AFC/NFC Championship Games Thread

joewilly12

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

You mean that's the most pathetic thing you've seen in weeks, right?  As in week #17 in Foxboro, remember?

No, that was worse.

Game on the line and you let Tom Brady have 10 seconds in the pocket on 3 third and longs in OT.

Absolutely pathetic.

1 minute ago, SMC said:

That's going to get lost in all this.  How do you screw this up as a LB?

It wont get lost. It was a big factor. However Andy Reid panicking and scoring that gift wrapped TD was the game.  They could of easily used some time or forced the Pats to use a couple timeouts

40 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Eh...I don't know about that.

Talent like that shows.

Dude you've been ragging on Mahomes all day! How many times did you post "Darnold >>> Mahomes" during this game???? Now you're going with "talent like that shows"???? GIMMEE A BREAK

35 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

That roughing the passer penalty was just another reason to hate the Pats. Yes we all know how great they have been but getting so much protection despite getting caught twice is just insane

Mind boggling call - the most in a day of asinine calls and that is saying something 

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

It was pretty remarkable how accurate he was.

It really was. We mentioned that a few times while watching the game. he was calling it all out before it happened.  The two single coverages on Gronk late in the game stand out to me. He said "look at Gronk up there with single coverage! brady see's it"  lol  

He's good at this job for sure. 

9 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

I overlooked this in the excitement of the AFC Championship game, but I found this very funny.

not bad right there!   lol

The Saints an their fans must be sick tonight. They will wake up tomorrow with that play being the first thing they think of. Effectively ruining the entire day from the start! 

Just the worst! 

I was watching the Pats-Chiefs on an airplane tonight.  The *entire* plane groaned when the Pats won the coin flip, so predictable was the outcome.

Anyway, its the same movie over and over again with Brady.  It's just incredible how they always manage to win by the closest of margins at the last second.  Not even Montana did it so often and with such regularity.  At the end of the day, you have to strip sack him or have one of his receivers fumble the ball or something like that, b/c you know you simply can't leave him with 2 minutes.

As far as Mahomes.  Well, I was dead wrong about him.  He's the second coming of Favre, and looked clutch as well.  That Kansas City offense was one of the sweetest units i've ever seen in the modern NFL.  I think if they still had Hunt, this would have been a win.

8 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Dude you've been ragging on Mahomes all day! How many times did you post "Darnold >>> Mahomes" during this game???? Now you're going with "talent like that shows"???? GIMMEE A BREAK

I didn't rag on Mahomes I said Darnold was better (twice I posted it) - I believe that still.  Doesn't mean Mahomes is bad.

Truth is I was very concerned about Darnold not being on his level - thinking big picture.  My point was me just being excited that he absolutely is.

Sorry it offended you.

7 hours ago, Hael said:

As far as Mahomes.  Well, I was dead wrong about him.  He's the second coming of Favre, and looked clutch as well.  That Kansas City offense was one of the sweetest units i've ever seen in the modern NFL.  I think if they still had Hunt, this would have been a win.

He can really matriculate the ball down the field. 

Archived