Danny Amendola

choon328

Danny Amendola is not a solution to anything at this point in his career.  He is nothing more than a "bridge player" who is not quite washed up but offers nothing more than a capable set of hands that fill a roster spot.  He belongs on an established  team disrupted by an injury to a veteran slot receiver, not on a "building" young squad with a developing quarterback.  Those of you opposed to Golden Tate, are on board with Danny Amendola?  What sense does that make?  He is a "plan C" or  "plan D" option for this team.  Go sign Adam Humphries if you can, and if not, look at Golden Tate, or draft, or pick up a younger prospect and go with what we got.  Pass.

Last year and the year before it made no sense to sign or keep  “hold the fort”/bridge guys, but we did anyway.  That cap space was better off being rolled forward.  

The Jets are a win now team in 2019.  Like Parcells, they will sign bridge players.  I don’t know whether Amendola qualifies, but sometimes a guy like that cheap for one year is better for a longer, more expensive contract for someone not much better.  We want to build through the draft, but the current 7 picks, none in the 2nd round, 2 in the third, will not fix this team enough to make the playoffs next year, which is the goal.  

We should expect some nose hold signings.  

I wonder what Amendola thinks of the Patriots now that he's no longer playing for them.  Last year Patriot fans (at least Bill Simmons) couldn't sing his praises enough.  This year all the talk is about how Julian Edelman is a HOFer and Amendola is an afterthought.  I wonder how many Patriots are in this situation.  Danny Woodhead seems like another guy who was a big deal at one point but the Patriots have since had Shane Vereen and James White to take up his role.  I think there are others like this (e.g. Bruschi -> Ninkovich -> Van Noy).  Also add Troy Brown and Wes Welker to the WR carousel. 

Do these guys feel like they're going to get credit for their success or will Belichick get all the credit because he's proven he can easily replace them?

50 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I understand he brings experience but do we really need a 33 year old, average at best receiver who gets hurt a lot?

If he signs for cheap, knows this system, would help Darnold and could be cut if they younger players are better then why wouldn't we sign him?

Personally I'd much rather have Beasley or Humphries but if amendola saves us a bunch of money that let's us bring in a stud edge rusher, or tackle/guard then I'd rather go with amendola. While we have plenty of cap space we need to fill a bunch of empty roster spots.

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

We should merge this with all the other sign-this-culture-changing-Caucasian threads 

25 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Is this supposed to be funny?  What's wrong with us?  I am not politically correct, but if this is a 'thing", at least try to be somewhat creative. I don't want a back and forth, but juvenile stuff like this is just plain stupid.  You are better than this.

7 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Ditto. So what's the point?  That stupid post is exactly my point and the crux of the matter.  If you were taking a shot at him, then I get it.  It's not clear from what you posted, though.  A lot of @ TOmShane's posts are funny and acerbic.  Some are stupid and offensive.  This is clearly the latter.

4 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Ditto. So what's the point?  That stupid post is exactly my point and the crux of the matter.  If you were taking a shot at him, then I get it.  It's not clear from what you posted, though.  A lot of @ TOmShane's posts are funny and acerbic.  Some are stupid and offensive.  This is clearly the latter.

My double quote should give you all the info you seek

Archived