What If...

I am delighted to finally have our franchise QB on the roster and believe Darnold will become one of the elite QB in the league.  But what if that trade to move up to #3 hadn't been made?  The roster would be significantly different.  Here's how...

2018 Draft

• 1st Round:  Josh Allen, QB
  • 2nd Round: Darius Leonard. OLB
  • 2nd Round: Braden Smith, T

2019 Draft 

• 2nd Round: Rock Ya Sin, CB

Of course that makes many several assumptions that may not have actually happened, such as, the draft would have fallen the same way it actually did, Mac would have taken Leonard, Smith and Ya Sin (NOT LIKELY!), and we would have had the same record in 2018 as we did.  

14 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

I am delighted to finally have our franchise QB on the roster and believe Darnold will become one of the elite QB in the league.  But what if that trade to move up to #3 hadn't been made?  The roster would be significantly different.  Here's how...

2018 Draft

2019 Draft 

Of course that makes many several assumptions that may not have actually happened, such as, the draft would have fallen the same way it actually did, Mac would have taken Leonard, Smith and Ya Sin (NOT LIKELY!), and we would have had the same record in 2018 as we did.  

I'd Take Sam... To be honest

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

@BettyBoop, and many others, you'd enjoy this book:

51PdzumjQFL._SX260_.jpg

Fantastic and funny read.  

The queries he receives range from merely odd to downright diabolical:

• What if I took a swim in a spent-nuclear-fuel pool?

• Could you build a jetpack using downward-firing machine guns?

• What if a Richter 15 earthquake hit New York City?

• Are fire tornadoes possible?

57 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

What if we’d drafted Mahomes instead of Adams and had four extra premium picks to build a team around him?

/ducks

then who would have picked off Matt Cassel in the fourth quarter to lock up that 48-17 victory over the lions last year I ask you thank you case closed 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And what if Kirk Cousins had signed Macc's offer for $90M fully guaranteed over 3 years?  Only @Warfish would be reasonably pleased with our 3 consecutive 7-9 seasons.  

okay and what if mac had drafted mahomes? we can all take these what if's back a ways.  i think in the end the jets made out best by getting darnold although the development of the rest of the team was hampered too.

as for the whole cousins versus trading for darnold, in the end it's all about what scenario is best overall.  granted darnold is the better qb even at his young age but the price paid, assuming mac was competent at drafting, was pretty high and there are still quite a few holes that need some filling.  and even the money wasn't such an issue because the jets had to pay for guys like bell and mosely as opposed to using much cheaper draft choices for the next few years.

2 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

2018 Draft

2019 Draft 

We'd have ten thousand more posts from Tomshane this summer.