Giants trade Odell to Browns

Doggin94it

5 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Mayfield so far has been a very cool customer, and it's his team. If Beckham pulls some of the sh!t he did with the Jints, it will not go over well. 

Mayfield, OBJ, and Landry will be on Dr Phil's couch by Halloween.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Jets and Giants are not making major trades with each other.

If it’s mutually beneficial, why not? The two teams are not in the same conference and only face each other once every 4 years. They need a QB, we need more picks. Why not try to make a deal?

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If it’s mutually beneficial, why not? The two teams are not in the same conference and only face each other once every 4 years. They need a QB, we need more picks. Why not try to make a deal?

Because the Giants are getting a beating for trading obj to a random team in the middle of nowhere. They would get destroyed if Giants fans had to watch him play for the Jets

12 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

It's a good trade from a value perspective for the Giants. I just think that GM has no idea what he's doing though lol. Why would you draft Barkley last year, pay Solder all that money, and now trade your best receiver in his prime after signing him to a massive contract last off season?

What the Giants should do now is release Eli. Even if they don't like a QB in this draft, let Eli go and take a flier on a guy in the middle rounds. There's no point in keeping Eli if you are going to rebuild. 

I was just browsing the Giants forums and it’s safe to say most fans there would highly disagree that they got good value. In fact, they cant get over the fact that, in addition to not getting a second first round pick, they got the sh*ttier of the Brown’s two third round picks. I suppose that little fact does twist the knife a bit.?

not a chance.
If you're NYG and you passed on ALL the QBs last year, you don't get to trade your best WR and move up... that's like turning on a galactic neon sign that says I HAVE NO FCKING CLUE

So the alternative is they “rebuild” while simultaneously sticking with Eli at QB?

Someone is moving up to the top 5 to grab Murray and Haskins. The Giants can’t afford to stand past.

Hahahahahaha.   You guys want to be the Browns?  Odell Beckham Jr and Baker Mayfield in the same huddle? What could go wrong?  You people think they are odds on to win the conference?  The ******* guy has been in the league 5 years, his team won more than 6 games once.  I am extremely happy we did consider taking that money on for that dude.  Let alone for a 1st and 3rd.

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Hahahahahaha.   You guys want to be the Browns?  Odell Beckham Jr and Baker Mayfield in the same huddle? What could go wrong?  You people think they are odds on to win the conference?  The ******* guy has been in the league 5 years, his team won more than 6 games once.  I am extremely happy we did consider taking that money on for that dude.  Let alone for a 1st and 3rd.

Cmon really? Are you blaming OBJ for his team not winning? The odds are Mayfield crushes it and obj has yet anotherrrr 1000 yard season and add even more to his 44 tds. But yeah let’s be happy we don’t have that type of player. 

24 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

It's a good trade from a value perspective for the Giants. I just think that GM has no idea what he's doing though lol. Why would you draft Barkley last year, pay Solder all that money, and now trade your best receiver in his prime after signing him to a massive contract last off season?

What the Giants should do now is release Eli. Even if they don't like a QB in this draft, let Eli go and take a flier on a guy in the middle rounds. There's no point in keeping Eli if you are going to rebuild. 

Why give him all that money to trade him?  If you told me I could spin one year of a big contract into a 1st and 3rd I would do it every year.

If the Jets offered the GIants the number 3 pick for Beckham.  Gettelman would have to really think about.  It would have been most likely vetoed by Giants ownership though.  That would have given them number 3 and they would still have their number 1 pick.  We could have went after Houston for edge.  Whatever its done,  The Brownies get better, the Giants get to make picks hoping they pan out.  At least with the number 3 they can land Haskins without worrying about anyone jumping them.  The Jets get a pivotal piece to help Sam .  If they Sign bell.  Now the Jets have their possible trifecta.   You cant worry about head cases.  They are head cases because they know they are better than anyone else.  We say its a Passing league now.  Well Sam, Odell, Bell, Q, Anderson and Herdon would be pretty darn nice.  Oh well complain about the head case.

3 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Cmon really? Are you blaming OBJ for his team not winning? The odds are Mayfield crushes it and obj has yet anotherrrr 1000 yard season and add even more to his 44 tds. But yeah let’s be happy we don’t have that type of player. 

Great player.  I don't like him.  Having him on the team doesn't guarantee anything and I think he is probably trouble in the lockerroom.  Not the kind of guy I want to be the best/highest paid on my team. 

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So the alternative is they “rebuild” while simultaneously sticking with Eli at QB?

Someone is moving up to the top 5 to grab Murray and Haskins. The Giants can’t afford to stand past.

Not with that GM. I can't see how he can do that and keep his job.

Think about it--

1. You pass on all QBs in favor for a RB... basically still saying we're in it. 
  2. Then you trade away your best WR, a top 5 playmaker, just for ammunition to trade up for a QB? WHY THE FCK DID YOU JUST TAKE ONE LAST YEAR THEN DAVE.... is what the maras would say and then immediately fire him.

I just can't fathom how he could be allowed to not take Darnold. and then a year later trade Odell so he can trade up for a QB. It's madness. 

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

So the NYG just HAD to sign him to that insane contract and were never going to trade him.  Now... $35MM in dead cap.  

Boom goes the dynamite.

A first a third and a top level defender to alleviate a huge headache?  I file this under a win for both teams. That cap hit is a kick in the nuts though. 

11 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

If the Jets offered the GIants the number 3 pick for Beckham.  Gettelman would have to really think about.  It would have been most likely vetoed by Giants ownership though.  That would have given them number 3 and they would still have their number 1 pick.  We could have went after Houston for edge.  Whatever its done,  The Brownies get better, the Giants get to make picks hoping they pan out.  At least with the number 3 they can land Haskins without worrying about anyone jumping them.  The Jets get a pivotal piece to help Sam .  If they Sign bell.  Now the Jets have their possible trifecta.   You cant worry about head cases.  They are head cases because they know they are better than anyone else.  We say its a Passing league now.  Well Sam, Odell, Bell, Q, Anderson and Herdon would be pretty darn nice.  Oh well complain about the head case.

Thank God we didnt. Dont need that a$$hole or his bullsh*t

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

Thank God we didnt. Dont need that a$$hole or his bullsh*t

If you had him right now ,  you would think he is awesome.  Which he is.  This is why the Jets suck every year.  We are not willing to take shots at the best there currently is.  I dont care about Mister nice guy or ,  he will implode.  He is as talented as they come.  The End.

Just now, Green Truth said:

If you had him right now ,  you would think he is awesome.  Which he is.  This is why the Jets suck every year.  We are not willing to take shots at the best there currently is.  I dont care about Mister nice guy or ,  he will implode.  He is as talented as they come.  The End.

No I wouldn't. Talented? Of course but a major headache and didnt help the giants win ever.   The End. Go root for your Browns

7 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

A first a third and a top level defender to alleviate a huge headache?  I file this under a win for both teams. That cap hit is a kick in the nuts though. 

I would contend that Peppers is not a top level defender. He's just a guy who happened to make a memorable play for the Browns late in the season. Giants got ripped off in this deal.

The Jets have zero star talent.  Everyone asks, What is the Jets identity?  Well they don't have one because  they have zero stars.  He is a Star.  Lets keep picking up the Crowders and the Bellamys of the world.  This is why the Jets will always suck.  No balls to make moves for the best

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

No I wouldn't. Talented? Of course but a major headache and didnt help the giants win ever.   The End. Go root for your Browns

Well hard to win when your QB is over the hill,  Your Oline is terrible,  but the dude just kept putting up numbers with the cards he was dealt.

Archived