The Bowles administration reminds me a lot of Herbert Hoover

GreenWhite

By all accounts Hoover was a nice man considered a great humanitarian , but came off terribly in the press. He also was dealt a bad hand being elected on the eve of the great depression and made things worse. 

Hoover is a perfect example of the type of guy who can excel in one area, but does not have the requisite leadership skills to be in charge. 

After Hoover came FDR so maybe good things are on the horizon for the Jets. 

5 minutes ago, GreenWhite said:

By all accounts Hoover was a nice man considered a great humanitarian , but came off terribly in the press. He also was dealt a bad hand being elected on the eve of the great depression and made things worse. 

Hoover is a perfect example of the type of guy who can excel in one area, but does not have the requisite leadership skills to be in charge. 

NO POLITICS!!!!!

12 minutes ago, GreenWhite said:

What area does Bowles excel in again? ?

12 minutes ago, GreenWhite said:

What president ended prohibition?

That's me because the drinks will be flowing tonight now that I banned you.

1 minute ago, fusionCA said:

lol

i just watched it again this weekend , but the guy found his hand and picked it up , not sure Bowles can do that 

Bowles would pick it up then punt it into the ocean and be glad to head back to the landing craft only down one limb halfway through the battle.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj/coaches.htm

Look at that list of head coaches, and who does Bowles most compare to.

Todd Bowles 2015 - 2018

60 GAMES: 23-37

W-L%: .383

Playoffs 0-0

Bruce Coslet 1990 - 1993

64 GAMES: 26-38

W-L%: .406

Playoffs 0-1

Bowles is a hair worse than Bruce Coslet. Bowles would have to finish the last 4 games of this season 3-1 to tie the "great" Bruce Coslet's 26 win total after 64 games.

6 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj/coaches.htm

Look at that list of head coaches, and who does Bowles most compare to.

Todd Bowles 2015 - 2018

60 GAMES: 23-37

W-L%: .383

Playoffs 0-0

Bruce Coslet 1990 - 1993

64 GAMES: 26-38

W-L%: .406

Playoffs 0-1

Bowles is a hair worse than Bruce Coslet. Bowles would have to finish the last 4 games of this season 3-1 to tie the "great" Bruce Coslet's 26 win total after 64 games.

just for the record, coslet was an offensive minded coach.

9 hours ago, GreenWhite said:

I don't know about the Hoover comparison but I will say that Bowles seems like a classy dude and it's unfortunate that he failed pretty badly here.  I hope he does well as a DC in his next job (as long as it's not against us).

6 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Some Jets fans still may need prohibition for their own sake. THINK OF THE CHILDREN! :lol:

This is part of the reason I don't like going to NFL football games.  It's not just Jet fans btw.  There was a very recent video of Steeler fans doing something like this too I think.

18 hours ago, GreenWhite said:

He reminds me of a HOOVER  Vacuum.

HE SUCKS!!!!

Archived