just a thought 

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

DACNh7eXgAAogP7.jpg

YES!

SAR I

Your picture says it all!  I think the Jets rank is Darnold, Allen, then Rosen.  Some here don't like Allen because of the Hack comparisons, but I think he can be special.  Rosen has injury and mobility concerns and is not as solidly built as the others,   Personally I love Darnold, but any of these are solid picks, with some additional risk with Rosen and Allen.  Mayfield was never gonna be their choice.

Archived