Wild and Crazy Idea...

NYallDay

It seems that Odell is butting heads over this injury with the coach and team officials and ever since signing that extension, it has not gone smoothly. This question is 2 part;

Would you consider trading for him (under the belief the Vagiants would)?

If so, What would you give up?

I just saw that he is out this week and listening to NY sports talk radio, there seems to be some animosity growing between the head coach and him. Just an idea and kick the tires on this rainy Friday.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Until all 32 teams in the league come to the conclusion at the same time that guys like OBJ will never be happy, and never be worth the money they are asking for (between whining, holding out, injuries and bad decision making off the field), there will continue to be guys like OBJ.  But I truly hope there are never any on the Jets. 

If we could do like an incentive mechanism  he gets Lotsa millions for ball catching, first downing and touchdowns.

He gets shot in his nads with a paintball gun for whining, acting out and being a petulant child. He can still have his money if he gets hurt. 

Get it done Big Macc!!!

1 hour ago, NYallDay said:

It seems that Odell is butting heads over this injury with the coach and team officials and ever since signing that extension, it has not gone smoothly. This question is 2 part;

Would you consider trading for him (under the belief the Vagiants would)?

If so, What would you give up?

I just saw that he is out this week and listening to NY sports talk radio, there seems to be some animosity growing between the head coach and him. Just an idea and kick the tires on this rainy Friday.

No, I would not trade for him.  I thought it was a bad contract from the get go, he has massive talent and massive ego.  He'd be horrible on the Jets, and horrible for a young QB.

The Giants would never send him to the Jets.   They also cant their cap hit would be enormous.

Giving him the fat contract that they did is the dumbest thing the Giants could have done.  The Jets have no reason to help them out of that situation, and take on their mess, especially if it means giving up something in a trade and taking on that contract.

There's a reason that the likes of Moss, Owens, and Marshall spent their entire careers as nomads around the NFL, despite their immense talents, and that's because they were complete head-cases that quickly became not worth all the trouble.  We saw that first hand with Marshall after a good start and him supposedly having changed his ways, to then becoming a major problem in the locker room.  Beckham is as nuts as any of them ever were, if not arguably worse.

In the unlikely scenario the Giants were willing to deal Beckham Jr. to us we'd be foolish to not consider it.  He's a 26 year old true #1 receiver that catches nearly anything within his reach. Good luck finding a #1 WR that isn't a diva because a lot of the time they are and there aren't a lot of NFL #1 WRs out there. The only way we're pairing Sam up w/a true #1 this offseason is via trade. 

Hell yea we should make this trade.

6 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Yeah, trade for Osmell,  sign LeVeon Bell, then we could try to re-sign Keshawn, Michael Vick, Fitzputrid, and Revis.  Can't have enough CANCER on a team these days

??

Adding Odell & LeVeon would instantly make our offense top 10. It seems like a lot of people don't like adding talent to the team.

Imagine how much pressure it would put on a defense to have to double Odell and still account for LeVeon out of the backfield while keeping Anderson from blowing the top off? My lord Enuwa would be an after thought for defenses.

54 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Until all 32 teams in the league come to the conclusion at the same time that guys like OBJ will never be happy, and never be worth the money they are asking for (between whining, holding out, injuries and bad decision making off the field), there will continue to be guys like OBJ.  But I truly hope there are never any on the Jets. 

Revis, anyone?

36 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Hells yeah. 

Why's everyone saying no? Because he's a nut case during a game? Eh, i'd deal with it. 

Jet fans are crazy.....It's not like the Giants would trade him to us  - but he's one of the best receivers in the NFL-  of course you would want him and be willing to give up a lot to get him.

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

??

Adding Odell & LeVeon would instantly make our offense top 10. It seems like a lot of people don't like adding talent to the team.

Yeah but at what cost,  Lots of people just don't like cancer,  and want guys on their team that are actually likeable, and someone that you want to root for. His/their talent is undeniable but I have a hard time rooting for assholes {Aaron Rodgers}], Tom Brady, you get the idea}

28 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Yeah but at what cost,  Lots of people just don't like cancer,  and want guys on their team that are actually likeable, and someone that you want to root for. His/their talent is undeniable but I have a hard time rooting for assholes {Aaron Rodgers}], Tom Brady, you get the idea}

I couldn't care less what the personalities of the players is if they're winning football games. That's all that matters. Winning and losing. We do a lot of losing. We should focus on winning, not freaking good personalities.

Imagine a dude who rarely gets laid out at the bar talking about how he doesn't want to hookup with the hot slut who's ripe for the taking because she doesn't have a good personality. That's how you sound.

28 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I couldn't care less what the personalities of the players is if they're winning football games. That's all that matters. Winning and losing. We do a lot of losing. We should focus on winning, not freaking good personalities.

Imagine a dude who rarely gets laid out at the bar talking about how he doesn't want to hookup with the hot slut who's ripe for the taking because she doesn't have a good personality. That's how you sound.

You couldn't  care less,  I do.  How do you feel when the dude at the bar later finds out that the "hot slut" has Herpes?  Imagine that,  ok?  If all that matters is winning and losing, There's a sh*t team in New England that's been doing that for a while.  How do you feel about them?

5 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

You couldn't  care less,  I do.  How do you feel when the dude at the bar later finds out that the "hot slut" has Herpes?  Imagine that,  ok?  If all that matters is winning and losing, There's a sh*t team in New England that's been doing that for a while.  How do you feel about them?

So if I want the Jets to win I should root for the Patriots? Got it. ?

Archived