Laquon Treadwell (Possible WR option for Sam)

NYDreamer

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/27/laquon-treadwell-hoping-deactivation-was-a-one-time-occurrence-with-vikings/

I have seen and heard over the last couple of weeks, possible trades for Wr Mike Evans from Tampa (Would cost significant Draft capital) or A.J. Green from the Bengals to come play in NY.  What about former first round pick Laquon Treadwell from the Vikings.  Could be similar to Amari Cooper just needing a fresh start and could come cheaper than the other 2 names with maybe a third round pick.  From this article, it looks like he may be available.

Absolutely not.

I'd be willing to give Kevin White a chance here before thinking about Laquon.  And I don't think I really want White.

I truly think this WR corp is a decent cast when healthy.  We just need that bonafide #1 elite playmaker WR.  Obviously we wont be finding that in FA, but maybe we will hit on one in the draft.

I'm hoping we bring back Quincy and Robby.  Kearse i'm fine either way.

24 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Absolutely not.

I'd be willing to give Kevin White a chance here before thinking about Laquon.  And I don't think I really want White.

I truly think this WR corp is a decent cast when healthy.  We just need that bonafide #1 elite playmaker WR.  Obviously we wont be finding that in FA, but maybe we will hit on one in the draft.

Q I think they should resign.  Robby and Sam have developed chemistry which bodes well

Kearse absolutely has to go if he’s the starting slot receiver next year Macc should be fired

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Jets fans: we need weaponz for da Sam

Also Jets fans: dis wide receivah dat never did anyding will todally be da ansah

Seems to me pretty much everyone after the OP is saying the opposite.  Thankfully 

I like the idea of AJ Green the best because he can still play at a high level and he probably won't cost all that much in a trade due to his contract and age. He'd be a great get for this team considering the draft class for receivers is suppose to be weak. If we could keep him for a year or two that might help Sam enormously until we can find our own Julio/AJ Green type of receiver preferably via the draft.

4 hours ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Absolutely not.

Enunwa, Anderson + a FA (like Tyrell Williams or Devin Funchess) + an early Draft pick (Rounds 2-3).  That would take this group from about a C to a B grade.  Swinging a trade for a premiere guy like AJ or Evans, or using a 1st Round pick could make the group a B+.

2 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I like the idea of AJ Green the best because he can still play at a high level and he probably won't cost all that much in a trade due to his contract and age. He'd be a great get for this team considering the draft class for receivers is suppose to be weak. If we could keep him for a year or two that might help Sam enormously until we can find our own Julio/AJ Green type of receiver preferably via the draft.

The Jets are in a position to take on a reasonably bad/expensive contract due to their Salary Cap situation.  It's a good strategy even if it's only to get 2-3 years out of AJ Green as Darnold develops and the Jets try to find their own guy via Draft as you stated.

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Enunwa, Anderson + a FA (like Tyrell Williams or Devin Funchess) + an early Draft pick (Rounds 2-3).  That would take this group from about a C to a B grade.  Swinging a trade for a premiere guy like AJ or Evans, or using a 1st Round pick could make the group a B+.

Tyrell Williams and Funchess... Williams I guess I'd be okay with but he is not a #1 adding Williams to a group of 

Robby, Q, Williams and an ....... AJ Green or Mike evans then yes.

... Funchess, I am not for signing.

Evans/AJ and add in Herdon - with the way Sam has played this becomes a legitimate and dangerous NFL offense. I can’t remember the time we could say that.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, Stark said:

Tyrell Williams and Funchess... Williams I guess I'd be okay with but he is not a #1 adding Williams to a group of 

Robby, Q, Williams and an ....... AJ Green or Mike evans then yes.

... Funchess, I am not for signing.

Opinions differ on Funchess.  My expectations are low for a Free Agent WR signing.  Basically looking for a middle-of-the road guy like a Kearse, someone who can be a solid #3 and possibly stretch into a #2 on occasion.  We're not finding a true WR1 or WR2 in Free Agency this year.  We'll need to take a swing in the Draft early if we hope to find a possible WR1.

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Evans/AJ and add in Herdon - with the way Sam has played this becomes a legitimate and dangerous NFL offense. I can’t remember the time we could say that.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

There's also a RB who sat out this season in Pittsburgh who is a legitimate pass catcher. ;)

Imagining an AJ Green, Robby Anderson, Quincy Enunwa 3-WR set with Herndon at TE and Leveon Bell in the backfield for an improving QB like Darnold would be a dream come true.

21 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

There's also a RB who sat out this season in Pittsburgh who is a legitimate pass catcher. ;)

Imagining an AJ Green, Robby Anderson, Quincy Enunwa 3-WR set with Herndon at TE and Leveon Bell in the backfield for an improving QB like Darnold would be a dream come true.

AMAZING - and that is, by no means, out of the question.  In fact it's very reasonable and if we had a GM that truly wanted to build a winner that's exactly what he would get done.  

We would have finally built a 21st century offense..

19 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

While I would looooove to have Green or Evans I would really hate to give up a high 1 and then not have a pick until the 3rd. I'm basing this off of Amari Cooper netting a mid-late 1st.

My strong preference is to trade down in the first that nets us a mid-1 and a 2nd rounder -- use the 1-2-3-3 for OL, WR, Passrusher, RB in whatever order where the value is maximized.

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Opinions differ on Funchess.  My expectations are low for a Free Agent WR signing.  Basically looking for a middle-of-the road guy like a Kearse, someone who can be a solid #3 and possibly stretch into a #2 on occasion.  We're not finding a true WR1 or WR2 in Free Agency this year.  We'll need to take a swing in the Draft early if we hope to find a possible WR1.

I wouldn’t mind signing Funches but just as depth

Am I the only person here who thinks we might have something in Deontay Burnett? He's younger then Darnold,, but as advertised, catches everything near him. That catch he made Sunday was crazy. If it was inbounds it would've been the catch of the year.

11 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Am I the only person here who thinks we might have something in Deontay Burnett? He's younger then Darnold,, but as advertised, catches everything near him. That catch he made Sunday was crazy. If it was inbounds it would've been the catch of the year.

Im in. 

Archived