Bosa: "Passing on me would be a big mistake"

GREENBEAN

As we all talk about trading the #3 pick or grabbing who is there out of either N. Bosa, Q. Williams or J. Allen. Or even reaching for OL like J. Williams, I thought it might be interesting to take a look at some of this stuff. This is an article about Bosa's thoughts on being passed over in the draft. I also removed the vid of his full combine workout from the article and posted the link itself here. This guy is really impressive. He moves very fluidly and his feet are extremely quick.  

First link is the article. (the vid is at the bottom) 

Second link is the just the video itself for those who can't read. 

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/nick-bosa-passing-on-me-would-be-a-big-mistake?utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=exchange

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/ohio-state-dl-nick-bosa-s-2019-nfl-scouting-combine-workout

My concern with Bosa 

1. Injury history, his family has a history of injuries as well 

2. Is he closer to his peak as he is polished technically due to his nfl connections?

3. His brother was rendered useless against the pats- is interior pressure more important in today’s nfl?

3 minutes ago, nico002 said:

My concern with Bosa 

2. Is he closer to his peak as he is polished technically due to his nfl connections?

3. His brother was rendered useless against the pats- is interior pressure more important in today’s nfl?

Bosa was only neutralized because the chargers let the pats WRs do whatever they please. It was some of the softest, stubborn defense i ever seen. Brady got the ball out so quick that Bosa just didnt have time. No one on the chargers could get brady because of the terrible game plan and they refused to adjust.

2 minutes ago, nico002 said:

My concern with Bosa 

The injury history is the big one for me. I've not in love with taking injury prone guys. Dexter McDougle and Milliner almost never played for us. Potential is great. Health is better.  

10 minutes ago, Team archer said:

Ill take Allen.

I value actual game play over the combine, but take a look at Allen's combine. (I'm sure you already saw all of this).  There is a stiffness to him that wasn't present with Bosa.  I'm no scout so please don't take anything I say as an attempt to try and seem like one. It's just interesting to look at to me. Especially direct comparisons. 

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/kentucky-lb-josh-allen-s-2019-nfl-scouting-combine-workout

No way Macc passes on Bosa if he’s there—not in the man’s DNA to pass on these “no brainers that fall.” No matter how much he way personally prefer someone else, he is not the guy to go against consensus in top of first round.

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

How big did his penis measure at the combine? I'm not interested in pro days you can't trust those measurements.

It was small.  I think that stat is overrated anyway.  At least it better be. 

33 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

How big did his penis measure at the combine? I'm not interested in pro days you can't trust those measurements.

I was the second tallest among my friends in law school. The tallest was at least a half a foot taller than me, one of the hugest human beings I have ever seen in RL (he was built like Conan the Barbarian), and played college basketball (DIII but still). So by default, I had to cover him whenever we played intermurals/pickup. Obviously he regularly and effortlessly destroyed me. Once, I was attempting to box him out. I thought he put his hand on my shoulder, so I rolled my shoulder to slip his grip. He yelled "Ow!" I turned. It was not his hand on my shoulder at all.

Edit: found a picture of this monster (#52). His wife is 4'11''. Poor thing.

Image result for josh ellison oberlin basketball

17 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Kinda sounds like what Josh Rosen said after the draft.  Oops.

Yeah it does but 9 teams aint gonna pass on this guy. Bosa could have 2 broken ankles, a double hernia, bone cancer and a small penis and Mac would still draft him at 3 if he's there.

3 hours ago, Nixhead said:

Yeah it does but 9 teams aint gonna pass on this guy. Bosa could have 2 broken ankles, a double hernia, bone cancer and a small penis and Mac would still draft him at 3 if he's there.

Yup....that’s Maccagnan in the 1st Rd...

”Surrrrrrrrveyyyy Saaaaays....Ding”...Maccagnan reads what it says....that’s the pick.  Protects the job.

I’d really like a segregation of responsibilities at this point....let Maccagnan use late round draft picks for trades, during Free Agency tell Maccagnan that his job is on the line if he doesn’t bring home the best talent (like he did this year) and that they have to perform....he did so well this year, I think much will be forgiven and forgotten.

But come draft day let a whole different crew handle all the picks, I guess Baby Heimerdinger and some of his flunkies...keep Mac far away from the Draft.

Jets Front Office will turn into one of the best from virtually the worst...overnight...if they do that.

6 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

As we all talk about trading the #3 pick or grabbing who is there out of either N. Bosa, Q. Williams or J. Allen. Or even reaching for OL like J. Williams, I thought it might be interesting to take a look at some of this stuff. This is an article about Bosa's thoughts on being passed over in the draft. I also removed the vid of his full combine workout from the article and posted the link itself here. This guy is really impressive. He moves very fluidly and his feet are extremely quick.  

First link is the article. (the vid is at the bottom) 

Second link is the just the video itself for those who can't read. 

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/nick-bosa-passing-on-me-would-be-a-big-mistake?utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=exchange

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/ohio-state-dl-nick-bosa-s-2019-nfl-scouting-combine-workout

Josh Rosen said the same thing Lmao

edit: never mind...beaten to it

I’ll say this about Nick Bosa.  He isn’t his brother.  His brother is an inch taller and 15 pounds heavier.  His brother is smother and more fluid than Nick.  Nick is a nice prospect, but I would be careful in anointing this kid as some ultra elite talent that’s a MUST get.  

Passing on Bosa would be a huge mistake. Pats figured out a scheme to limit his brother but that doesn't mean you don't take him. As to the injury thing, he stopped playing mostly because Ohio State was done. If they go to the BCS, he would'v played. You cannot pass on an edge like this guy.

Allen has a Mamulian/Gholstonian whiff of chemical enhancement. Yes, people can add weight and muscle from frosh to senior by working like a demon.  But his growth is....amazing. Having said that,s suspect a lot of college and NFL players enjoy better living through cutting edge chemistry. And the line between what is a supplement or vitamin and a PED is blurred.  Nutrition and working out get more advanced every day. Simply think with Allen I've seen that kind of player do the combine prep thing and it doesn't end well. And as to the combine; these guys have been weighed, measured and lifted and run in front of coaches since probably junior year of high school. There are no secrets. The college prep guys and then the NFL tracks EVERYBODY who puts on pads in HS. The concept that the combine is suddenly grounds to undervalue how a guy actually played in real NCAA games  is really dumb. Bosa was f__ing great. 

If Bosa is not there, trade down and bolster the OL. 

11 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Passing on Bosa would be a huge mistake. Pats figured out a scheme to limit his brother but that doesn't mean you don't take him. As to the injury thing, he stopped playing mostly because Ohio State was done. If they go to the BCS, he would'v played. You cannot pass on an edge like this guy.

Allen has a Mamulian/Gholstonian whiff of chemical enhancement. Yes, people can add weight and muscle from frosh to senior by working like a demon.  But his growth is....amazing. Having said that,s suspect a lot of college and NFL players enjoy better living through cutting edge chemistry. And the line between what is a supplement or vitamin and a PED is blurred.  Nutrition and working out get more advanced every day. Simply think with Allen I've seen that kind of player do the combine prep thing and it doesn't end well. And as to the combine; these guys have been weighed, measured and lifted and run in front of coaches since probably junior year of high school. There are no secrets. The college prep guys and then the NFL tracks EVERYBODY who puts on pads in HS. The concept that the combine is suddenly grounds to undervalue how a guy actually played in real NCAA games  is really dumb. Bosa was f__ing great. 

If Bosa is not there, trade down and bolster the OL. 

Or Draft Q... 

I saw a clip of Allen defending a pass about 15-20 yards downfield while covering a TE. I doubt we'd ask Allen or Bosa do that much, but the fact that Allen could do it impressed me. Not sure if Bosa could (haven't seen any examples). Also heard Allen interviewed on NFL Radio around the combine and was very impressed. Seems to have his on head on straight and very motivated since he recently became a father.

10 hours ago, jgb said:

No way Macc passes on Bosa if he’s there—not in the man’s DNA to pass on these “no brainers that fall.” No matter how much he way personally prefer someone else, he is not the guy to go against consensus in top of first round.

Might not be a concensus anymore. I'm not saying that's true. It is a possibility.

Archived