Mac fired!

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

That is all well and fine for Gase to say that but if you do not pay those guys that much you do not get them.  

Oh, I'm happy with getting Tom Brady but I wouldn't have paid more than 5 mill a year.

The elevation of Gase to god status on this team within 5 or 6 months is very troubling.  This is not Bellichik we are talking about here.

Very dangerous ground the Jets are treading on right now. 

Not that Macc was any hero, but a vacuum power void can turn this thing very toxic. And the characters that are lurking can turn things fast.

33 minutes ago, legler82 said:

Anita Marks from ESPN said this is not a Gase power play. There was an issue between Heimerdinger & Macc and both were let go. Also the Jets scouts really liked Heimerdinger but not Macc.  Heimerdinger getting let go was a surprise.

Heimerdinger will get another job before Macc.

Book it.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

That is all well and fine for Gase to say that but if you do not pay those guys that much you do not get them.  

Oh, I'm happy with getting Tom Brady but I wouldn't have paid more than 5 mill a year.

The elevation of Gase to god status on this team within 5 or 6 months is very troubling.  This is not Bellichik we are talking about here.

agreed you have to overpay in Fa esp. if you're the jets.  

when gase was hired it was a contrast and gase was going to win with his offensive minded philosphy.

20 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

That makes this even sweeter Brian Costello is a joke!!!!

Imagine being one of these lazy beat writer kids and it's now your job to become friends with Adam Gase and Greg Williams if you want to get any publishable content. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

That's how it works, Manish.  That's how you manage an organization.  You don't tell all the scouts and underlings that their boss, Maccagnan, is fighting for his job.  It distracts them.  They lose focus on the task at hand and preparing for the Draft, and instead start calling and texting around to look for job openings.

Wake up Manish.  You just lost one of your biggest sources and you have zero relationship with Gase and his people.  I know this is a bad day for you but it's looking like a good day for the Jets.

this guy doesn't know how the real world works.  (manish). 

1 minute ago, MasterChiefJets said:

Only the Jets could steal the incompetence thunder from the Giants.

Weird, because today the Johnson's appear to me to be more competent than they were yesterday.  The decision came a couple years later than it should have, but at least they finally did it. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, choon328 said:

People keep asking "Why didn't the fire him in January. The answer is simple...Darnold.

When this off-season began Macc and Christopher Johnson had a press conference and both stated that the #1 goal for this off-season was to build around Darnold. In fact I'm sure that was the Organizational directive that everybody knew about and agreed upon. I'm sure that message was also reiterated to Gase before he accepted the head coaching position.  

Macc failed to live up to that directive. He went into the off-season with:

-Average WR's who are injury prone, added only Crowder

I like the Crowder signing but there are still way too many question marks about the WR group

-No quality RB, added Bell

-I was a big proponent of signing Bell. Who is his backup should he go down? They currently don't have a 1st/2nd down replacement. Montgomery/McGuire are the same player and are not 3 down backs

-Bottom 5 offensive line, added Osemele.

Big upgrade at LG, hole at Center with an unproven player. Both tackles are average and will be free agents after the year and Winters is average as well. He really screwed up the offensive line. This is the year the Jets needed to make substantial early investments in the offensive line and Macc failed.

Once Macc went against the agreed upon organizational philosophy Gase blew up. Not trading back from #3 was the last straw for the Gase/Macc relationship. The owner success with Gase bc keeping Gase is in the best interest of Darnold and Macc failed the organization. 

It's as simple as that.

The lack of Center, the Barr debacle with no clear edge rusher and taking BPA did him in again. We all knew Mac is Mac. Only the Jets would wait to let him do it all again before relieving him of his duties.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Could be the DC/son stuff, and at that point they couldn't go on a GM search in March so they just let it go through the draft. 

You don't hire a HC and say here's your force-fed DC, and then the DC says here's another force-fed coach because he's the DC's son. Honestly I think that was the last straw for Gase, and the worst offense. You make a guy the HC he gets to pick his own staff or don't bother hiring him. Just took this long for him to wear down Chris Johnson, who probably hoped things would smooth out for a while at least with the draft over.

I also don't think Gase is as thrilled with the OL as the GM was. Osemele was a fine addition, but the line isn't good overall. They're starting a backup center and next year both tackles are UFAs. The biggest splashes in FA went to the defense even after hiring an offensive-minded HC (not just Mosely, but don't forget the 2nd-biggest splash was to be Barr not Bell, and it's possible there is no Bell if the Barr signing went through). 

You could be right, but I also think that the Jets will never have a better DC than Gregg Williams while Gase is head coach.  Force feeding him Williams was for the betterment of the team.  If Williams quits or is fired in the next year or two, then I guarantee Gase will not bring in the best candidate.  He'll bring in a guy he knows.....which is just as bad as a DC bringing in his son.  Think of a Dowell Loggins for the Defense coming here in 2021.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

I would have no problem with this Duo...in fact I hope it's the case. 

Gase likes Douglas, Douglas and Jeremiah have a close relationship. 

For the first time in quite a while you will have a functional and competent front office.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Jets, at no time in the near past or future, were never going to be "the most attractive job in the league. It's a dumpster fire and everyone knows it. 

McCarthy sure wanted it you dog herpes infested porker

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Jets, at no time in the near past or future, were ever going to be "the most attractive job in the league. It's a dumpster fire and everyone knows it. 

woody is exactly correct. Mac had to overpay because the Jets have been so bad and so unstable. Now you are going to have Gase in charge of player personnel like in Miami.

The Jets are the definition of insanity.

Just now, choon328 said:

The beat writers are so upset bc they just lost any internal access Macc or Heimerdinger were giving them. I love it.

also wonder if gase was upset that he saw the gm and his main assistant feeding the press info.  gase seems like he wants to tell nothing to noone