Giants trade Odell to Browns

Doggin94it

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Im banking on Baker still being bust and his first year being RG3 esque

You’re headed for bankruptcy then. 

But why is everyone comparing the Jets and the Browns? The Browns were quietly bringing in guys like Miles Garrett before Dorsey got there. Dorsey then came into his job with a boatload of picks and proceeded to pluck a franchise QB from the top of round one and a mighty fine RB at the top of round two. For the record, I think Mac stinks, but when he took the job he was faced with the barren wasteland of the Tannenbaum and Idzik regimes. 

2 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

But why is everyone comparing the Jets and the Browns? The Browns were quietly bringing in guys like Miles Garrett before Dorsey got there. Dorsey then came into his job with a boatload of picks and proceeded to pluck a franchise QB from the top of round one and a mighty fine RB at the top of round two. For the record, I think Mac stinks, but when he took the job he was faced with the barren wasteland of the Tannenbaum and Idzik regimes. 

Maccagnan is into his fifth off-season and the only two players worth a pinch of poop on the roster are Darnold and Adams, and even then we're banking on the last quarter of Darnold's rookie season as a better reflection of his talent than what preceded him sitting with an injury for a month.

How long can he hold onto the excuse that he inherited a sh*tty roster from Idzik?

Not with that GM. I can't see how he can do that and keep his job.

Think about it--

1. You pass on all QBs in favor for a RB... basically still saying we're in it. 
  2. Then you trade away your best WR, a top 5 playmaker, just for ammunition to trade up for a QB? WHY THE FCK DID YOU JUST TAKE ONE LAST YEAR THEN DAVE.... is what the maras would say and then immediately fire him.
I just can't fathom how he could be allowed to not take Darnold. and then a year later trade Odell so he can trade up for a QB. It's madness. 

Easy. They can say they didn’t like the QBs from the previous class. Also, they were in “win now” mode that year. Things change.

It’s easy to sell a fanbase on a shiny new rookie QB. They’ll convince themselves the QBs in the previous class were overrated.

3 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I am anxious to see how Cleveland's first time HC (at any level) manages the gigantic personalities of Baker, Landry, and OBJ. 

Landry and OBJ are friends from their LSU days they should be ok

Beckham’s big issue has actually been health

51 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

The Jets have zero star talent.  Everyone asks, What is the Jets identity?  Well they don't have one because  they have zero stars.  He is a Star.  Lets keep picking up the Crowders and the Bellamys of the world.  This is why the Jets will always suck.  No balls to make moves for the best

There is no way the Maras would ever trade Beckham to the jets ever

Antonio Brown?  Yeah I’m still wondering why Macc did 0.0 due diligence there

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Easy. They can say they didn’t like the QBs from the previous class. Also, they were in “win now” mode that year. Things change.

It’s easy to sell a fanbase on a shiny new rookie QB. They’ll convince themselves the QBs in the previous class were overrated.

you're probably right, but i just... man. i can't imagine. 

Just now, Philc1 said:

Landry and OBJ are friends from their LSU days they should be ok

Beckham’s big issue has actually been health

I think they'll get along with each other fine. I'm just curious to see how it works. Will any of them have on the field blow ups when they get frustrated? Will they be given the freedom to speak their minds to the press? Will the HC exercise any control over them?

I'm not being critical of the their talent. You just never know what this stuff will look like until the games are played. Who would have predicted that AB would run himself out of Pitt before last season.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Hahahahahaha.   You guys want to be the Browns?  Odell Beckham Jr and Baker Mayfield in the same huddle? What could go wrong?  You people think they are odds on to win the conference?  The ******* guy has been in the league 5 years, his team won more than 6 games once.  I am extremely happy we did not consider taking that money on for that dude.  Let alone for a 1st and 3rd.

2 hours ago, section314 said:

Giants trade Beckham and get a 1st, a 3rd and a good young player. The Steelers trade AB and get a 3rd and a 5th. Anybody still think Gettleman doesn't know what he's doing?

You want to compare the 2 situations and you can but be fair.  The Steelers had to deal him and everybody knew it.  They had no leverage and couldnt threaten to keep him as he had bonus due.   The Giants didnt have to deal Beckham unless the got a deal that they were comfortable with, and he hasnt been saying all the bizarre stuff that Antonio Brown has.  Really very different situations.

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Like we did with Trubisky, Mahomes and Watson?

Beckham has played one 16 game season as a pro.  He’s injury prone and a diva who melted down because Saquon Barkley got attention last year

the Knicks and the giants both made good moves getting rid of loser divas this offseason 

1 hour ago, BroadwayRay said:

Four years is more than enough time 

Say what you want about OBJ, but the guy is the definition of a playmaker and has the chance of being one, if not, the greatest receivers of all time. 

The Browns are surrounding Mayfield with talent. Hunt, Landry, OBJ, Chubb. 

Lets not forget their new defensive line. They have Myles Garrett, just added Sheldon, and traded for Oliver Vernon. 

+ there are rumors they are favored to get Earl Thomas. 

Archived