Dak turns down 30 mil per (MERGED)

LockeJET

2 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Multiple outlets reporting he turned down 30 mil a year. Wants 40

Only problem is Dallas is not in a position to "tank" a season right now so they can't draft another QB that could come in and start right away. Either way there is no way in hell you pay Dak 40 Mil per . This team and their greed is going to go right in the toilet and this is why NE wins and everyone else has issues. I mean how greedy do you have to be to refuse 30 mil per as an average too good QB and want elite money like Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees ?

Karma Kicking Jerry in the Ass ?

• Upvote 3

Just now, Smashmouth said:

Only problem is Dallas is not in a position to "tank" a season right now so they can't draft another QB that could come in and start right away. Either way there is no way in hell you pay Dak 40 Mil per . This team and their greed is going to go right in the toilet and this is why NE wins and everyone else has issues. I mean how greedy do you have to be to refuse 30 mil per as an average too good QB and want elite money like Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees ?

Karma Kicking Jerry in the Ass ?

30/40 = 35? 

I think football teams need to tell their QBs that yes, they are very valuable, but if they want to win a Super Bowl there are other players that need to be paid, and that under the Salary Cap there is only so much money to spend.  

Elliott knows that Dak is going to get most of the money, and he is probably not happy about it.  

When you are paying a QB that much money, you have to draft flawlessly to win.  That was the Packers undoing, after all the good executives left. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

He's not worth more than 20-25 but as a starting QB in the NFL it's really up to the team to attach value and figure out whether he can be replaced. It's sh*t like this that ruins the market and sports in general.

No doubt, not worth it. But JJ gonna die sooner rather than later. Sports were ruined quite some time ago.

Just now, Apache 51 said:

No doubt, not worth it. But JJ gonna die sooner rather than later. Sports were ruined quite some time ago.

Very True some say Steinbrenner and the Reggie / Winfield days ruined sports and Imagine they were only making 1 mil (or somewhere in that range) LOL

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Best line in football check, best running back in football check. #1 Wide receiver check, HOF Tight End check. 

But it’s all me.. and I’m worth $40 mill per. 

Mean while Tom Brady signed for 23 mill per, and Isn’t getting paid under the table at all..

That's exactly why he is in a position to negotiate this otherwise ridiculous number. The Cowboys (1) have all that money tied up in the offense; (2) it is obvious Jones sees Prescott as his new franchise QB; and (3) Jones cannot live without having a marquee name at QB.