Jamal Adams back to recruiting!

MDL_JET

Get it while it's hot, more Jamal Adams news that you all crave:

ATLANTA — Jamal Adams, part-time general manager, has already gotten to work this offseason.

After making a plea with management to bring better players to the Jets at the end of the 2018 season, Adams has started recruiting potential free agents, including Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell.

The Jets star safety said he has not heard from Bell directly, but he sat down with Adisa Bakari, Bell’s agent, last week at the Pro Bowl in Orlando, Fla.

“I’ll tell you this: We’re hoping we can grab him,” Adams told The Post on radio row at the Super Bowl on Wednesday. Adams is here promoting Pepsi’s Snackbot.

Adams said the Jets needed more “dawgs” on the team after they finished 4-12 last season. Bell is going to be the top free-agent prize on the market and makes sense for the Jets, who have $100 million in cap space and a need for a playmaker on offense to help quarterback Sam Darnold.

Adams said he has reached out to Bell and joked he is getting upset that Bell has not responded.

“Man, he still hasn’t hit me back. I’m kind of frustrated with him,” Adams joked. “Nah, I’m not. I’m not frustrated with him at all.”

Bell is not the only potential free agent Adams has reached out to. He did not say specifically whom he has talked to, but he is selling the Jets.

“I’ve definitely started [recruiting] with a couple of guys,” Adams said. “I sat down with a couple of guys at the Pro Bowl. Hopefully, we can get them there.”

Adams said players he has spoken with are excited about the Jets’ potential.

“Obviously, we’re young,” Adams said. “Put it like this: We have a bright future, man. They understand that. They understand that we’re just missing a few pieces. As soon as we get that, I think we’ll be fine.”

Adams has not met with new coach Adam Gase yet. He said he won’t be in New York or New Jersey for a while.

“It’s too cold for me,” he said.

But Gase has reached out to Adams.

“He texted me a couple of times, just checking in on me and he wanted to introduce himself,” Adams said. “Apparently, he’s excited to be a part of the Jets. He said I gave him problems for the past two years. I’m excited. Everybody’s excited to have a new energy in the building. I can tell you we’re all excited to get started.”

New defensive coordinator Gregg Williams also has Adams pumped.

“I’m so excited because he’s going to hold everybody so accountable,” Adams said. “He’s an aggressive guy. He’s definitely going to pressure offenses.”

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm all for this as long as we know the players he is talking to are actually telling the truth to him, and not just telling him that to appease him.  He is either going to make us look good, or potentially a joke depending how he acts, there will be no in between.

I'm still curious if the comments CJ said that said, he would love for Jamal to recruit, could be viewed as tampering since that was a public comment and Jamal is doing just that.  i think it would be ultimately hard to prove, but the league has been fickle about much worse before in my opinion.

Curious to see what happens in March when the time comes.  It will be teen and only then, if players fully believe the Jets' potential

1 minute ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Don’t need to recruit Bell, he will go to the highest bidder.   He wants 100m.    Jets are out of there minds if the pay anything close to what he wants. 

He isn’t getting $100 million 

My guess is he gets a 4-5 year deal at around $70 million with most of his guaranteed money frontloaded into the first two years of the contract.

And the Jets should absolutely make a strong run at signing him. He’s arguably the best RB in the league and is just about to turn 27. He still has 2-3 elite level seasons left in him.

The impact that he would have not just as a runner, but as a receiver can’t be overstated. He would be the ultimate safety valve for Darnold and is perhaps the most patient RB I’ve ever seen. 

He’s literally the only playmaker we can add to the offense this offseason short of us unearthing some hidden gem in the mid/late rounds of the draft.

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

He isn’t getting $100 million 

My guess is he gets a 4-5 year deal at around $70 million with most of his guaranteed money frontloaded into the first two years of the contract.

And the Jets should absolutely make a strong run at signing him. He’s arguably the best RB in the league and is just about to turn 27. He still has 2-3 elite level seasons left in him.

The impact that he would have not just as a runner, but as a receiver can’t be overstated. He would be the ultimate safety valve for Darnold and is perhaps the most patient RB I’ve ever seen. 

He’s literally the only playmaker we can add to the offense this offseason short of us unearthing some hidden gem in the mid/late rounds of the draft.

Bell would give us the occasional 2/3 yard loss that we experienced on 50% of our running plays this year because of his hesitation, searching method. BUT, oh, those other 50% will be SWEET when gets into the secondary! 

I'll take it! Go Jamal, recruit your azz off!

Good for Jamal Adams. I'm glad he's on our side and one of the core players fighting to make us great. He's a great leader and reminds me a little of Ray Lewis in terms of leadership. During lunch I was just watching the NFL Network Super Bowl Live, and Jamal Adams was on being interviewed by Andrew Siciliano and Maurice Jones-Drew before he plugged the Pepsi Snackbot. Here is what was said.

Andrew Siciliano - Alright so last year we're sitting in Minneapolis and you kind of turned into the recruiter potentially for Le'Veon right. Made some headlines in New York, "hey come play for the Jets." Is that kind of your off-season job now. And if so, do you want to recruit AB? 

Jamal Adams - Of course, I'm like LeBron man. I want everybody to come.

Andrew Siciliano - Alright so give the pitch. Look at the camera and give us the pitch.

Jamal Adams - Shout out to Le'Veon. Gotta follow up on AB, on twitter. And obviously I want you guys to come be part of something special. I think we have a lot of energy. Lotta new energy. New coaching staff. The sky is the limit. Man we just missing a few pieces. If you guys come join us there will be nothing like bringing a Super Bowl back to the Jets organization. They haven't won one since Joe Namath. If you do that, you'll forever be a legend.

Andrew Siciliano - Anyone else?

Jamal Adams - There is so many guys out there. I want them all. Man all the free agents just come on.

Maurice Jones-Drew - You making me want to come back. Like I'm getting recruited out of high school again.

17 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Don’t need to recruit Bell, he will go to the highest bidder.   He wants 100m.    Jets are out of there minds if the pay anything close to what he wants. 

LOL.  He's not going to get anything close to that.  He knows it too.  My best guess is that it will be $60 million with 40 or so guaranteed.  

If he can get $100 million somewhere, then all the power to him.  Even our doofus GM couldn't be dumb enough to pay him what he allegedly wants.  

Was listening to this on my way in, he was great when talking to Cowher, the part that I thought was bordering on tampering was when they asked him about recruiting players and how the front office felt about it... he basically said they encouraged him...   that's not good...

take a listen...

https://wfan.radio.com/media/audio-channel/jamal-adams-joins-boomer-gio

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

LOL.  He's not going to get anything close to that.  He knows it too.  My best guess is that it will be $60 million with 40 or so guaranteed.  

If he can get $100 million somewhere, then all the power to him.  Even our doofus GM couldn't be dumb enough to pay him what he allegedly wants.  

YUS7QVOYMC5RZ2XQ7Z76CTYSYY.jpg

HOLD MY MUG

Archived