La Canfora: ‘I’m told’ McCarthy not expected to take Jets job

BroadwayRay

5 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

If true, it says all you need to know about the ineptitude of this front office. Here we go again, another flavour of the month hotshot coordinator wanna be head coach will be hired....will they ever learn?

i hope I’m venting in vain. 

No, if true it just didnt work out.  Has nothing to do with ineptitude or the front office.  

What was the lessen they should learn if it doesnt work out?  To hire Caldwell or Gase, other than those two who are interviewing that arent hot shot coordinators?  

I dont understand the black cloud approach.  Maybe the Jets dont want McCarthy after their meeting.  NAH

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No, if true it just didnt work out.  Has nothing to do with ineptitude or the front office.  

What was the lessen they should learn if it doesnt work out?  To hire Caldwell or Gase, other than those two who are interviewing that arent hot shot coordinators?  

I dont understand the black cloud approach.  Maybe the Jets dont want McCarthy after their meeting.  NAH

They why interview him at all? Don’t tell me that they didn’t lay the ground rules of the interview with his agent beforehand? You don’t waste one another’s time if there’s no interest at all. They just couldn’t close him. Period.

What we have is arguably the best available experienced head coach right at your fingertips and you let it slip through your hands. That says a lot about this franchise and how it’s mismanaged. I don’t want to see another inexperienced coach become the HC of the NYJ...it doesn’t work in New York. How many times do we have keep hiring  the same sort of coach over and over again? 

Just hire Gase or Caldwell 

4 minutes ago, The Walrus said:

Manish is a dead man walking, everyone at that paper is a dead man walking.

I think he is going rogue.  A shut down of the Daily News is not unlikely and I fully expect Manish to start tweeting commando style ending his tenure with that tabloid with a bang.  His tenure with the Jets could be over soon.  Who knows where the weasel will land post NYDN.  Could be far far away. 

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I think he is going rogue.  A shut down of the Daily News is not unlikely and I fully expect Manish to start tweeting commando style ending his tenure with that tabloid with a bang.  His tenure with the Jets could be over soon.  Who knows where the weasel will land post NYDN.  Could be far far away. 

We can only hope

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

So, looks like we're going to end up with unknown - and quite possibly ruin Darnold.

yay!

No....I think Darnold has already PROVEN that he can wade through the cesspool of Bowles and his “coaching” staff, the bottom feeding roster put together by a so called “GM” and his “scouts” and come out the other end smelling like a rose.  He’s too great...he CAN’T be ruined, although it could have happened with Bowles playing the Vet at Center who can’t snap.....FOR 9 GAMES.  That was of course to protect HIMSELF.  ALWAYS play the Vet, the guy who is getting paid, you can ALWAYS just shrug your shoulders and point the finger at the GM..”hey he paid the guy millions I got to play him, not my fault”.  So any idiot could see he risked Darnold’s health as he leaped and dove for horrific snaps FOR 9 GAMES...f**kin Media SILENT.  Until almost the very end, when it was finally was indefensible, they protected Bowles.

For all intents and purposes the Jets should have easily won 8 games this year, and that was with Darnold missing almost 1/4 of the season and not counting ANY of the games McCown started as wins into that 8.

I’d actually have confidence if Rich Kotite was named coach for next year.  I have NEVER seen “coaching” on ANY level as I’ve seen with the Jets the last 4 years.

Would I like them to get McCarthy?  Absolutely.  But if not so be it.  Get an Offense guy, start stacking that Oline and get ready for playoff runs for I’d say the next 15-20 years.

Nothing could be worse than what you’ve seen the last 4 years.

2 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

They why interview him at all? Don’t tell me that they didn’t lay the ground rules of the interview with his agent beforehand? You don’t waste one another’s time if there’s no interest at all. They just couldn’t close him. Period.

What we have is arguably the best available experienced head coach right at your fingertips and you let it slip through your hands. That says a lot about this franchise and how it’s mismanaged. I don’t want to see another inexperienced coach become the HC of the NYJ...it doesn’t work in New York. How many times do we have keep hiring  the same sort of coach over and over again? 

Just hire Gase or Caldwell 

Why interview him is really a question?  I dont know because you dont know everything about someone until you get them in for an interview.  Because you do your due diligence?  Because if you interviewed one person only you look like idiots?  Because this is how its done with any job, any profession?  Should we ask if hes the one who doesnt want the job why he took the interview.

Arguably is youre key word.  The one you wrote and then ignored.  Arguably.  Using this line of thinking he never should have been available to us. Its not about what you want to see or others, or me.  Its who the ones who will sign his check, who will work sided by side with think.  

18 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Frankly I’m kind of surprised how long it took for “#actually, what happened is the laughingstock franchise said no to the Super Bowl-winning coach, not the other way around” to become JN canon

In five years it’ll morph into “Parcells cost us McCarthy.”

If he didn't get signed yesterday he was not going to be a Jet. I already knew this. If this situation was perfect in McCarthy's eyes he would have made a deal. It's not and he's taking the year off. If I was him I'd take my millions and retire and enjoy my family while I still have the time at 55. 

23 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Frankly I’m kind of surprised how long it took for “#actually, what happened is the laughingstock franchise said no to the Super Bowl-winning coach, not the other way around” to become JN canon

Whoever we do get, was the 1st choice all along #actually.

30 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Frankly the one thing that isnt surprising is the roll call of those who automatically assume he didnt want the job.  

8 hours ago, Larz said:

It's business 

My main concern is that maccagnan has a track record of finishing 2nd place with expensive high end talent like Khalil Mack and kirk cousins because of price 

If the leaks start coming that Mccarthy stayed late to iron out a deal with the jets and Maccagan balked on money and he goes to the Browns it could be a disaster 

Who will rhule hire as a staff compared to Mccarthy? 

My prediction yesterday was that no news by 10 o'clock would be a bad sign and now I really don't feel great 

Thought he offered more than Minnesota for Cousins, but Cousins wanted a playoff caliber team.   As far as Mack I would guess it was trade terms not financial terms. 

Archived