FYI: Jets reportedly hiring Champ Kelly as Asst GM

3 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

He made the picks, but the head coach very heavily influenced his decisions.

When Mangini was here, they put a premium on high character guys. As soon as Rex showed up, that philosophy went out the door. That isn't mere coincidence.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=smith_michael&id=2343012

They were pretty much on equal footing. And jesus time flies.

2 minutes ago, slats said:

I’m out to dinner with my girlfriend for her birthday you tranny-chaser. I’m done for, at least, a while. Mangini sucks, though, that’s why he can’t get work. Nobody but you, who has never met him, likes him. 

I’m also out to dinner with, uh, my hot, uh, girlfriend and, uh, as such I have no time to continue this discussion because of all the food and sex I’m, uh, having here. Yeah. So, catch you later. Happy birthday to the s/o.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Tannenbaum was an accountant and he knew it, which is why he delegated the draft and free agency. Does anyone think Mangini would ever sign Plaxico Burress or draft Quinton Coples? Likewise, does anyone think Rex is banging the table for Eric Smith or Kellen Clemens? 

Or Gholston.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=smith_michael&id=2343012

They were pretty much on equal footing. And jesus time flies.

It sure does. I remember I was getting things ready for my wedding the weekend that we drafted Brick, Mangold, and Leon Washington. 

Now I have two kids, and my wife and I just recently celebrated our 13 year anniversary. It's crazy.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

It sure does. I remember I was getting things ready for my wedding the weekend that we drafted Brick, Mangold, and Leon Washington. 

Now I have two kids, and my wife and I just recently celebrated our 13 year anniversary. It's crazy.

Happy anniversary 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Mangini hate is, in some ways, weirder than Parcells hate. 

Here is what Parcells Hate really is....

You meet a girl, who is the hottest, prettiest girl you have ever or WILL ever date in your life. The problem is, you're 23 years old, have a crap job, no money, and still haven't figured out what you're gonna do with your life. But for some reason, she actually sticks around, and even moves in with you for a while.... and its AWESOME! For a while....

But you're just happy with the status quo, and keep plugging away at some dead end job, but don't care, because EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!!

But she gets bored. And disappointment looms for her, because she's got her sh*t together, could hook up with anyone, and has a Masters Degree in Molecular Biology....and you're a damn bartender. So, she decides to move on. 

And you HATE her. Forever. Because she didn't stick around. So you'll show HER!! You get ambitious, get a great job, make something of yourself, and eventually, meet the girl who loves you for YOU that you'll spend the rest of your life with....but you will ALWAYS hate that smokin' hot bitch because she ******* left before you had the chance to get hired by the.....

Well. You know what I mean.

So yeah. **** Parcells. Right?

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Congrats dude.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

31 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

You meet a girl, who is the hottest, prettiest girl you have ever or WILL ever date in your life. The problem is, you're 23 years old, have a crap job, no money, and still haven't figured out what you're gonna do with your life. But for some reason, she actually sticks around, and even moves in with you for a while.... and its AWESOME! For a while....

But you're just happy with the status quo, and keep plugging away at some dead end job, but don't care, because EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!!

But she gets bored. And disappointment looms for her, because she's got her sh*t together, could hook up with anyone, and has a Masters Degree in Molecular Biology....and you're a damn bartender. So, she decides to move on. 

And you HATE her. Forever. Because she didn't stick around. So you'll show HER!! You get ambitious, get a great job, make something of yourself, and eventually, meet the girl who loves you for YOU that you'll spend the rest of your life with....but you will ALWAYS hate that smokin' hot bitch because she ******* left before you had the chance to get hired by the.....

Lmao, I had a hot gf who had a doctorate in molecular biology.

Just thought that was funny.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Nice, this was the dream scenario a week ago. Another great talent evaluator who worked well with the other people in the building. Things almost seem to be going too good though which doesn't sit well with me as a Jets fan. Just seems too right.

Signs of the Apocalypse Jets edition:

1) Jets will draft a true franchise QB - Mr. Darnold

2) Jets sign a offensive minded HC - Mr Gase

3) Jets hire young respect highly sought after (by other teams too) GM - Mr Douglas

4) Another GM candidate who is apparently respected and talented signs on as GMs right hand man - Mr Kelly

5) Jet draft Oline high in draft - ?

6) Mr Darnold outduels Brady* in NE in AFC Champ game in Brady's* last chance at another SB - ?

7) Jets about to win SB China nukes said superbowl as a show of force - ?

So my CHOWD client today even conceded that the Jets look to be in a position to take over the AFC East in a year or so.  She commented 2 SBs and then caught herself.  

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Youre hurting man

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

This is solid support for the original report. I am very happy to hear this may be a reality. To be able to grab 2 of our 4 GM candidates for our new FO is nothing short of spectacular. I would like to see Savage brought in as well.  Boy we've come a long way since these days...

sam-darnold-jets-draft-room.thumb.jpg.56801b4a7c14df792541b61dba889304.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Champ Kelly

The rumors are starting to heat up that the Jets could hire Chicago Bears Assistant Director of Player Personnel Anthony “Champ” Kelly. According to several sources, the Jets would reportedly be interested in making Kelly their assistant GM. Champ Kelly has a prior history working with both Joe Douglas and Adam Gase. This would be the first addition that Joe Douglas made to his staff since his hiring.  Kelly is very well respected around the league and sources say he was the Jets backup option for GM if the Joe Douglas deal fell through. This would be a quality hire and with Kelly already having a history with the Jets staff, he should be capable of stepping right in and making an impact day one.

Hearing the #Eagles have played hardball with the #Jets as new GM Joe Douglas seeks to stock his front office. As a result, I'm told #Bears Assistant DPP Anthony 'Champ' Kelly will be hired by NYJ & is expected to be Asst GM. Kelly has history w/Thomas (#Bears) & Gase (#Broncos).

— Neil Stratton (@InsideTheLeague) June 13, 2019

One prominent candidate for GM Joe Douglas' personnel staff with the @Jets is Bears assistant player of personnel Champ Kelly (@ChampKelly1) who also was among the GM candidates the team interviewed, per sources. Kelly and Douglas worked together in Chicago. https://t.co/OYnyvwPg4T

— Chris Mortensen (@mortreport) June 14, 2019

In addition to Todd McShay it looks like Andy Weidl is another name that can be crossed off the list of possibilities for the Jets.

The @Eagles have promoted Andy Weidl to VP of player personnel, filling vacancy of Joe Douglas, new Jets GM. The team website has confirmed.
Weidl now won’t be joining good friend Douglas in NY.

— Chris Mortensen (@mortreport) June 13, 2019

Champ to #Jets? pic.twitter.com/Y1dnMcQ90B

— Rich Cimini (@RichCimini) June 14, 2019

The post Assistant GM News Round Up appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
FfvnRqVd8SU

Click here to read the full story...

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Has a Jets exec been hired for a promotional position by another team since Ron Wolfe left? Seriously.

Its about Goddamn time we get some actual talent in the FO.

Wow that is a sad but very true point. I can’t remember us ever having a problem where we are thinking to block interviews or not. 

Other than coach Mike Pettine, I cant even think of that many coaches