Countdown to the Draft (7 days)! What are your draft day plans?

jetstream23

I used to do fun things for the draft.  

Then I got married and produced two kids who are now 4 and 1.

Now my draft night will consist of me being asked multiple times "what's the point of watching this, they aren't even playing" and being asked even more frequently if we can change it to Muppet Babies.

10 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Now my draft night will consist of me being asked multiple times "what's the point of watching this, they aren't even playing" and being asked even more frequently if we can change it to Muppet Babies.

Substitute wife for kids, and Real Housewives for Muppet Babies, and our night's are the same.

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

The countdown is on. Any interesting plans for the draft this year? Going to the Jets draft party or maybe hosting an event yourself?

I will be in LA/Long Beach, CA that Thursday night so I need to figure out some options for places to go. 

I will be in Disney, we are spending the week with our daughter who is down there for the College program this semester. Draft day one is our last day there, we come back Friday. So no draft party for me.

It’s my son’s second birthday that day.  I was considering taking him to the Jets Draft Party but looks like the field won’t be open.  I thought he may enjoy running around the field but if it’s closed it’s kind of pointless to go.  

He also now knows the Jets logo and goes nuts anytime he sees it pointing and yelling so that was another reason to bring him.  

Well I’ll be working 8am-4pm, scouring this site and twitter for any updates  checking my watch every 41 seconds. Then after work I’m going home to throw on the new Darnold jersey and heading to hooters with a few friends 

4 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Well I’ll be working 8am-4pm, scouring this site and twitter for any updates  checking my watch every 41 seconds. Then after work I’m going home to throw on the new Darnold jersey and heading to hooters with a few friends 

I hope that you are not a driver! 

Our plans will be the same as every year...  Wife and I watching Mel on ESPN while taping the NFL channel in another room. The phone is off the hook. As soon as the draft ends I get on the phone and talk to my best friend (Pats fan who lives in Phoenix) ) as we go over the picks. 

Might run in here during commercials to check with you guys or youse guys as they say it out here.

57 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I will be in Disney, we are spending the week with our daughter who is down there for the College program this semester. Draft day one is our last day there, we come back Friday. So no draft party for me.

:sad:

2 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Lol, I have a son that is almost one, I don't really get to watch anything until he goes to sleep because we're really trying to limit his screen time.  The amount of times I hear "Peek-a-boo I see you" from some stupid toy is the stuff of nightmares.  I'll probably end up just following it on some app, to see who got picked. 

I actually live in Nashville, so there was a real chance of me going.  Especially, because my wife works at one of the places that is hosting it but it's going to be a New Year's Eve ball drop like mess there.  The traffic situation is ridiculously bad on normal days, and this is pretty much closing down parts of downtown, without a mass a high functioning mass transit system.  Just not worth it, unless I counted it as work and self marketed there, but that's all but impossible.  

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

ESPN Zone in the Disney Boardwalk area.....just plan a late dinner so you somehow end up there for the first 15 picks. :P 

Archived