Schefter: Jets Finalizing deal for Gregg Williams

k-met57

3 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I really wonder if Jamal will be used the same way or if Williams is more dependent on coverage safeties and we will add a FA. Can’t wait to start seeing the articles/analysis/speculation if it becomes official. 

Williams runs a similar D to Rex.  Variations of Buddy's D.  Likes to use  CB's in press, and send other people from everywhere.  

Suspect Adams is going to love this

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Now its up to Maccagnan.  He really needs to hit homeruns in both draft and free agency

I think he's gotta get Bell and add an impact WR which will have to be done via trade. Free agency is kinda weak at WR

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

Yeah that sounds great for the specific development of Sam, but the HC duties are vast. In game MGMT alone is a ridiculously entailed task. I am settling in on Gase as well, but I am concerned with comments like that. I think having a QB coach is a good thing. I actually liked what Bruce Arians said in his presser this past week. He said he was doubling the staff to have an entire group of coaches devoted to the younger guys and backups. This will give them more of an opportunity to get reps and attention in practice. He said something like "We give these guys 2-3 reps in practice and then wonder why they don't come in to the game and perform well"   I loved that. 

The benefits of Having more coaches has yet to be fleshed out. Having less coaches than traditional makes me nervous. 

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

And when they disagree? 

I was going to add my two cents, but it looks like you have this covered! :good:

Prior to this afternoon...

SOJF: "We're gonna lose Williams?!?!?!?!?!?, this FO is incompetent, a dumpster fire, WJ, CJ and Macc are the worst people ever to walk the Earth!!!! they handled this all wrong!"

This afternoon:

SOJF: "The FO wanted Williams before they hired Gase!?!?!?!?  this FO is incompetent, a dumpster fire, WJ, CJ and Macc are the worst people ever to walk the Earth!!!! they handled this all wrong!"

12 minutes ago, Larz said:

If this is official..... and assuming gase is calling the plays on offense....

The jets went from Jeremy Bates and Todd Bowles to Adam Gase and Gregg Williams

That's pretty cool

This is more accurate no?

Pretty cool too 

11 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Time for all the moaning, bitching and hand-wringing to stop.  This is going to be good.  Bet on it.  Time for Macc to do his part and get some talent in this building and we're off.  JET UP !

We have a great OC in Gase and a great DC in Williams and a great STC in Boyer.

Who the hell could complain about that?  You kidding me?  What a great week for Jets football.  Couldn't have done any better.

SAR I

30 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I honestly know like 3 things about Rhule, but I now know this: He's going to have a fantastic career, and it will be because the Jets blew it with him because they insisted he hire Gregg Williams. Most likely with the Patriots.

Sorry, but making Sheriff  Andy Taylor the NYPD Police Commissioner  and allowing him to appoint  Deputy Barney Fife to head the Transit Police is not a good idea for the organization.

16 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Let's see--

• Big Media Market
  • New HC w/attitude and already a media point of interest
  • Loud mouth DC
  • Waaay outspoken Safety Adams who's a media darling
  • QB that the world loves
  • Let's go with the Bell signing

....Gee, who do you think is going to be part of HARD KNOCKS conversation this year.

First year coaches can't be on Hard Knocks

20 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Let's see--

• Big Media Market
  • New HC w/attitude and already a media point of interest
  • Loud mouth DC
  • Waaay outspoken Safety Adams who's a media darling
  • QB that the world loves
  • Let's go with the Bell signing

....Gee, who do you think is going to be part of HARD KNOCKS conversation this year.

Yeah we are starting to make ourselves legit, and not the Todd and Jeremy clown show.   

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We have a great OC in Gase and a great DC in Williams and a great STC in Boyer.

Who the hell could complain about that?  You kidding me?  What a great week for Jets football.  Couldn't have done any better.

SAR I

I totally agree but I'm sure there are aholes here who will argue the point to death.

Just now, 14 in Green said:

Sorry guys, But after all the crap I've read from these expert NFL Insiders the last few weeks via Twitter, I'm going to just wait for the Jets to announce the hire before I get all amped up here.

Normally i’d agree but Schefter is a legit proper journalist. He doesn’t need to send out a panicky tweet in the hope of being first. His reputation is that he only publishes when he’s correct and as such has gained an enviable rep as THE guy. 

14 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Prior to this afternoon...

SOJF: "We're gonna lose Williams?!?!?!?!?!?, this FO is incompetent, a dumpster fire, WJ, CJ and Macc are the worst people ever to walk the Earth!!!! they handled this all wrong!"

This afternoon:

SOJF: "The FO wanted Williams before they hired Gase!?!?!?!?  this FO is incompetent, a dumpster fire, WJ, CJ and Macc are the worst people ever to walk the Earth!!!! they handled this all wrong!"

SOJF= Vadgettes?

Interesting side bar story here.  As most of us know Greg Williams rep isn't that "he's a real nice guy".  It seems obvious that Mayfield selected Kitchens over Williams for HC.  We play the Browns this year.

Could be a long day for one of them.  :) 

11 minutes ago, Lon chaney said:

First year coaches can't be on Hard Knocks

Well, you can. Any team can be on HK, it's just that most teams don't want to be. The NFL can't force a team with a first year HC to be on HK.

The criteria to be exempt from HK:

- first year HC

- made playoffs in the last two years

- teams that have appeared on HK in the last 10 years

If no team volunteers, the NFL can force the Ravens, 49ers, Chargers or Redskins to do HK.

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

Sounds good, if nothing else I don't think we have to worry about a particular passive defense this year.

Agree..... I know some fans aren't thrilled with this hire, but whenever I've seen his defenses they've looked vicious and overwhelming. 

4 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Interesting side bar story here.  As most of us know Greg Williams rep isn't that "he's a real nice guy".  It seems obvious that Mayfield selected Kitchens over Williams for HC.  We play the Browns this year.

Yup, I hope Baker can handle it. ;-)

4 minutes ago, flgreen said:

And Gregg Williams should know how to attack Baker and where his weak spots are.

1 minute ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Well, you can. Any team can be on HK, it's just that most teams don't want to be. The NFL can't force a team with a first year HC to be on HK.

The criteria to be exempt from HK:

- first year HC

- made playoffs in the last two years

- teams that have appeared on HK in the last 10 years

If no team volunteers, the NFL can force the Ravens, 49ers, Chargers or Redskins to do HK.

Just total BS that they can FORCE a team to do it. Same with the London crap.

Archived